Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi gle101,

Forums have in the past been used too much for letting off steam. They are supposed to be balanced view on the broker you are using at the time an arena for clients or potential clients to express their views (good or bad) about their broker and other aspects of the markets.

In the past forums, especially in the early days were used as a ranting forum. Also many companies would use forums to promote their companies so the original message gets lost.

I have genuinely tried to answer all questions without promoting CMC Markets. I have genuinely not used this forum as a gimmick or platform to push the company. At times it seems I am and in the early days I was probably too pro CMC Markets but I have learnt from that and I have tried always to get a fair and balanced view. I suppose I will always be bias but I try not to be.

anyway thanks for your postings, enjoy your ABBA cds and hopefully you will be able to become a client soon.

regards Peter

If I ask a question on let say Capitalspreads thread I generally do get some answers. Here not so, but I agree, traders should post their experience when things is going well trading with a SB company (I do that frequently). This is just as important (at least for me) as the complaints we read all the time.

hi gle101,

Forums have in the past been used too much for letting off steam. They are supposed to be balanced view on the broker you are using at the time an arena for clients or potential clients to express their views (good or bad) about their broker and other aspects of the markets.

In the past forums, especially in the early days were used as a ranting forum. Also many companies would use forums to promote their companies so the original message gets lost.

I have genuinely tried to answer all questions without promoting CMC Markets. I have genuinely not used this forum as a gimmick or platform to push the company. At times it seems I am and in the early days I was probably too pro CMC Markets but I have learnt from that and I have tried always to get a fair and balanced view. I suppose I will always be bias but I try not to be.

anyway thanks for your postings, enjoy your ABBA cds and hopefully you will be able to become a client soon.

regards Peter
Ha ha, thanks a lot. Sweden is more than ABBA these days when it comes to the music industry. But I agree ABBA were ahead of their time when it came to studio production excellence.

hi gle101,

Great group, still like hearing some of their records but I am a motown man myself. love all the old motown music, grew up on it. Cannot beat a bit of Marvin Gaye and Four Tops. ooohh so good.

anyway back to business. just watching the news on my ipad, following the markets and reading the news papers. bloody love my ipad...

cheers peter

Ha ha, thanks a lot. Sweden is more than ABBA these days when it comes to the music industry. But I agree ABBA were ahead of their time when it came to studio production excellence.

hi gle101,

Great group, still like hearing some of their records but I am a motown man myself. love all the old motown music, grew up on it. Cannot beat a bit of Marvin Gaye and Four Tops. ooohh so good.

anyway back to business. just watching the news on my ipad, following the markets and reading the news papers. bloody love my ipad...

cheers peter
Yes the old classics still holds, I am myself a country music lover, so we are quite apart from each other, ha ha.

I myself got an Android tablet, not a fancy tablet like ipad, never could stand the Mac operating system.:)

hi gle101,
not big android definitely ipad type of guy. I also have apple mac as my desk top. Only got into apple products once we launched next gen. love them now.
also own a kindle which I do not use a lot but good for reading books especially outside in the sunshine.

cheers pc
Yes the old classics still holds, I am myself a country music lover, so we are quite apart from each other, ha ha.

I myself got an Android tablet, not a fancy tablet like ipad, never could stand the Mac operating system.:)

hi gle101,
not big android definitely ipad type of guy. I also have apple mac as my desk top. Only got into apple products once we launched next gen. love them now.
also own a kindle which I do not use a lot but good for reading books especially outside in the sunshine.

cheers pc
Imagine having a trading setup with Mac products, one would just be ruined, rather spare that money trading with CMC.:) You could be right, being a Dos guy initially, one probably have some preconception about the Apple stuff.

Hi gle101,

Well we have had some responses to live trading, there has not been complete silence. I suppose the easy answer is that our next gen clients are happy. I honestly do not know why they do not post the good news. Maybe the perception of a forum is that you only complain on it (in general). If that is the case then you only have yourselves to blame.

tks pc

I agree we had some reviews here from live clients i wouldn't say it was a complete silence .

But where are the live clients Peter? Not on this forum anyway, they simply will not post. I have been asking a simple question about getting much needed feedback on a highly traded instrument like the Dow (US30). I have been meet by complete silent. With a narrow spread of 0.90 there should be more interest in letting traders know how you guys are executing. Trade2win is an important forum for spread betting (that is why you are here), but it beats me why there is not more interest in contributing their findings about trading with CMC next-gen, and you being here patiently answering almost every question, should also add to the interest in getting traders to post their experience.

Hi gle101

I traded the Dow during the extremely volatile days the other week, instant execution getting in and out of trades, no problem what so ever.

Thank you Mr Big.
and the Dow spreads are fixed as well so did we maintain the 0.9 spreads throughout ?
tks for taking the time to post your views.

regards Peter

Hi gle101

I traded the Dow during the extremely volatile days the other week, instant execution getting in and out of trades, no problem what so ever.

Hi gle101

Thanks a lot, sounds good, this kind of market is really a tough test for any SB. Please continue to post how it goes.

Will do gle101, I have to say, so far I'm really impressed and as I've said before, I actually feel like I can trust CMC. Which in the past is hard to say about a SB company in my opinion!!

Thank you Mr big.
Of course you can trust it. We genuinely try to give you and all of our clients a fair service with fair execution. It is not always easy especially in these volatile markets but the desire is there to deliver a top service. We do not mess around with execution, we pass on all price improvements fully and if the market moves against you then we pass this on as well.

tks for your confidence. any problems let me know.
why dont you come to our next traders club on 23rd September, I will buy you coffee and supply egg sandwich all free.

pc

Will do gle101, I have to say, so far I'm really impressed and as I've said before, I actually feel like I can trust CMC. Which in the past is hard to say about a SB company in my opinion!!

Thank you Mr big.
Of course you can trust it. We genuinely try to give you and all of our clients a fair service with fair execution. It is not always easy especially in these volatile markets but the desire is there to deliver a top service. We do not mess around with execution, we pass on all price improvements fully and if the market moves against you then we pass this on as well.

tks for your confidence. any problems let me know.
why dont you come to our next traders club on 23rd September, I will buy you coffee and supply egg sandwich all free.

pc

HAHA If I wasn't away in sunny Majorca, I would definitely of attended! Well worth the train journey from Yorkshire for a coffee and egg sandwich. :cheesy:

However, if you continue doing these traders clubs, I will be sure to attend one, after all I actually think London is a fantastic city and it would be nice to see whats going on down at CMC!

So count me in for the one after!!

Cheers

Big.

Hi Mr Big,

come down any time you like and we can have a chat and coffee and also to meet the team.

you are welcome any time.

regards Peter

HAHA If I wasn't away in sunny Majorca, I would definitely of attended! Well worth the train journey from Yorkshire for a coffee and egg sandwich. :cheesy:

However, if you continue doing these traders clubs, I will be sure to attend one, after all I actually think London is a fantastic city and it would be nice to see whats going on down at CMC!

So count me in for the one after!!

Cheers

Big.

Thanks, a little bit early yet, but a good start if some more traders would post and confirm. I agree the volatility is incredible, many SB companies is not to happy about that, doesn't hurt CMC next-gen, what do you say Peter?

hi gle101,
no orders are never rejected just some times we do not receive them due to
latency in the internet. if we received an order we execute it.

many thanks for your numerous postings.

regards peter

Hi Peter

So the only reason some orders would be through latency issues? Can you share the CMC IP address so we can ping it to see what the latency reading is then?

Thanks, a little bit early yet, but a good start if some more traders would post and confirm. I agree the volatility is incredible, many SB companies is not to happy about that, doesn't hurt CMC next-gen, what do you say Peter?

Duplicated post, ignore this.

Status
Not open for further replies.