Dow 2006

TXN
When TI released fourth-quarter earnings, it said first-quarter sales would be $3.11 billion to $3.38 billion, which was below analysts' forecast at the time of $3.46 billion. The company now expects revenue to come in between $3.22 billion and $3.35 billion.
Company shares fell 3 percent, or 97 cents, on the news. Earlier, the stock rose 4 cents to close at $32.33 on the New York Stock Exchange. The stock price has ranged from $22.51 to $34.95 in the past year.

mombasa said:
long from 10,935 based on hourly divergence etc. Will hold overnight.
Sorry Mombasa, really can't spot this one, any chance of a chart?
No need if you're busy, just intrigued by where the positive divergence is; can't spot it on hourly candles/rsi.

Cheers,
Neil

positive divergent bottom from yesterday 5 min candles tho?

Attachments

• 6-MAR-06.jpg
    6-MAR-06.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 199
bansir said:
Sorry Mombasa, really can't spot this one, any chance of a chart?
No need if you're busy, just intrigued by where the positive divergence is; can't spot it on hourly candles/rsi.

Cheers,
Neil

here u go.

Attachments

• dow.JPG
    dow.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 229
More debt regret for stocks
Futures mired in the red a day after rising Treasury yields wallop stocks;
Oil in focus ahead of OPEC meeting.
March 7, 2006: 6:56 AM EST

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) - Rising bond yields, oil concerns and tepid guidance from chipmaker Texas Instruments combined to push stock futures lower early Tuesday. S&P and Nasdaqfutures were in the red in before-hours trading, pointing to a pullback for stocks at the start of trading. A spike in Treasury yields sparked fresh concerns about interest rates, resulting in a day of losses on Wall Street in the previous session. Treasury prices edged lower, pushing the yield on the benchmark 10-year note up to 4.76 percent from 4.75 percent late Monday. Treasury prices and yields move in opposite directions.

Technology stocks are likely to stay in focus after chipmaker Texas Instruments (Research) disappointed investors with a lackluster forecast in its mid-quarter update Monday. Elsewhere, oil prices rose slightly ahead of the OPEC meeting on Wednesday. U.S. crude was up 16 cents to $62.57 a barrel in electronic trading. London Brent crude rose 41 cents to $62.75 a barrel.

Overseas, major markets in Asia and Europe were mostly lower.

In currency trading, the dollar rose against the yen and the euro.

In corporate news, shares of biotech firms Biogen (Research) and Elan (Research) will face the spotlight as an FDA advisory committee convenes to discuss the safety of the multiple sclerosis drug Tysabri. The drug was withdrawn last year after it was linked to a rare brain infection.

Japan's Norinchukin Bank, a central bank for agricultural co-operatives, is considering joining a consortium led by U.S. Cerberus Group to acquire General Motors (Research)' finance arm, GMAC, a source close to the company told Reuters Tuesday. The report said the troubled U.S. automaker has been looking to sell a controlling stake in its finance unit -- General Motors Acceptance Corp. -- to a strategic partner to restore the profitable unit's credit rating to investment-grade status and get access to cheaper financing.

Bansir, i'd be very carefull going long now though. The divergence looks like failing at the mo. I've closed my long until there's a better indication of where this is going.

mombasa said:
Bansir, i'd be very carefull going long now though. The divergence looks like failing at the mo. I've closed my long until there's a better indication of where this is going.
Absolutely Mombasa, the divergence must be taken in context with other information. Thanks for the word of caution though.
I use RSI in conjunction with two moving averages for intraday trading. Usually a max of 3 or 4 trades a day.
No positions held over.
The hourly / weekly charts are used in the usual way to get a feel the overall direction of the market.

All the best,
Neil

Should have hung in there with my long. The divergence did pay off but not as much as i expected. Maybe tomorrow. I'm still looking for the long before I go short with the trend.

mombasa said:
Should have hung in there with my long. The divergence did pay off but not as much as i expected. Maybe tomorrow. I'm still looking for the long before I go short with the trend.

I don't see the longer term trend as a down trend at the moment.

Attachments

• lt.gif
    lt.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 174
Bigbusiness said:
I don't see the longer term trend as a down trend at the moment.
Depends on your time frame, regularly making lower lows for around two weeks, that's the trend I think he's referring to.

mombasa said:

You could try the Nas100 for a long

solentsurfer said:
Depends on your time frame, regularly making lower lows for around two weeks, that's the trend I think he's referring to.

Yes, I can see that but I still don't have a sell signal on my charts yet and don't like going short, other than intra-day, while that up trend is intact. Perhaps I am wrong but if so, I will join the bears later :)

Ok, maybe I should have said medium term trend which is definately down.

Short from 11,000 today.

mombasa said:
Ok, maybe I should have said medium term trend which is definately down.

Short from 11,000 today.
We have already seen new weekly lows this week. As happened last week, there is a high probability in this circumstance that the week will finish below the previous weeks close (11022 last week). IMO, we may see a bounce above that before Friday but shorting around 11,000 seems to be a good call.

In the short term it's nearly all about that black stuff again. With Nigeria and Iran restricting supplies its price will rocket upwards.
Bird Brain is losing the war on terrorism and has put democracy in the Middle East back by decades through his incompetence. Imho he means well but will make a predictable mess of the situation. These factors do influence trading, but more importantly may well be crucial to the survival of the West . There is another major factor on the bigger issue. It is on a knife edge whether the West rejects science for the more comfortable " intelligent creation" philosophy. Should this be the case then we had better get used to being in the camp of the "has beens"
:eek: :eek: .

Closed on the high yesterday so might be a turning point,but maybe a retest down to the 10900/30 if that holds back up for while,bit of a contrarian view.Low 10928 held 2 days running