Diary of a swing spread better

What a goal - looking at the action on this screen, glad I'm relaxing with a glass of Pinot and watchin't footie!!! It's just moved more than ten points in a minute and has been doing that for the first half...
Me off, made 18 today in the morning session, stood aside this evening.

great goal,

hope it doesn't put england on the back foot for the last 20mins as usually happens when we score early,

As for the dow closed about 10 points below my entry so we will c what it does 2mmorow and oooooo sweden just scored :eek:

I think only the bookies are happy tonight. With the way England played, they may not have to pay out a whole lot.

Having said that England will still top the group and have an easier route to the final. And yes, Cole's goal was marvelous. I told my son this afternoon that today was Frank Lampard's birthday and expected him to score. He did not after tens of consecutive shot.

Have a good night mates!

Hung

For a moment there I thought we had Ronnie Biggs on our side tonight, but the Swedes foil the great football robbery. Statistically increases our chances, had we won, that would have been nine straight victories since our loss to Nor'n Ireland nil back in Oct, to go on and win a straight 13 would have meant all sorts of records being broken and it's very rare for sides to win so many on the bounce. So statistically that helps, as well as avoiding Germany in the next round and probably Argentina in the quarters.
Taking on the look of a bull flag on the market.
Speak tomm guys
Chris

Looks as if the downward trend of LSE shares could be ending. There are lots of FTSE100 shares that could be buys, now. Or is it just a support level that could get broken?

Split

Splitlink said:
Looks as if the downward trend of LSE shares could be ending. There are lots of FTSE100 shares that could be buys, now. Or is it just a support level that could get broken?

Split

Its always a support level that COULd be broken Splitlink, but for now the ftse is still in a primary uptrend so no one would hold it against you if you bought on support and at least the stops wouldnt be to far away,

Elefteros said:
Its always a support level that COULd be broken Splitlink, but for now the ftse is still in a primary uptrend so no one would hold it against you if you bought on support and at least the stops wouldnt be to far away,

Not today, though, I don't think. I think I'll hang on to my shorts in the hope they'll fall down :)

Split

Split and Eleft,

From the look of this weekly chart, anything is still possible. The long term trend line was breached but just for one day. I hope we've seen the worst of this correction but the question is if the market's going to be range bound in this holiday season.

Good trading,

Hung

Attachments

• ftse weekly 01.jpg
    ftse weekly 01.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 112
And I'll wait for the price bars to go above the green line to start thinking about holding position overnight. For now, I just day trade whenever I can and whenever I can tell that the market is in a mild time.

Attachments

• ftse daily 02.jpg
    ftse daily 02.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 122
For the DOW, I like the way the bars keep narrowing and the positive divergence on the MACD.

If it can break out of the triangle and hold above 11060 for a little while, we can start thinking about 11250 next.

Attachments

• dow 01.jpg
    dow 01.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 143
The hourly bars are quite narrow as well. If I trade today, I'll watch 11080 and 11255 level carefully.

Attachments

• dow 02 hourly.jpg
    dow 02 hourly.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 144
And there's positive divergence on MACD and at the same time the 30 min trend line on this one min chart has been breached. Let's see if the up trend will continue into today and for how long.

Oops, I did not attach the chart there. Here it is.

Attachments

• dow 03.jpg
    dow 03.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 125
And I still wonder what brought about 50 guests here at one time the other day.

They probably came to read about the two spread betting shops that had been fined by the FSA.

If you guys do your own research and you think other people and myself can benefit from, please post if you could.

Good trading,

Hung

And these are today's pivot points. I have to admit they are something new to me but I hope to be able to use them with confidence soon enough.

Attachments

• pivot points.jpg
    pivot points.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 160
hungvir said:
For the DOW, I like the way the bars keep narrowing and the positive divergence on the MACD.

If it can break out of the triangle and hold above 11060 for a little while, we can start thinking about 11250 next.

mornin' hung

DOW has now had 4 tries at clearing that h&s neckline. If it finally succeeds, all well and good - if not the theoretical minimum downside is to around 10400.

good trading

jon

Attachments

• dow.JPG
    dow.JPG
    32.9 KB · Views: 144
Yes Jon, I've been watching the very same thing. On the traditional measure from an H&S and actually this one looks about as textbook as they come, a successful reversal from 10700 would mean we never saw the full down move based on the height of the pattern which would be around 10450.

Sometimes you can look too closely...for amusement

Attachments

• snapshot-5.png
    snapshot-5.png
    142.3 KB · Views: 139
hungvir said:
And these are today's pivot points. I have to admit they are something new to me but I hope to be able to use them with confidence soon enough.

I just want to make it clear to avoid any confusion further down the road that there are different ways of working out the pivot points, the traditional method does not require the opening price and only produces 5 points, one one you put up is a variation to the original formula. On top of this my pivot points will be slightly different to the standard ones as i use cmcs charts to work them out and i believe they take midnight as the close of day rather then 9pm as the index is tradeble 24 hours. so to show the difference heres my cmc daily pivot points for today.

r2 11089

r1 11038

pp 10978

s1 10927

s2 10867.

happy trading