Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cheers leovirgo,

German and Italian gdp figures worse than expected. This coupled with Greece's bailout and Spain's problems = a tough day for the euro

It's likely to touch 1.3592 ( as green dots target on my chart above), that is 1 Day ATR away from yesterday's mean.

Once I asked pro fx trader if he trades EG. He said only when he goes on hols to Europe.:LOL:

what does he trade and why not eg

Sorry Julian, I was away.

That was in Sep last year. I asked him about EG because I traded it a lot in Aug and made regular profit for at least three weeks. Than it went strange and I couldn't make regular profit.
At that time he mentioned about Cable, Yen (I think was against $) and some other pairs.

IMO that is changing all the time and one should try to filter best pairs.
EG has low daily range compared to Cable or EURUSD. Recently I heard about EJ being a nice one for the time being. Best to scan different pairs to see if there are some with nice moves and reasonable daily range (if you are a day trader)

I've been trading Cable day in day out. Last few days were a nightmare - quite choppy.

PS just remembered - he called GJ a nutter train. It must be something about it being unpredictable. IMO it's good to know a pair before you start trading it. They all have their own little peculiarities.

Last edited:
he called GJ a nutter train. It must be something about it being unpredictable.

which pair is predictable then?

Morning all, today is USA & CNY holidays. Happy [Chinese] New Year to all of you!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

USD is softening but sterling is recovering

I'm not trading today, but from charts observing I would expect £ to hit at least 730-740

PS Wow - it's good I'm not trading today. Just remembered - tomorow European meeting (about Greek situation) - yet another day of choppy moves.

Last edited:
euro short again at 3613. my laptop's internet explorer needs a fix, I need to log back in to t2w everytime I close browser. this laptop is +8yr old and I only use it to browse internet.

EU ministers are meeting today but what can we expect from them?

“We did not want to go public today with the measures we are putting in place, because we don’t think it would be wise to discuss publicly the instruments being prepared,” said Jean-Claude Juncker, the Luxembourg Prime Minister.