Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Baruch said:
Are you still trading - or chasing the girls again as a bartender? Could be nice to know... :cheesy:

Got a PM from our bartender friend. He's still trading - and still chasing the girls (but not as a bartender anymore). Nice to hear.

Baruch said:
Got a PM from our bartender friend. He's still trading - and still chasing the girls (but not as a bartender anymore). Nice to hear.

What a commitment it is to trade full time, as your only income. I wonder how many of you actually do this? I work full-time; kinda have one of those jobs where knowone looks over my shoulder :cheesy:

okey-dokey... time to flip her over and attack her from the short side..

out of long at 1.7877 for -2 :( and short from the same place..

FetteredChinos said:

Yup, got short now from 1.7881, s/l: 1.7899, target: 1.7845. 0.1 lots. Bit annoyed with commin in so late (damn those extended lunch hours) :cheesy:

FetteredChinos said:

Man, that is unreal... you let 50 points slip through your fingers..... Have to admire willigness to have another go.

got to trade the system..

50pips is nothing...

i only trade smallish size,

too many people are scared of everyday market movements..

viz all the fuss over the Dow dropping 200points in a day...people claiming that the bear was back etc...

over-reactions left right and centre... just trade smaller size and be more leisurely about it :)

FC

You gotta let them slide...

Unless you keep disciplined to you system you could take the 50 tomorrow and watch it pull back past and keep going to 200....

Consistency in profit requires consistency in your own rules

FetteredChinos said:
got to trade the system..

50pips is nothing...

i only trade smallish size,

too many people are scared of everyday market movements..

viz all the fuss over the Dow dropping 200points in a day...people claiming that the bear was back etc...

over-reactions left right and centre... just trade smaller size and be more leisurely about it :)

FC

You have nerves of steel FC, I get to 15 pips I'm happy, 25 and I'm jumping around, 30+ hernia.

CG

jezza888 said:
You gotta let them slide...

Unless you keep disciplined to you system you could take the 50 tomorrow and watch it pull back past and keep going to 200....

Consistency in profit requires consistency in your own rules

Nope disagree.... I'm not in the "hit a home run" camp. They will be too few and far between IMHO

Its not about the 200 pointers its about consistency to rules knowing the bigger picture will be better off and accepting when you miss out.

tomorrow 40 may be enough, then the next day you won't let 30 slide away, then 20... etc... Soon as 5 losses come along in a row, you kick yourself for not letting the possible winners run.

Just my opinion from where I've been!

hans123: both cable ranges in place:

( values include the 5-pip add-on )
5-9am range:
Short=1.7812;
Long=1.7857

9am-1pm range:
Short=1.7822;
Long=1.7939.

so far: I get the morning range triggered: it rose sufficiently for the S/L to be set to B/E. ( no risk trade )

Am I doing this right ?

god its been a slow day today... :(

Attachments

• pic13925.gif
    pic13925.gif
    172.9 KB · Views: 169
trendie said:
hans123: both cable ranges in place:

( values include the 5-pip add-on )
5-9am range:
Short=1.7812;
Long=1.7857

9am-1pm range:
Short=1.7822;
Long=1.7939.

so far: I get the morning range triggered: it rose sufficiently for the S/L to be set to B/E. ( no risk trade )

Am I doing this right ?

He has posted one long on Cable... SL moved to Brekeven
1 Long of Euro.... stopped out at -41 pips and a 2 shorts triggered ... which are still open