Message For Ftse Traders......

Hi Michael,
Welcome to this thread!!! To answer your question (and there may be others who have a better view) I have read elsewhere that Gold has been replaced by USD as a safe haven....
KJ

Remember you're trading paper gold not bars of physical bullion.

whats happening at the 3660 area..??

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Cash (-).png
    FTSE 100 Cash (-).png
    11.2 KB · Views: 110
Hi,

I have been having a look at this forum for a few weeks now and I have to say you seem to be very good bunch of guys. I am really very pleasantly surprised at the effort you put in to help each other since this can be very time consuming.

I dabble a bit here and there and was quite happy to see my Bank of China shares not continue on their slippery downward path after the falls in American exachanges yesterday. However, that is unrelated to this forum and the question I want to ask.

So as a first post ..... I am a tad confused about the price of gold as it has dropped in line with the markets over the last few days. I suppose it needed a breather after it recent increases however it does belie it status as 'safe haven', which I don't really beieve anyway in my simplistic way ..... . So, if it is appropriate for this discussion group, do you think the gold price falling is a short term positive for the markets or is there now no relationship between the two?

All the best and keep it up
Michael (..... sorry ....... tasmanian)

Welcome to you my friend.......

The best person to ask about Gold is Sujith...........we only trade Indices here I think?

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/met...erm-medium-term-intraday-calls-gold-here.html

he will give you a very comprehensive answer I can assure you!!

everybody rode the bubble and then got , its as simple as that?

fools got in at $1000 having bought into the idea from all these hedge fund managers that it was going to $2000, whilst all the hedge fund managers were busy loading off there stakes and locking in profits similar to the oil debacle!!

i think it depends what time frame you want to go for. im going to set up a series of trades next week to hedge my position. my longterm trade is short, targets 3950, 3650, 3250. im just going to trade in btw retracements...

2nd target met... will we get the 3287 / 3250??

so i went short below 3624 and got stopped out for 10 ticks, did this twice. then went long @ 3633, @ 3642 @ 3645, with a stop @ 3636.5

so i went short below 3624 and got stopped out for 10 ticks, did this twice. then went long @ 3633, @ 3642 @ 3645, with a stop @ 3636.5

bought 1 more @ 3652

tgt for first sale @ 3656.5 and filled

stop @ 3641.5

Morning had time for a quick glance at the FTSE.
Looks like FTSE is looking for it's next support line maybe.... 3690 or 3720.....

But sadly again I have to be off to work to count other peoples money including the banks!
Have a good day guys and I'll speak to you all this evening when I get back!

BYE!!

Viks

defo jump the gun on my stop, my stop would now be @ 3655.5, and i would still be in the whole trade

I'm long FTSE at 3660 with a 30 point stop....

I'm seeing key levels of S/R at 3720ish and 3760. If we break these then it's 3800 and 3880...... If this is wave 4 then we need to break out of the current downtrend channel which mean 3870 is a strong possibility - prob not today though.....

a guzzel of points on my ftse short
traded from the daily
chart enclosed...50 by 3 hilo
wall street is my prononciation ok.?
probably get stopped out today

Attachments

• FTSE 100.gif
    FTSE 100.gif
    57.6 KB · Views: 97