Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe this afternoon work isnt such a good thing. For sure I would have shorted aussie with John.ive been shorting it all week. hopefully it will pull back for me. Ive also just noticed the eur/jpy retraced right to the line i posted earlier before falling of again. Here I am moaning and Ive just had one of my best days ever. Nice to see others winning as well

hard to post and trade at the moment

Go back to your basics and recheck your methods. Ive seen you call many winners on the trot over a period of days. Just looking at your trades the last few days,youve been going for 5 or 6 pips.That never used to be you did it. What else have you changed. If it was right before it probably is now,its just you thats changed.Form is just temporary. look at me,i had 4 big losers over Mon and Tue. Id even lost all of last weeks profit. Im pleased I didnt change or question my methods and look what happened the last 4 trades of mine,I could have called 3 of them with a 5 pip stop. iI didnt change anything,just stuck to my beliefs.It may also be that you are trading to the thread.I did that and hence I quit for a while.If you know your methods work,its simple,you or the thread are the problem. Hope Im not interfering too much.Good Luck

it's been a decent day. I got jammed up for a while and had to stop posting. I don't like doing that because it eliminates the continuity of my posts on the thread, but as always I have to think of my account (and sanity!) first.

Peter

short eur/gbp at 8675 s/l 14
sold from the top of this line

its come off it several times before,why not again

Attachments

• snapshot-431.png
    snapshot-431.png
    47.7 KB · Views: 103
Go back to your basics and recheck your methods. Ive seen you call many winners on the trot over a period of days. Just looking at your trades the last few days,youve been going for 5 or 6 pips.That never used to be you did it. What else have you changed. If it was right before it probably is now,its just you thats changed.Form is just temporary. look at me,i had 4 big losers over Mon and Tue. Id even lost all of last weeks profit. Im pleased I didnt change or question my methods and look what happened the last 4 trades of mine,I could have called 3 of them with a 5 pip stop. iI didnt change anything,just stuck to my beliefs.It may also be that you are trading to the thread.I did that and hence I quit for a while.If you know your methods work,its simple,you or the thread are the problem. Hope Im not interfering too much.Good Luck

You are right on. Yes, I have been taking smaller profits. A lot of nice trades have reversed on me right before hitting my target. I was trying to at least collect something...and this is wrong. The thread is not the problem, I've done what I had to do (not post) when needed. I've been in this zone before, usually after I take time off, ie, summer. I'll get it all together. I'm up for the week so far but not like I know I can be.

No, you're not interfering. Constructive criticism is always welcome. Learning is always in vogue!

Peter

it's been a decent day. I got jammed up for a while and had to stop posting. I don't like doing that because it eliminates the continuity of my posts on the thread, but as always I have to think of my account (and sanity!) first.

Peter

Great to hear you've turned it around Peter.(y)

Great to hear you've turned it around Peter.(y)

as you said earlier, anyone who thinks it's easy is an idiot. It certainly has been a lot of blood, sweat, and tears :)

Peter

ADDED: Although I don't consider myself an idiot, I do have my moments of stupidity!

Not sure if this really needs saying, but to whoever, it should be noted that everyone works with different holding periods (some very short term), and everyone works with different risk tolerance, etc. etc. Only take set-ups that suit your personal trading style and that you're comfortable with.

as you said earlier, anyone who thinks it's easy is an idiot. It certainly has been a lot of blood, sweat, and tears :)

Peter

ADDED: Although I don't consider myself an idiot, I do have my moments of stupidity!
I expect most traders can relate, unless of course you're Timmay (0 to a mill in under a year) Sykes.... I wonder how his hedge fund is doing these days?

You short now buddy? you *triggered*? Waiting to short Aussie/go long on Swissy..been in Aus since 24th..might end up falling close to break even...:rolleyes: the life (and death) of us swingers eh..? ;)

Not yet. Need to wait for set up.

UJ getting close to BoJ's red alert level again, going to set a few price alerts for tonight..

short eur/gbp at 8675 s/l 14
sold from the top of this line

its come off it several times before,why not again

moved stop to 8695 in case ive oput line in wrong place

what do you think will happen if yen reaches that level.The chart pattern looks like there could be a repeat spike.Will they support it again

They've said that they'll step in again if and when it becomes necessary, which is a little ambiguous, although they've already set a bench mark, very tricky to time it tho' you're likely to suffer some severe adverse slippage if you're late getting in...

They've said that they'll step in again if and when it becomes necessary, which is a little ambiguous, although they've already set a bench mark, very tricky to time it tho' you're likely to suffer some severe adverse slippage if you're late getting in...

with that in mind there cant be many selling them at these level, the risks are far to great.However remeber what goerge soros did to the £

with that in mind there cant be many selling them at these level, the risks are far to great.However remeber what goerge soros did to the £

yeah you don't want to be on the wrong end of Quantum Fund style all out assault and they say that central bank intervention is rarely successful, still could be worth risking a few pips..

the problem is that in order to be successful intervention requires the element of surprise and they've already shown their hand...