Best Thread Live Trading and General Chat Lounge

PENDING TRADE

Buy Limit USD/JPY limit 94.25
Stop 93.85
Target 94.65

Good support @ 94, trend is up. I'll leave this in overnight if it doesn't trigger an reevaluate in the morning.

Peter

Do you use any stops BBB?

I do set emergency stoplosses yes.
(To safeguard against terrorist attacks/nuclear disasters.. ect)

However i never ever ever close my trades for a loss by letting it hit a stoploss.

Since my style of trading is extremely similar to how Jim Rogers trades,
in that i wait until a market has become extremely overdone in 1-direction 6-8% in very steep vertical rally without a proper pullback or reversal,
and then when the market is extremely overdone and so at its ultimate weakest i then start preying on it and attack by executing a trade (at solid S&R levels/chart formations) to catch the snap-back.

But so if from example the Dow has rocketedup 900points in 3days without more than a 45points pullback reversal,
and so is now at 11,900 where you sell to catch the snap-back,
it would be foolish and illogical to then close that trade for a loss if it moved 100points higher,
and it would now then have rocketed 1,000points, so would be even more weak and vunerable. (y)

SO the way i instead would have traded it would be to of added 75% of my trade size (£6 per point) at 11,900,
20% (£3 per point) at 12,000,
and then final 5% (£1 per point) if it managed to get to 12,150.

As that way id have trapped the market, since it either had to rise abit to let me get an even better average entry price,
OR,
fall straight into profit for me. :cool::p

However if the market rose to 12,300, floated sideways for a few days, dipped down to 12,150, floated sideways back upto 12,250, and looked like it bad built a very strong solid base + the news & daily data releases were all bullish,
id probably look to close the trade at around 12,200 level on a dip for a smallish loss.

I'm never posting on this thread again, I always lose them when I call them. Stopped for -100.

Mate f**k brent crude!! :devilish:

Seriously just look at the monthly chart, there is no point whatsoever in selling it below 113.06.

And so instead of making the trade now just because this is the current price that the market is at,
just tell the market to fcxuk off until it offers you an extremely good price! (y)

And seriously though ignore brent, its acting like a tw*t only offering 108 when the true resistance isnt until 113.

But look at Wti Crude at 98.26!! :cheesy:(y)

That is extremely strong resistance, and especially if it manages to spike up there tomorrow it will be an extremely overdone steep move and the most gorgeous sexy entry point that ive seen this entire year! :p

Im gna be selling it at 98.26 @ £9.50 per point, with a target of 95.36.

eur/gb buy @8462 stop 10 points

Was saved by the skin of my teeth there
I see there is some major support @8446 so will lower my stop loss to 8440.

Last edited:
jules have you been handing out £100 notes again -------- plenty of posters ---- good to see them have a go live be it £+ or £- their calls.

SO the way i instead would have traded it would be to of added 75% of my trade size (£6 per point) at 11,900,
20% (£3 per point) at 12,000,
and then final 5% (£1 per point) if it managed to get to 12,150.

Try weighting it the other way. When you do (and I assume you do) your stress test and trading plan, weight it the other way so that you're paid more for more stress.

ie, £1 entry followed by regulated and controlled higher increments the further the market gets away and closer to your stop.

You'll see a sharp increase in profits for your stress and a healthy reduction in risk. Once you've done this you'll wonder why you've always done it the way you are trading now.

Lee

I think there using their i-phones while in the queue for the professor course

flicking phones its like an extension to their ears :cheesy: talking a load of sh-t when walking down the street at all times of day (very sad ) and then you see others sitting in their cars waving their hands around pointing something out to the caller at end of line ffs I better stop raving now