InTheMoneyStocks Market Analysis

Chipotle Mexican Grill Gets Roasted, Where's The Trade?

Yesterday, leading fast food restaurant stock Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE:CMG) sold off after announcing Q2 guidance. Despite the stock price falling sharply lower on yesterday's news the stock actually peaked out on May 16, 2017 at $499.00 a share. Today, CMG stock trades at $416.00 a share. Many traders are now wondering if the stock is cheap, but unfortunately it should trade lower according to the charts.

Traders and investors should note that the stock was defended in March 2017 at around the $394.00 level. This should be the next major support area for CMG stock when it is retested. At this stage of the game the stock should have the selling momentum to test that key support level.

CMG%206.21.17.png

Nicholas Santiago
InTheMoneyStocks

General Electric (GE): Big Buying Opportunity Right Here...

Just last week, shares of General Electric Company (NYSE:GE) surged almost 10% after it was announced that the CEO would be stepping down. General Electric is one of those old school companies that is having a hard time getting investors to believe they are on the cutting edge of the future. Thus, they have not traded at a price-to-earnings ratio of many other technology companies, even after selling off GE Financial and getting rid of the boring parts of the company. Investors view the current CEO as part of the problem. He is old school when the stock market demands new school. When it was announced, Wall Street cheered and General Electric shares jumped. However, since that day, the stock has faltered and faded, coming back to the gap fill from the sharp pop day. This is known as major support.

Believe it or not, the stock has even moved slightly lower, now into a major level I believe is a strong buy. The level is $27.75 and is a major trend line as seen in the chart below. This is a gift. Investors can buy the stock below levels prior to the announcement. I am looking to swing trade the stock with an upside target of $30.50.

GE%2006.21.2017.PNG

Gareth Soloway
InTheMoneyStocks

Know This Major Trade Level For This Retail Stock

As you know, the leading retail stocks have all been coming under severe selling pressure lately. It is well known that Amazon.com (NASDA:AMZN) has been eating the lunch of many leading retail companies. Are these beaten down retail companies ready to adjust to the Amazon way of doing business?

One leading retail stock that has fallen sharply lower is TJX Companies Inc (NYSE:TJX). This company is an off-price apparel and home fashions retailer in the United States and across the world. TJX stock recently topped out on May 10th, 2017 at $80.92 a share. Since that high pivot the stock has plunged lower and is now trading around $68.72 a share.

Traders should note that this stock is now trading into a major support level around the $67.75 area. This level is a major retrace area and it coincides with a weekly chart 200 moving average. Often, this dual support area will signal a major bounce is near in the stock price. Institutional buyers will usually defend the equity around this level.

TJX%206.22.17.png

Nicholas Santiago
InTheMoneyStocks

Fear In Certain Sectors Can Be Great Trade Opportunities

There are so many traders and investors in the financial news media that will look at a declining stock sector and become so fearful. Why do they not see the opportunity in these beaten down industry groups? The reason is because they do not understand the charts. They are getting all caught up in the emotion of hearing that the sky is falling. Hence, they simply follow the crowd and all run for the exit door (sell) at the same time. This type of thinking has always gone on since the beginning of time.

Last week, the retail stocks were selling off in a very sharp manner. Popular retail stocks like Bed Bath & Beyond Inc.(NASDAQ:BBBY), Home Depot Inc(NYSE:HD), and Costco Wholesale Corporation (NASDAQ:COST) were plunging lower on the charts. Many traders and investors were selling these stocks with both hands as the volume was fairly heavy in these equities. Believe it or not, when a stock declines in this fashion this is where the opportunity lies. On June 24th, 2017 I was able to isolate a major chart support level for Costco Wholesale Corporation(NASDAQ:COST) just below $157.00 a share. Today, COST stock is trading higher by $2.52 to $159.62 a share. I was able to buy call options in the stock and sell half of them today for a 28.0 percent gain.

Traders and investors need to learn how to read the charts in order to find these trading opportunities when they present themselves. It is important to remember that there will be bear markets in many sectors and industry groups within an overall bull market. This is the markets way of presenting us with trading opportunities if you can understand the charts.

cost%206.26.17.png

Nicholas Santiago
InTheMoneyStocks

See Why Every Investor Should Short $JNJ Right Here!

Shares of Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ) have risen sharply in 2017. The maker of band-aids and other household products is up 23.5% this year. Using a technique called a measured move, I have calculated the maximum upside in Johnson & Johnson. This is the spot where every investor should short it for an easy-money swing trade profit as it falls. To calculate this, you simply take the first move up which is $28, then add it to the beginning of the second move. Each move should be a total of $28.00, thus putting the maximum upside at $139.00. This is where every smart investor will short it. The target on the swing trade short is $130.00, likely hit within weeks of the maximum upside $139.00 level. Please note the chart below for a visual representation of the measured move.

JNJ%2006.26.2017.PNG

Gareth Soloway
InTheMoneyStocks

Are The Semiconductors Flashing A Warning Sign?

As we all know, the tech heavy NASDAQ Composite has been the market leading index in 2017. This index includes the popular FANG stocks such as Facebook Inc(NASDAQ:FB), Apple Inc.(NASDAQ:AAPL), Netflix, Inc.(NASDAQ:NFLX) and Alphabet Inc(NASDAQ:GOOGL). While these stocks have been stellar performers it has really been the semiconductor stocks that have shined.

NVIDIA Corporation(NASDAQ:NVDA) is probably the leading semiconductor stock in the market right now. Since April 13th, 2017 this leading semiconductor stock has rallied higher by more than $50.00 a share. NVDA stock is currently trading at $150.65 a share. This tech leader made a high on June 9th, 2017 at $168.50 a share before reversing sharply lower on that trading day. Since that high pivot the stock has been unable to recapture the highs made that day. In fact, the entire semiconductor industry group topped out on June 9th and most of the leading stocks in the sector have been unable to make new highs since that decline. The popular semiconductor trading vehicle know as the VanEck Vectors Semiconductor ETF(NYSEArca:SMH) is actually still trading around the lows from the June 9th trading day. Is this a warning sign of things to come?

In the past, when the semiconductor sector loses its leadership role it is often a warning sign of a correction on the horizon. Traders should note that if the semiconductor stocks fail to make new highs in the next few weeks it could be a negative omen for the technology heavy NASDAQ Composite and NASDAQ 100.

smh%206.27.17.png

Nicholas Santiago

InTheMoneyStocks

Know This Major Trade Level For Kellogg Company (NYSE:K)

Kellogg Company (NYSE:K) manufactures and markets ready-to-eat cereal and convenience foods in the United States and internationally. The share price in Kellogg stock have been steadily declining since July of 2016. At that time, the stock price traded as high as $87.16 a share, today Kellogg stock is trading at $69.98.

Long term traders and investors should now watch the $64.00 level for major chart support. This is a level where the stock price based for over a year before breaking out to new highs in 2015. This chart area should be defended by the institutional crowd when it is retested. It should be noted that Kellogg Company is expected to report earnings on August 3rd, 2017 before the opening bell.

k%206.28.17.png

Nicholas Santiago
InTheMoneyStocks

My Entry Price On AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) Revealed Right Here...

AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) pays a 5% dividend. The stock is a blue chip that will likely be around for decades to come. Based on these factors, investors like myself look to buy AT&T Inc. on any solid pull back, as long as the stock is into major technical chart support. Think about it like this, even if the stock does not move from your entry, you make 5%. Even if it falls 5% you are flat. In addition, you are buying it at a technical level that puts the odds in your favor significantly of major upside. This is how I think. After saying that, AT&T Inc. is approaching very serious technical support. I am a major buyer of the stock when it hits $35.95. I expect as much as a 10% swing trade bounce off that level, perhaps even more. Add in the 5% dividend and I see this as an obvious investment for longer term investors.

T%2006.28.2017.PNG

Gareth Soloway
InTheMoneyStocks

General Electric (NYSE:GE) Still Has more Downside In The Cards

One of the most diversified companies in the world is General Electric Company (NYSE:GE). Recently, the stock price jumped higher after a new CEO was announced, but since that spike in the share price the stock is now starting to retreat lower again. Today, the price of GE stock is trading around $27.00 a share.

Many traders and investors may think the stock is on sale since declining from its recent peak of $29.24 made on June 12, 2017. Unfortunately, this stock has lower to go before finding a solid trade worthy bottom. Traders and investors should now look for the stock to trade down to the $25.90 area. This is a level where the stock broke out of a two year trading base. Very often, These bases will serve as major institutional chart support when retested. This is the reason why the stock charts are more important than the news.

GE%206.29.17.png

Nicholas Santiago
InTheMoneyStocks

Extreme Bullish Price Action On Fitbit Inc (FIT): Here Is The Trade...

Take a look at the stock chart of Fitbit Inc (NYSE:FIT) over the last week. Not only is the stock up off its 52 week lows, there is a bullish pattern formation nearing major breakout. In addition, as the markets are taking a beating today, Fitbit Inc is slightly higher, showing great accumulation. Last quarter, Fitbit Inc reported solid earnings and actually shot sharply higher. However, bearish sentiment and shorts pushed it back down. After tagging the significant even-number $5 in recent weeks, things appear to have changed. The shorts are no longer able to push it down and the bull flag formation over the last few days is nearing blast-off. The key to the breakout is price trading above the daily 50 moving average. Once that happens, it likely squeezes to the daily 200 moving average at $7.95. That means there is a possible profit of 50%. This is a fantastic risk/reward trade setup.

FIT%20bit%2006.29.2017.PNG

Gareth Soloway
InTheMoneyStocks

Energy Stocks Slammed On Oil Drop

This morning, most of the leading energy stocks are falling sharply lower. The catalyst for the decline today in the energy sector is the weak price of crude oil. Today, crude oil is dropping by $1.74 to $45.34 a barrel. This is a decline of about 3.70 percent on the trading session.

Most of the leading integrated energy stocks such as Exxon Mobil Corporation(NYSE:XOM), Chevron Corporation(NYSE:CVX), ConocoPhillips(NYSE:COP), and BP plc (ADR)(NYSE:BP) are coming under severe selling pressure today. All of these daily stock charts look weak and could still have more downside before finding a bottom. Chevron Corporation(NYSE:CVX) looks attractive for a major bounce around the $100.00 level. This area was defended in 2016 and should still be defended again when retested.

CVX%207.5.17.png

Nicholas Santiago
InTheMoneyStocks

Strong Buy On O'Reilly Automotive (ORLY) Off This Chart Support

I grabbed shares of O'Reilly Automotive Inc (NASDAQ:ORLY) today after the stock collapsed 20% on the back of poor same store sales numbers. This drop caused the stock to fall into major technical support at $175.00. In addition, the stock has already been trading sharply lower in 2017, falling from a high of $277.00. This correction, including today has already factored in the fall in store sales and the technical chart level signals the bounce swing trade. I am looking for a bounce back to $205.00 in the coming weeks.

ORLY07.15.2017-1.PNG

Gareth Soloway
InTheMoneyStocks

This Food & Beverage Stock Is Starting To Look Tasty

As you all know, most of the leading food processing stocks have been under severe selling pressure since early June. One company that is now nearing an attractive trade level is Kraft Heinz Co(NASDAQ:KHC). This stock traded as high as $93.88 a share on June 7, 2017, today the stock trades at $82.71.

KHC stock is now approaching a very significant buy level around the $81.00 area. This level is where the stock broke out in May 2016. Very often, the major institutional trading firms will defend stocks at these important levels. This trade level should serve as a major chart support area when retested.

KHC%207.7.17.png

Nicholas Santiago
InTheMoneyStocks

This Stock Is Almost On Sale With A Coupon

Since early June most of the leading food processing stocks have fallen off a cliff. Traders should take note that Smucker JM Co (NYSE:SJM) topped out long before that, peaking in August 2016 at $157.30 a share. Since that pivot top in the stock the shares have tumbled lower by $42.00. Today, SJM stock is trading at $114.95 a share. Many traders may think the stock is now on sale, but that is not the case just yet. There is still lower prices ahead before this stock reaches its institutional buy point.

Traders and investors should watch the $109.00 level for major chart support. This is an area where the stock price should be defended by the institutional traders. In fact, this was a major chart support level in July 2015 and it should be supported again when retested. This area is a support level where I will be looking to buy SJM stock.

SJM%207.10.17.png

Nicholas Santiago
InTheMoneyStocks

Why I Bought 5,000 Shares Of Cara Therapeutics, Inc $CARA

I bought 5,000 shares of Cara Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ:CARA) at $12.32 just minutes ago. The reasoning is mostly technical, as the stock chart is hitting major technical support and is extremely oversold. In addition, at such levels and with promising drug candidates, it becomes a possible buyout target for a big player like Gildead Sciences (GILD) and others. In addition, the company is in the pain relief field. Any drug that is not an opioid can make a company extremely valuable considering the epidemic going on in the United States right now.

Please note, I may sell my Cara Therapeutics, Inc. shares at anytime, depending on market/technical signals. My general upside target is $15.00 near-term.

CARA%2007.10.2017(1).PNG

Gareth Soloway
InTheMoneyStocks

I'm Looking To Add This Food Stock To My Shopping Cart

As you all know, most of the leading food stocks have been under heavy selling pressure as of late. Recently, I have been posting a lot of charts of food and beverage stocks that have been declining into very attractive levels for a long side trade. Now I'm looking at another leading food stock that is nearing a major chart support level. This time I will be waiting for B&G Foods, Inc.(NYSE:BGS) to trade down to the $31.75 level. It should be noted that this chart area was supported in September 2015. In fact, this level was also where a reversal and break-out occurred on the monthly chart. Very often, when major break-out levels are retested it will usually be a major chart support. In my humble opinion, this is where I would expect a major bounce in the shares of BGS stock.

BGS%207.11.17.png

Nicholas Santiago
InTheMoneyStocks

Stalking The Institutional Trade Level

In the trading business there is always something to find, discover and learn. Very often when traders struggle to find an investment they should just simply learn to read the charts. At this time, I'm watching the stock chart of Merck & Co., Inc.(NYSE:MRK) very closely. This stock has been trading around the daily chart 200-day moving average. Should this stock fail to recapture the $64.50 level over the next week or so it will be signaling that another decline is near. Should MRK stock decline then the next major chart support level will be around the $60.90 area. This is where the stock broke out in January 2017. Traders should watch this level closely as it should be defended by the institutional money when it is retested. It is important to note that Merck & Co, Inc.(NYSE:MRK) will report earnings on July 28, 2017 before the opening bell.

MRK%207.17.17.png

Nicholas Santiago
InTheMoneyStocks

Goldman Sachs Group (GS) Has Broken Out And Is Heading To This Price...

Shares of Goldman Sachs Group Inc (NYSE:GS) broke above key resistance and are likely headed to a double top high of $255.00. That would be a 10% upside move, expected in the coming weeks. The reasoning is simple. Interest rates have started to spike higher, good for any bank. In addition, volatility in the stock market is starting to inch back up, another key way Goldman Sachs makes money. Lastly, the chart technical setup is beautifully bullish. Goldman Sachs has broken out above key resistance and is above all three major moving averages on the daily chart (20, 50, 200). This puts it in an exceptionally strong position to roar higher. I am bullish on Goldman Sachs Group.

GS%20chart07.17.2017.PNG

Gareth Soloway
InTheMoneyStocks

Look What This Stock Chart Pattern Is Saying

Chart patterns tell traders and investors a lot about a stock. Depending on the formation of the chart it could be signaling the direction of the money flow into or out of a particular equity. Recently, leading retail coffee company Starbucks Corporation (NASDAQ:SBUX) has been coming under some decent selling pressure. Traders should note that the stock peaked out on June 5th, 2017 at $64.87 a share. Since that high pivot in SBUX stock the shares have declined to $58.17. The current pattern is still signaling weakness as it trades below its 50-day moving average. Traders and investors should now watch the $55.00 area as the next major support level for SBUX stock. This is a chart level where the stock was supported in March 2017. This area will usually be supported by the institutional money once it is retested. Starbucks Corp will report earnings on July 27th, 2017 after the closing bell.

SBUX%207.18.17.png

Nicholas Santiago
InTheMoneyStocks

Transport Sector Dumps, Is This A Warning Sign?

This morning, leading transportation stocks such as CSX Corporation(NASDAQ:CSX) and United Continental Holdings Inc(NYSE:UAL) are declining sharply after reporting earnings. These two transportation giants are putting pressure on the highly followed iShares Dow Jones Transport. Avg. (ETF)(NYSEARCA:IYT) which is trading lower by 1.40 percent today. Many traders and investors will track the transportation sector as a leading indicator for the overall market. At this time, the transport sector is still in an up-trend as it remains above its 50-day moving average on the daily chart. So today's decline is simply nothing more than a pullback at this time. This moving average is very important for the trend and is watched by many institutional traders. A daily chart close below the 50-day moving average could signal trouble for the transportation sector and the overall stock market.

IYT%207.19.17.png

Nicholas Santiago
InTheMoneyStocks