Euro/$---GBP/$ Where now?

:cheesy: :cheesy: ........yep, have to concede you 'bulls' sent us packing with a bloody nose this afternoon.....but don't count ya chickens just yet.......it aint over till the fat lady sings...... :D

lots of 'homework' this weekend me finks, might have to get me other cap out of the dust bag Monday mornin....... :cool:

What a day!

Buk I'am nor Bull or bear (today i'm just the Cheshire cat licking the cream)

Whichever way the ride goes aslong as i've got a seat in the cart!

What a day!
What a day!

My mood's sorted for the weekend!!!

What a day!

My weekend prediction for '12700' didnt happen this week, I'd like to role over that statement for next week.

Goodluck all.

LOL....good on ya!!.....good calls too!.... :D

only joshin ya, I swing both ways too mate, just had me bear coat on this week, might be time for a lighter jacket....who knows hey?....pistols at the ready & all that!!......... :cheesy:

Cheers mate. Feeling good, lets hope I can sustain this feeling!

:D.....yes you're quite correct Options (he grimaces).....getting plenty of jip from "you know who" as it is with the endless weekday's dawn till dusk.....might have to slip some sleepin powder in her coffee, and nip upstairs to me other "lover"....the one who never answers back & obey's (nearly) everything I type into her...... :cheesy: :LOL:

Go easy on the 1.2700 prediction User. From a technical point of view it's a typical pullback to the neckline on a DT breakdown.

My money would still be on 1.1700 from a longer term perspective.

Does the Euro react to all U.S announcements with the same vigour?Are there any I need to especially look out for?(If I ever trade it again) REVENGE!

Nickerson 334...............

David, you trade CAD don't ya??....someone was askin for info on that pair recently, it's on one of the threads here in the queue!

Hi nickerson,

Maybe I'am getting carried away! But on the other hand I'll support my views with a chart I'll post on tonight.

118 was what I was discussing with you while back if you remeber. It may happen but the overall bull trend is in tact for a tussle with the highs.

I'll post a chart later.

Hows the trading going?

'nefariousbaffler' have you posted the wrong value? '126 by the end of today?'

jonnyy40, It doesn't react to all news US, UK EU or anything!

It reacts to important news most of the time. The best way to place good till cancelled orders is to watch the range of trading pre to the announcement. The tighter the range the easier to trade.

Like anything keep at it and it should pay-of.

So many techniques and strategies but do we have the discipline to abide by them? Usually stick with it and it pays of..... :)

No doubt you're right user. The big picture isn't really my thing so I'll leave it in your capable hands.

Just giving a text book view on DT behaviour, and this is text book so far. The odds of a break of 1.2700 before 1.1700 are against you but I look forward to your rational. I'm Always trying to learn! :D

Doing fine at +155. Long week

Last edited:
Euro chart; showing current moves.....

Attachments

• march euro.png
    march euro.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 258
Nickerson the above chart showing the 'potential big picture' lol

What time frame do you trade?

Shorter term than you. The odds are still against you. I've researched thousands of double tops and it's undeniably a classic pullback to the neckline anticipating the major selloff.

How many of the above specific indicator combo you are outlining have you researched?

The last sentance of your analysis is incorrect. It's hit a line of resistance so is likely to fall. Even if it makes it through here, let's face it, it's an uphill struggle all the way to 1.2900.

What are the chances and why suggest to others that they spend money on it, even if you prove to be right?

Pushing it up through 1.2900 is a game for the banks and the gouvernments. You're pushing against the tide, and unless you've got a few billion dollars to spend, making you the tide, you're gambling.

Of course I very much hope you prove me wrong. I'm not in the trade and I hope you make money! :D

Last edited:
I’m not suggesting to 'spending money on it'. Each opinion is definitely subjective.

You've researched 'double tops' on forex scenarios or are you talking across general markets?

I’m aware of the likelihood that when a double top forms then negative pressure is created and downward action can be seen.

But the Forex unlike any other markets can react vigorously to news, numbers and jawboning etc.

Therefore T.A has shown a double top but for me this is not the top of this trend. (Simply because bearing in mind the fundamentals are suggesting more Dollar pressure).

Double top on FTSE100 is a classic example of meaningless action. If you look at the double top formed in January, I heard and spoke to a hefty load of analyst’s suggesting the end of this Bull Run and breaching 4000, but how are we seeing the FTSE higher today?

I saw that as nothing more then buying opportunity.

A breach below my support line again would then make me think about 118. For the time being taking into account the up action seen today, next weeks overall set-up is bullish.

However different markets, different data, different people, different trends and different perseverance. Each to there own interpretations, as long as we make a few quid then who gives a s**T!!!

:rolleyes: :cheesy: Goodluck mate :cool:

great debate guy's.....by the way, nice graphics & commentary user!!....this is why we trade these instruments :D the opportunities exist for fantastic EACH way movements and there is (imo) no right or wrong answer. We all interpret the 'pairs' differently, according our percieved outlook,time frames,signals/set up's & expectations....who knows where they're going, and to a certain extent, who cares??!!....they're highly liquid, fast moving, unpredictable animals & it's our job to exploit them according to our collective knowledge & experience.

Intraday, position.....it matters not, as long as we benefit financially & proceed with caution (STOPS).....the journey will be as long or as short as WE want it to be!!... :D

keep em comin guy's.....another rollercoater week awaits..........