Message For Ftse Traders......

Thanks ollie and wallstreet.

Wallstreet what TF you looking at when making that analysis?

I can see the 3750 marked out as support on my daily. Should've taken advantage of that one.

Did you place your order for a certain level to hit then or late last night?
My hourly charts don't allow me to see as far back as a year as I use IG index charts.
Is there a charting software for free that I can use that will allow me to do this?

Viks

Where it is now at around 3840 is where I planned to short but I thought that I had lost it and shorted lower down. Moral--- have patience and don't chase them.

Last edited:
No one is pathetic, friend, there is a lot of "seat of the pants" stuff in this. What I do can be all wrong to hell within five minutes.

Split

No one is pathetic, friend, there is a lot of "seat of the pants" stuff in this. What I do can be all wrong to hell within five minutes.

Split

I was joking about the pathetic bit btw :)

I just remember when I was 200 points up on my first FTSE swing trade, thinking this is nice, only to be caught out by a crazy 1 day reversal... I envy those that can swing trade effectively, equally, this market doesn't seem to be too conducive to swing trading at the mo. Too volatile for me anyway.

Nice drop now!

(y)

61.8 [off morning move] and round number bounce. could go either way?

i need a 30 m green to think about going long

Yes, could go either way but I think it needs a rest to decide. So I am out, having a coffee and passing the vacuum cleaner! :)

Did you just get your stop taken out? :(

yes my friend, German business confidence data just took out my stop

crazy market my friend............I was really surprised at the pace of the drop!!

but FTSE is much more stable above 3800!!

you can't win them all guys

my short on RIO tinto more than covered the loss......anybody else shorting RIo Tinto?

I'm also long S&P 749 ...stop loss 740!!

I'm now long 3811, stop at 3799, target 3838. Looks to me like a pretty conclusive double bottom off 3800 but stand to be corrected??