Euro/$---GBP/$ Where now?

was that a nasty "stop snatchin" spike just witnessed on CMC????....anyone get clobbered?

See what you mean. Here it is in black and white (or red and white).

Certainly wasn't there on fxcm charts. Anyone get taken out (profit or loss) on this spike?

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 341
Here's fxcm for comparison. I have to say this is the first major discrepancy I've seen between cmc and fxcm on any fx prices.

Attachments

• untitled2.png
    untitled2.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 343
might just be a cynical slant (pardon moi), but they may have had their fair share of "winning punters" jumping on this short today?????........ :devilish: :cool:

ps: apparently a hiccup with data feed, they're re - instating the trades which were popped on that spike!...... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
i see the same happen with cmc on E$ a couple months back, i had no position so couldnt tell you what happend re stops..as buk said. cant imagine they would expect to get away with not re-instating popped orders :|

Hi guys, what a S**t previous week, all forex positions were stopped out early Friday morning, at hefty losses, as support levels were broken and stop losses were triggered. However my books were balanced by taking gains in indices and stocks.

Was out rest of the day on Friday, when I had got back at night I couldn't believe what I was seeing!!! Sterling had a massive move down, horrific stuff.

However small positions have been opened now:

Long June contracts
Euro/$ 12478
£/S 18421

Will be adding to the above positions very soon with larger stakes will keep you all updated.

We still hold our long term views on the dollar saga, most of you may think what madness but the euro/$ will hit 130+ in the short term and sterling will come back to 190.

The euro could definitely move back to 123 region before massive support comes in to head it towards new highs.

The U.S dollar index is currently trading at 8741 this could move higher to 8900 but this gain will be rather short-lived and new lows will be formed.

The Euro and £ moving lower is nothing more than a great buying opportunity.

Please trade with caution, don't get sucked into thinking that this could be a trend reversal.

Technical and fundamentals are still supporting a much weaker dollar-and I believe that’s what’s coming a much WEAKER DOLLAR!

Thanks for listening :rolleyes::cool::rolleyes:

Hi Nickerson, whats your trading views suggesting for the weeks ahead?

How did your previous week go?

No idea, I'm not an economist!

Eur seems to be flagging down well. Could'nt tell you if or when it's going to turn back.

From a technical point of view 1.2330's the make or beak, hey.

ps

Just traded the canadian dollar last week. Went fine. Could be a huge break uo there. Massive H&S

Last edited:
Hi guys, sup nickerson. Just bout to go bed thought id look at the gbp, went short at 1.8545 closed at 1.8507 for a nice 38 points profit before the week has even started. :cheesy:

Gonna be an interesting week. Look forward to trading it. Chat to you soon guys.

euro is the gee gee to be on this morning by the looks of things, nice break of the overnight channel at 7.00 and smooth motion.....2565 & 2615 looks achievable if she doesn't run out of steam.

A breach of 12353 would be crucial, as it could question this correctional pullback. So as long as 12353 remains in tact which no doubt it will, a move towards 130+ is looking good on the cards very soon.

Sterling should follow the euro interms of direction.

So the euro gives most of today’s gains away and now just briefly up. Well this shows a sign of lack in confidence within the euro up trend amongst traders.

Do not panic :rolleyes: , upwards trend intact, 130 on the cards short term.

Buy on dips, as opportunities are great, a move towards 123 shouldn't be ruled out before significant upward moves come into play.

I agree with you user.

Looks like double bottom on gbp, could be opportunity for long.

Thats funny, I agree with you aswell GBP long, double bottom formed.

However something in the back of my head is suggesting a possible brief further decline before new highs are made.

i got out for just 9 point profit. oh well better than nothin! Went in at 1.8643 and out at 1.8651. Hung aroung there for too long and the double bottom suggested a target of 1.8650 anyway.

Hammer,

been reading your forex trades with interest.

Which company do you trade with and what hours can you trade forex with them??

Thanks in advance.

EK1