Is anyone familiar Andrew Mitchem - the forex trading coach? online forex course

well yes it is as simple as that, but as has been pointed out in the thread previously, why buy when it's free? to my mind it's a very high price to have this info spoonfed.

there are a few unhappy clients if you look. though while i agree with you, there indeed appears more happy clients, and good write ups from "review" sites. you have to look deeper, most are the same people saying the same thing all over the net. the "review" sites carry affiliated links, as do some of the "happy" clients, they not likely to diss are they.

Yup, I do agree you can learn it for free, i was once think like that but there's just too many information out there. How do you put it all together?

some people just need a mentor/coach to help them out, to put it all together and the most important thing is to give you confidence.

I don't see any comment from unhappy clients, maybe i miss out, can you help me out?

Yup, I do agree you can learn it for free, i was once think like that but there's just too many information out there. How do you put it all together?

some people just need a mentor/coach to help them out, to put it all together and the most important thing is to give you confidence.

I don't see any comment from unhappy clients, maybe i miss out, can you help me out?

Alligatorfx; there are many problems with this behaviour:

1. Snake oil sales. When someone promise you that if you buy his product; you turn $1000 to $1,000,000; doesn't this ring a bell. it is the perfect snake oil that can cure many things.

2. Fraud (aka lies). Telling others your live brokerage statement; that seems to have been doctored; is a like; or Fraud in the eye of the law.

3. Fraud: fake testimonials. public deception is also Fraud!

4. Andrew was given the chance to proof otherwise; but he is not doing so.

5. This forum; is for the purpose of shedding light on products for sale by vendors. Punters like to ask people around before they buy it; and find out for themselves they were cheated on.

6. Fraud laws; was made for the purpose of protecting the innocent; or should I say; the naives. This is not enough excuse for committing fraud.

Not to mention many other things; such as telling the world your are "the world foremost expert on candlesticks". I thought "Steve Nison" was...:)

others claim to be "the world foremost experts on price". or even saying they are "the world champion trader". they even believed their own lies; and went public on TV claiming to raise traders like they raise turtles in Chicago (by Dennis Richard); and in Singapore. :)

What a sport.

Last edited:
they came here remember, as they went forth across several boards, for a bit of free publicity and promotion. which i think was quite foolhardy imo. especialy here.

It is getting that way, it would seem.

I would guess that T2W, for whatever reason, tends to get possibly more than its fair share of new fish. Hence scammers target the place relentlessly.

But I think it's been so overdone those members who are not taken in tend to respond swiftly and with brutal force (especially Sheriff Boyles and his rotating band deputies). This prevents the scams maturing as they once would and it seems that a fairly militant anti-vendor atmosphere is developing.

Plus of course the average scammer is a pretty unimaginative creature, even if one was not appropriately cynical in the first place. There is a heavy dollop of "seen one, seen 'em all" about their activities.

Another interesting thing is T2W's (very commendable) lack of gurus. One or two people have come close to guru status, but nothing on the scale of James16 for example, over on FF. I'm not saying anything against his site - it may be excellent, for all I know - but given his activities the odds are strongly against him being a successful trader. Yet he is hero-worshipped by what seems to be an amazing number of people over there. It really is staggering how much people will take on trust (or rather on hope and greed).

Last edited:

I think you are missing a few things.

In order to try to be balanced, a mentor (or membership of a site like James16) can give you support and encouragement. This does have a value, as a big part of success is simply making it through the tough times.

That aside:

1: The chances of you finding an honest and competent vendor are tiny. At the very least, the vast majority of these guys are teaching because they can't trade (I would say all of them, but I'm trying to be balanced - it is theoretically possible that one of the many educators who put themselves about for a fee might be doing it for some reason other than they need the money because they can't trade).

2: Most mentors / coaches do not have a clue what they are talking about. They will fill your head with rubbish that then has to be unlearned. So for most people this route is not a short cut but a long and harmful detour.

3: You ask, how does one put it all together? Very simple - through a lot of hard work.

4: You have missed the most important point of all. Your approach has to suit you - there is likely very little point in trying to copy someone else. The process of learning is almost as important as the learning itself. That might sound strange but I suspect that there are still a few people here who understand what I mean by that. Only by going through the process of testing, discovery, thought and so on can you develop something that you will have the confidence and instinctive ability to use in real time. There are exceptions to this, but they are so few and far between that as a retail punter you might as well regard them as non-existent.

5: You cannot buy experience. Experience is I think invaluable, irreplaceable. It is the real teacher. A mentor / vendor cannot help you with that.

btw; is John Fisher (the guy who started this thread) still here?

As others mentioned in this thread; I am surprised how dull some of these vendors are. creating a user on this site named after a real person; is dull dull dull. :sleep:

We need more sports; who else are you selling products for? :LOL:

Alligatorfx; there are many problems with this behaviour:

1. Snake oil sales. When someone promise you that if you buy his product; you turn $1000 to $1,000,000; doesn't this ring a bell. it is the perfect snake oil that can cure many things.

2. Fraud (aka lies). Telling others your live brokerage statement; that seems to have been doctored; is a like; or Fraud in the eye of the law.

3. Fraud: fake testimonials. public deception is also Fraud!

4. Andrew was given the chance to proof otherwise; but he is not doing so.

5. This forum; is for the purpose of shedding light on products for sale by vendors. Punters like to ask people around before they buy it; and find out for themselves they were cheated on.

6. Fraud laws; was made for the purpose of protecting the innocent; or should I say; the naives. This is not enough excuse for committing fraud.

Not to mention many other things; such as telling the world your are "the world foremost expert on candlesticks". I thought "Steve Nison" was...:)

others claim to be "the world foremost experts on price". or even saying they are "the world champion trader". they even believed their own lies; and went public on TV claiming to raise traders like they raise turtles in Chicago (by Dennis Richard); and in Singapore. :)

What a sport.

I do agree when someone said buy our products and turn 1000 to millions in a short time, you better run away, but I don't see andrew say such thing.

In my opinion forum is really a bad way to seek advice and like I said i don't see any comments from his client that say "i've been cheated"

I do agree when someone said buy our products and turn 1000 to millions in a short time, you better run away, but I don't see andrew say such thing.

I thinl pboyles has already posted links where Andrew has previously made claims /attempts that he'll trade £10 to £10 million ! (and he's tried this sort of thing a few times, so obviously you are not looking very hard)

That kind of garbage is just beyond ridiculous, and all but the most gullible are going to fall for it. The idiots who would even give that sort of thing a second glance simply cant be helped.

However, its a win win situation, those kinds of claims provide endless lulz and entertainment, and they keep Andrew gainfully employed taking cash of the gullible. Long may it continue, we need more lulz.

I see The Hare has made a post above. He is an interesting case in point.

He claims to use random entries and from memory to have had a profit for the last year somewhere in the region of 100%. I have no reason either to believe him or to disbelieve him; although from his posts I think he is a person who at least deserves to be taken seriously.

Let us assume we believe his claims. Does it take much thought to devise a method whereby we might test whether there is anything in his claimed approach, and explore the possibility of doing something similar? I don't think so, yet despite this I imagine very few people who are looking for a method will bother to do so, preferring instead to spend thousands on an "educator". If people did try this experiment, it is probably likely that they will fail, although I think it is equally likely that they might gain insights and experience that will be helpful to them in other trading endeavours.

Sticking with The Hare, he also made a post claiming he had 14 (or so) losers in a row, and that without realising it. This I remember attracted a great deal of derision from one poster, who seemed to think that it was impossible for a person who had such a string of losses to be profitable, and equally impossible for a person to be unaware of them.

This simply reveals a profound ignorance and lack of imagination; it surely is not too difficult to conceive of how this pattern of win and lose might apply to the biggest, most active and most profitable traders. However, many people might simply be unable to cope with this - I know it would certainly prove very testing for me.

Assume he shared his profitable approach with the forum (and assume his approach was proven to be profitable). Would people generally be profitable with it? In all likelihood no. This would probably be due to two things - an inability to cope with large strings of losses (in any method) and a lack of confidence due to the fact that they did not develop the approach themselves. They did not develop the method, they did not perform their own tests and keep their own records, they did not reason it through and demonstrate to themselves the logic behind it. These are huge disadvantages when it comes to the practical business of executing a method day after day.

This is a very important principle to grasp, and is another reason why even an honest and competent educator (if one such could be found) is unlikely to be able to help you. The process of discovery and reasoning is in itself of tremendous value - the process of being spoon-fed (no matter how nourishing the grub might be) is in itself at least potentially very harmful.

In my opinion forum is really a bad way to seek advice and like I said i don't see any comments from his client that say "i've been cheated"

Well; read this thread again to see for yourself.

it is not wrong to be an "educator"; anybody can be; even my next door neighbour; who seems to be a gullible.

However; to lie about being a successful trader; to deceive others to buy your course; is NOT an honourable thing to do.

Obviously in this industry; punters (even naive ones) do have a beleif that they should buy a course from an "expert" in the field.

As Leopard puts it; there are very very few successful traders who *educate*. and I think we have already concluded that Mr Mitchem; the world foremost expert in candlesticks; is not even remotely close to a successful trader.

Unless of course; if he provides a proooooof. we are still waiting.

if you have any connections with him; please ask him to be honest and present his facts.

also; where are all the clients who gave 5 stars? we want to hear them here.... i guarantee we won't slaughter them; we will ask them direct questions about the course. nothing else; i promise.

I thinl pboyles has already posted links where Andrew has previously made claims /attempts that he'll trade £10 to £10 million ! (and he's tried this sort of thing a few times, so obviously you are not looking very hard)

That kind of garbage is just beyond ridiculous, and all but the most gullible are going to fall for it. The idiots who would even give that sort of thing a second glance simply cant be helped.

However, its a win win situation, those kinds of claims provide endless lulz and entertainment, and they keep Andrew gainfully employed taking cash of the gullible. Long may it continue, we need more lulz.

I know about the challenge. What i mean is he never said that if you buy his product you'll turn 10k to millions. can you see the difference?

and if im not mistaken eventhough he didn't finish it, he ends up with a profit

look im neutral here, I'm not saying his course is good or bad, I'm just saying look at it with an open mind, if you don't like it then simply dont buy it :)

Well; read this thread again to see for yourself.

it is not wrong to be an "educator"; anybody can be; even my next door neighbour; who seems to be a gullible.

However; to lie about being a successful trader; to deceive others to buy your course; is NOT an honourable thing to do.

Obviously in this industry; punters (even naive ones) do have a beleif that they should buy a course from an "expert" in the field.

As Leopard puts it; there are very very few successful traders who *educate*.

He has put his live trade, i don't see anyone dares to do the same thing.
I prefer to judge him from that, you can see how he approach the market, if he's a real trader or not. if it doesnt suit you then don't buy it, simple right..

Unless of course; if he provides a proooooof. we are still waiting.

if you have any connections with him; please ask him to be honest and present his facts.

also; where are all the clients who gave 5 stars? we want to hear them here.... i guarantee we won't slaughter them; we will ask them direct questions about the course. nothing else; i promise.

no, i dont know him. i'm not related to andrew, I'm neutral with this one..

yup asking real clients is more preferable, and tat would be great if the client post something here. I think some of them has put some comments in earlier post, but then get slaughtered..

how bout ask andrew personally, email him, if you dont like his answer then you can just walk away right :)

He has put his live trade, i don't see anyone dares to do the same thing.
I prefer to judge him from that, you can see how he approach the market, if he's a real trader or not. if it doesnt suit you then don't buy it, simple right..

** You should read the thread *** all your questions are answered already.

we have reason to beleive that the statement he posted is doctored. He forgot to put the correct statement date; and instead had it as "1 January 1970".

I personally never found courses from lulz such as Mitchem to be attractive. Of course i am not going to buy it. What we are up to here; is to filter out rubbish *educators*

PS You seem to speak same language as Mitchem. if you are him; why don't you answer the questions asked earlier in this thread?

there's just too many information out there. How do you put it all together?

It will likely take years - years which will involve hard thought, hard work and hard experience. In my case, it was about three years before I was anywhere close to being able to think about doing this for a living (and anywhere close is a long way off).

That sounds like a lot, doesn't it? Or does it? There has been an allusion above to ridiculous claims and the saps who believe them. Let us place this in context:

A successful lawyer or doctor can end up making a great deal of money. What does this entail? Many years of hard training, followed by a career of very hard work - long hours doing tasks which are very challenging. In the early years, they might have to work very hard indeed for relatively little remuneration.

A successful trader can make those doctors and lawyers look like hungry clowns. His working life (once he has attained a reasonable level of skill) can be undemanding and indeed very pleasant. Is it reasonable to expect this without having to work and think very hard to get to that position?

The time and the struggle are not (or should not be) daunting - they are a small price to pay, and to expect to pay less is entering the realm of fantasy. It is possible to become highly proficient in a few months of course; but it is extremely unlikely.

Those who are put off by the prospect of putting in a lot of time and work should just give up and go and do something else.

** You should read the thread *** all your questions are answered already.

we have reason to beleive that the statement he posted is doctored. He forgot to put the correct statement date; and instead had it as "1 January 1970".

I personally never found courses from lulz such as Mitchem to be attractive. Of course i am not going to buy it. What we are up to here; is to filter out rubbish *educators*

PS You seem to speak same language as Mitchem. if you are him; why don't you answer the questions asked earlier in this thread?

yup we still waiting his answer regarding this one..

It will likely take years - years which will involve hard thought, hard work and hard experience. In my case, it was about three years before I was anywhere close to being able to think about doing this for a living (and anywhere close is a long way off).

That sounds like a lot, doesn't it? Or does it? There has been an allusion above to ridiculous claims and the saps who believe them. Let us place this in context:

A successful lawyer or doctor can end up making a great deal of money. What does this entail? Many years of hard training, followed by a career of very hard work - long hours doing tasks which are very challenging. In the early years, they might have to work very hard indeed for relatively little remuneration.

A successful trader can make those doctors and lawyers look like hungry clowns. His working life (once he has attained a reasonable level of skill) can be undemanding and indeed very pleasant. Is it reasonable to expect this without having to work and think very hard to get to that position?

The time and the struggle are not (or should not be) daunting - they are a small price to pay, and to expect to pay less is entering the realm of fantasy. It is possible to become highly proficient in a few months of course; but it is extremely unlikely.

Those who are put off by the prospect of putting in a lot of time and work should just give up and go and do something else.

totally agree, but in my opinion it's better to have a coach/mentor, it saves time, which is more important, if you lose money you can always get it back but no one can turn back time.

even michael jordan need a coach :)

there is a good example of the above; in this thread:

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/mechanical-systems-trading/145384-1-000-000-challenge.html

the guy wanted to be successful in few minutes. read it and have a laugh :LOL:

totally agree, but in my opinion it's better to have a coach/mentor, it saves time, which is more important, if you lose money you can always get it back but no one can turn back time.

even michael jordan need a coach :)

sure but where can you find a coach that can teach you to control the emotions just before and after you press the button. I could teach anyone the basics of what they need to know,but that will never make them a good trader. if I thought I could train someone to be a profitable trader,Id probably give it a go

sure but where can you find a coach that can teach you to control the emotions just before and after you press the button.

i think this is done by providing them with a system / strategy which you can learn / trade with very little emotion, an automated one would be best obv, if any decent ones exist.

i do not pay anyone for tuition / mentoring / systems - whatever you want to call it, and i am not talking specifically about andrew mitchem - but i reckon using someone elses strategy may mean they skip the psychological aspect of trading all together (which is what they want) - they pay for someones already proven (so they are told) strategy, and if they follow the rules it will work (so they are told). so it can be quite mechanical - esp if all your doing is following someones signals.

Why spend thousands of days searching, filtering, deciphering the freely available knowledge on the web / in books, & then spend a few more thousand+ hours refining it, moulding it to your psyche, testing on demo then live accounts (which is what i am currently doing) when you can take a short cut & pay for it. it is a fairly attractive shortcut when put like that - and obv some people think its worth a fair amount of money. the issue which most of you are highlighting here though i think is whether or not the strategy (andrew mitchems) is any good - i.e. is it fair value? and most of you think its not - but again fair value to some may be a complete rip off to others - i dont think its an easy thing to measure/define (of course if its a crap strategy / signal provider then it should have 0 fair value).

personally i am enjoying the learning bit though, its a very intriguing (though at times frustrating) journey.

i think this is done by providing them with a system / strategy which you can learn / trade with very little emotion, an automated one would be best obv, if any decent ones exist.

i do not pay anyone for tuition / mentoring / systems - whatever you want to call it, and i am not talking specifically about andrew mitchem - but i reckon using someone elses strategy may mean they skip the psychological aspect of trading all together (which is what they want) - they pay for someones already proven (so they are told) strategy, and if they follow the rules it will work (so they are told). so it can be quite mechanical - esp if all your doing is following someones signals.

Why spend thousands of days searching, filtering, deciphering the freely available knowledge on the web / in books, & then spend a few more thousand+ hours refining it, moulding it to your psyche, testing on demo then live accounts (which is what i am currently doing) when you can take a short cut & pay for it. it is a fairly attractive shortcut when put like that - and obv some people think its worth a fair amount of money. the issue which most of you are highlighting here though i think is whether or not the strategy (andrew mitchems) is any good - i.e. is it fair value? and most of you think its not - but again fair value to some may be a complete rip off to others - i dont think its an easy thing to measure/define (of course if its a crap strategy / signal provider then it should have 0 fair value).

personally i am enjoying the learning bit though, its a very intriguing (though at times frustrating) journey.

It doesnt exist. Its a simple as this,if someone had a system that consistently worked without emotion involved,I and every trader on here would follow it.
EAs and automated are mainly seasonal.