Best Thread Live Cable Trading

dc2000 said:
Hi Zuke

Hows ya doin long time no hear from

Hey DC..not bad..my new trading system is doing very well (modified Vegas tunnel method)..not making bucketfuls, but enough to keep the wolves from the door! You still making those ridicoulously accurate calls?

For those who dont know..I've yet to see another poster on here make calls as accurate as DC..he's like a machine!!

zuke said:
Hey DC..not bad..my new trading system is doing very well (modified Vegas tunnel method)..not making bucketfuls, but enough to keep the wolves from the door! You still making those ridicoulously accurate calls?

For those who dont know..I've yet to see another poster on here make calls as accurate as DC..he's like a machine!!

Wot, not even that badass badtrader / indexgold fella? :)

zuke said:
Better, provides rationale and is humble.

Fair enough!

Is anyone interested in setting up a "Live Cable Trading" voice channel, like the Woodie CCI boys/girls do? Or does such a service already exist? I think badass was going to do this, but I haven't heard from him for a while.

c6

elbart said:
Marmoset still in bed ??? Someone give him a nudge. :)

Just out of bed *yaaawn* Busy reading up here and at the same time looking at the charts. Hot damn, I've missed out on some REAL money :eek:

Slow n Easy thats my motto ( insert Brambs inuendo here ) :)

as for the calls you make me blush lets see what happens with the above, still waiting for 1.8458

Priceman said:
That'll teach me ! I was shorting (going with the market) before the news and then saw it was going up so changed my direction. On a 1min chart then POW !!! It fell 40 pips and stopped me out. That's how easy you can give it back hey. News feed on CMC isn't so quick hey ?

Hope some of you were in the right direction there !!

Buy the rumour, sell the news, just been looking at that drop on the 1min. :cool:

Saturday I'll be doing some checking and backtesting on NFPs from Jan. 05 onward to see how it developed an hour prior to the news, whether it reversed, correlation to height of prior movement to postnews lift-off or meltdown etc. Should be very enlightening.

I'm a newbie trying to figure out how to trade the news. I would like to know what happens if the BOE doesn't change the rate. Does that mean GBP/USD will go down because of the higher chance that the Fed will increase rates?

Thanks marmoset, quick coffee for you and you'll get in the groove I'm sure...

I'm currently short (which is where I was just before my 40 pip crash !) Want to see it stay below the 8474 level for a while before I'm convinced though. That's the current S/R level I have in. It keeps touching it but not staying under.

Baruch is the main news trader on here I think but not seen him for a while. I ignore the news personally, all fatored in and I just use the charts.

brianred5 said:
I'm a newbie trying to figure out how to trade the news. I would like to know what happens if the BOE doesn't change the rate. Does that mean GBP/USD will go down because of the higher chance that the Fed will increase rates?

It's really hard to say how the market will react, as the question more often than not is: Was this anticipated? I've seen BOE news that caused nary a twitch in cable, both when they didn't raise or raised it.

Fundamentals right now are that $ rate > £ rate, so logically speaking, more money should be flowing into the greenback (big funds etc. looking for the added revenue of interest) and longterm cable should come down.

Mark the string of ifs and shoulds. But the market will go where it will, hence I just try to trade what I see, and stay away from the shoulds. Lost too big a wad on the shoulds and convictions and opinions. :eek:

Priceman said:
Thanks marmoset, quick coffee for you and you'll get in the groove I'm sure...

I'm currently short (which is where I was just before my 40 pip crash !) Want to see it stay below the 8474 level for a while before I'm convinced though. That's the current S/R level I have in. It keeps touching it but not staying under.

Short's a good call, EUR didn't break through intermediate support one, down quite a bit on last candle while cable isn't following (yet). When it does, bungeeeeee ;)

Quick newbie question: I've seen M1, M2, M3 etc mentioned somewhere as related to pivots, but can't find a definition for them in the Traderpedia.

Can somebody enlighten me?

marmoset said:
Hi Leo,

Too noob to answer that one. To me, DOW is just a follower like the currencies.
As for $/JPY, ask Baruch. For cable ($/£), I watch EUR/$ (thanks again Baruch).

Stock markets are anticipators, generally 6-9 months ahead of time, so are currencies.

Sorry if all I offer is a thin blanket (response), but I do think TA in both types of markets help best.

Hi Marmoset, thanks for your reply. It's good to see alot of people here in this thread. Dow thread is so quiet now.

leovirgo said:
Hi Marmoset, thanks for your reply. It's good to see alot of people here in this thread. Dow thread is so quiet now.
I noticed that, is everyone in the chat room instead now? I see a few of the same names in there.

marmoset said:
Quick newbie question: I've seen M1, M2, M3 etc mentioned somewhere as related to pivots, but can't find a definition for them in the Traderpedia.

Can somebody enlighten me?

That's a straightforward one. M1 is the middle point between the Pivot and R1. M2 is the middle of R1 and R2 and so on.

brianred5 said:

Here's a link to some trading the news from someone who does it quite successfully apparently...

hope this helps

http://strategybuilderfx.com/showth...40&page=1&pp=40

Hi Brianred and welcome as Marm has stated its often a case of what is expected by the market sometimes it is given away in the price action prior to the news but is still hard, better to be flat ahead of important news IMO

Marmoset I think M1 M2 M3 refers to the camilla equation pivots