i have a somewhat unique problem:

profitaker66

i am one of the many men of the world that is colorblind. usually not a big deal, but i'm having a hard time finding a free charting service for the forex market that uses candlesticks that are just in good old black n white. anybody know one? thanks pftkr

you could try opening a demo account with cms-forex - they have black and white filled/unfilled candles. (you could open a live account but can't remember if you need to fund it for the account to be opened)

good luck with it

ps....i hav a mac powerbook that i would love to trade on but fxcm is not mac friendly....i guess i can get some virtual pc type software but i don'y know much about it and i know that my processor is too old to support the most recent version, and don't know if they even have one for my processor (500mghtz) . anybody know a mac friendly, colorblind friendly platform??

Capital Spreads and Finspreads have similar spreads on FX and are web based. I can access them both fine from my Linux Box with Flash installed. As MACs are based on Linux I would think a Mac would be able to aswell.

Of course spreadbets are also tax free. You can also still trade off the FXCM free charts.

JonnyT

Sierra Chart lets you choose your colors also. I'm not colorblind, but just prefer b&w anyway..
JO

Im colour blind and using deal4free (as well as MetaStock). I have also found that when its in black and white I make less money than if I switch it to red and green and cant see the difference...far out!

IntelliCharts Desktop from FXTrek allows you to customize candlestick colours. Just right click on the chart go to Color Scheme->Compose and you can customize it anyway you want.

Trader/God