Best Thread Live Cable Trading

Aarrrrrrrrrrrgghh. All gone Pete Tong Today.

Smegging FXCM and NetDania charts packed up twice today. Order to Sell at 285 cancelled, and short at 260 just been stopped.

Result -23 for the day. Turning off the screen and going for a walk.

Catch you tomorrow.

zuke said:
Im SHORT again 282 stop 25 Target 75 pips

Stopped out AGAIN :eek: -25 +30 for the day. Im gonna take my 30 pips and run!! See you all 2 morrow!

Was beginning to enjoy trading cable via Finspreads. However, a bit annoyed with them today as their server keeps going down and staying down during the last one hour.

Having spent the last 5 hours or so away from my desk and having a nice relaxing game of football, Im now back in my charts. I make 7460 to be minor res, so I am SHORT 456 for 5 lots Stop is 30 and first target is 55 pips before scaling out.

zuke said:
Having spent the last 5 hours or so away from my desk and having a nice relaxing game of football, Im now back in my charts. I make 7460 to be minor res, so I am SHORT 456 for 5 lots Stop is 30 and first target is 55 pips before scaling out.

zuke i also have resistance at 17460 on my charts 15&30 mins at time you posted,but i wonder why you have your stop so far above the resistance surely the resistance is broken long before then,therefore you are in a different ball game.this is an observation not a criticism.

zuke said:

Dollar is weak I will try to be on the good side ie Long on cable. on dips etc.. May do some retracement but for now no signals

zuke said:

Stopped out and serves me right for trading against the trend :eek: Gotta follow the basic rules of trading :rolleyes:

zuke said:
Stopped out and serves me right for trading against the trend :eek: Gotta follow the basic rules of trading :rolleyes:

Hmmm... I would have said a short at +240 (odd) points on the day was a high probability trade. Can't beleive it didn't take a breather overnight.

Today could be fun.

dc2000 said:
now short 521 looking for usual

Short 553 10 lots 25 Stop 50 target before beginning to scale out. Reasonably confident about this trade (famous last words!!)

karmit said:
Zuke,
Which indicators do you tend to follow for trading FX?
Cheers,
Karmit
Karmit, I used to be an indicator junkie but tend not to use them much any more. When I do, its usually 1 or 2 max of ADX, RSI, Stochs and Keltners. As I said usually only use 1 of them.

watsone said:
zuke i also have resistance at 17460 on my charts 15&30 mins at time you posted,but i wonder why you have your stop so far above the resistance surely the resistance is broken long before then,therefore you are in a different ball game.this is an observation not a criticism.

I was extremely sloppy with this trade. Your criticism (Im happy to be constructively criticised, thats why I post live) is well founded. I should have had a tight stop (20 pips).

Will be shorting @ 1.7534, target 30 pips (daily target) s/l: 25 pips, if my order gets filled that is. Also if you wan't to be consistently profitable, just do the opposite of me :rolleyes: