Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Livermore said:
We will have a lof of eco data today, including UK CPI and RPI, but what is RPI? And does anyone know a good site about UK eco data?

PS. Badtrader: How do you trade the eco news?

The only Uk figure to worry about today is the CPI y/y. The rest don't matter as the MPC's role is purely to ensure the CPI stays between 1% and 3%. Last time it was 0.5% (compared to the central target of 2%) and expected to fall to 2.4% this time.

Better than expected German GDP created a little rally, but there's not much power behind it - until now. I suppose the market is waiting for more data.

citigroup's global fx ecomonist stated that citigroup are targetting 1.67 on a monthly basis (on CNBC)

JP1966 said:
The only Uk figure to worry about today is the CPI y/y. The rest don't matter as the MPC's role is purely to ensure the CPI stays between 1% and 3%. Last time it was 0.5% (compared to the central target of 2%) and expected to fall to 2.4% this time.

It fell to 2.3%. Bearish for Cable, I suppose.

G-Man said:
Slight pop down, but still within todays range ATM.

G-Man

Yes, but most times the fundamentals will win in the end. Like yesterday. I suppose the big traders (hedgefonds etc.) are a little bit slow to trade on the eco news...? :cheesy:

JonnyT said:
You've gotta be init to win it.

JonnyT

Well; I always wait to see the data, before I commit myself - I dont try to predict the news. And theres always a seat in the pips-train for me.

PS. What that trade part of your famous Breakfast strategy?