Best Thread CMC Markets owner answers your questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Peter

First of all, thank you for starting such a good thread!

I just have a quick question please; do you intend to offer any kind of fixed odds betting in the near future?

Thank you

Big.

Hi Mr Big,

Thanks for your post.
No plans to offer fixed odds betting.

regards Peter

Hi Peter

First of all, thank you for starting such a good thread!

I just have a quick question please; do you intend to offer any kind of fixed odds betting in the near future?

Thank you

Big.

Thanks Peter

One last question, do you have any objection to clients trading EUR/USD and FTSE 100 for 5pip movements at a time, one or two times a day?

Regards

Big.

Hi Mr. Big,

Of course not and because the whole process is automated we are geared up for high frequency trading. trade away.

Please make sure you understand the risks of trading before you trade.

Good luck with your trading and please feed back to this forum your comments on the live system. Especially during volatile times.

regards Peter

Thanks Peter

One last question, do you have any objection to clients trading EUR/USD and FTSE 100 for 5pip movements at a time, one or two times a day?

Regards

Big.

That's great news, thank you!

I have been trading that way for 10 years, so definitely understand the risks! A couple of blown accounts in the early years taught me many lessons! haha

On that note, I best deposit some funds and get cracking!

I will ensure that I provide feedback to the forum on the live trading platform etc.

Hi Mr. Big
Good luck with your trading and thanks for giving us a try. Any problems let me know either on this forum or via private email. I will be happy to help in any way.

regards Peter

That's great news, thank you!

I have been trading that way for 10 years, so definitely understand the risks! A couple of blown accounts in the early years taught me many lessons! haha

On that note, I best deposit some funds and get cracking!

I will ensure that I provide feedback to the forum on the live trading platform etc.

Are you allowed to disclose how the 0.9 spread initiative has done for business Peter? I'm hearing that trades placed has gone through a boom for the SB firms over the past couple of months, is that more than the seasonal trend, has the doubts versus the euro given the industry a turbo boost? If the USA debt ceiling issues linger we could see massive movements next week..long and short..(not nec. In that order ;)) will be a great test for the platforms; fills, slips, etc...

Good morning black swan,

Thanks for your post and of course I cannot give you sensitive commercial information.
But I can say that volumes have increased since we launched next gen platform and they increased more when we reduced spreads. Also on top of the increases we have seen on the back of next gen and spread cuts volatiliy has driven up turnover. So looking very good but I think next gen and spread cuts is the real driver behind increased volumes.

However, I think the wider issues with spreads are that it is not just about head line spreads but also on the execution. no requotes, automated execution, precision pricing, no dealer intervention. so I think we are doing well not just because our spreads are low but also on the back of the quality of our execution. In effect our clients are dealing with a machine when they place a trade. So far very good for next gen. The investment has been worth it and if you look around non of our major competitors have released a major platform upgrade. There is a lot more to come, both in products and platform upgrades. Ross will get his white back ground charts soon and some nice features for clients to make life just that little bit easier.

Watch this space more to come but business is excellent.
Please make sure you understand all the risk before trading. If you need any advice or support please call our help desk. :D:cheesy::)

many thanks Peter
Are you allowed to disclose how the 0.9 spread initiative has done for business Peter? I'm hearing that trades placed has gone through a boom for the SB firms over the past couple of months, is that more than the seasonal trend, has the doubts versus the euro given the industry a turbo boost? If the USA debt ceiling issues linger we could see massive movements next week..long and short..(not nec. In that order ;)) will be a great test for the platforms; fills, slips, etc...

Ross will get his white back ground charts soon and some nice features for clients to make life just that little bit easier.

Watch this space more to come but business is excellent.
Please make sure you understand all the risk before trading. If you need any advice or support please call our help desk. :D:cheesy::)

many thanks Peter

That's good news, because I'm getting a bit fed up with the executution on a certain other SB's platform recently.

Hi Ross,
welcome back from your two week break although not quite sure it is too week but good to have you back. have missed you.

why don't you be more specific about the present platform you use on this forum and give us more details. afterall in the past posters have freely mentioned other companies on here and I havent said anything. or why not send me a private email would be good to understand more.

thanks peter

That's good news, because I'm getting a bit fed up with the executution on a certain other SB's platform recently.

Hi Ross,
welcome back from your two week break although not quite sure it is too week but good to have you back. have missed you.

why don't you be more specific about the present platform you use on this forum and give us more details. afterall in the past posters have freely mentioned other companies on here and I havent said anything. or why not send me a private email would be good to understand more.

thanks peter

Don't worry, PC, as soon as you have clear charts and no glitches I'll be trying my live account. I use about five different SBs most of the time, mainly Fins, SLM, ETX, and CS recently. They all have plus and minus points (no pun intended).

Hi Ross,
What glitches are you talking about
pc

Don't worry, PC, as soon as you have clear charts and no glitches I'll be trying my live account. I use about five different SBs most of the time, mainly Fins, SLM, ETX, and CS recently. They all have plus and minus points (no pun intended).

I was hoping to switch over to CMC from Capital spreads because of the spreads BUT

Im worried about
Margin holding me back (e.g. £1pp = £160 margin on GBP/USD, which is way too high compared to Capital spreads, who I think is around £60)
Plus if CMC honour stop losses (I used 25pip SL entries, would I suffer from slipage? or execute right on my SL price, of course there is exceptions on data releases time etc)

Thanks
10pips.

Hi Peter,

When are you releasing the new platform and iphone app (for cfd trading) in Norway?

Kind regards,
J. Hansen

Good morning jowhansen,

Many thanks for your posting. Our Oslo office is asking the same question. We are rolling out Next Gen around the world at the moment. Next stop is far east and once that is out of the way then Scandinavia is next. We already have next gen in Germany and U.K. It is difficult to put a time line on it because the techie guys wont give me a date but I would be very disappointed if you were not up and running before Christmas absolute latest.

Many thanks Peter

Hi Peter,

When are you releasing the new platform and iphone app (for cfd trading) in Norway?

Kind regards,
J. Hansen

Hi 10pips,
I guess if you were a client of ours you would change your name to Mr 0.9 pip. :cheesy:

Sure margins are lower with some companies but I am not sure this is always good thing. If you are looking at 60 pip movement on cable on £1 pp with £60 margin then it doesn't leave you a lot of head room. 60 pips is nothing in these volatile markets.

we offer one percent margins on forex. we could go lower and might one day but I think that is pretty competitive.

thanks for your post Mr 0.9 pip.

regards Peter
Please understand the risk of trading, markets can be volatile.
I was hoping to switch over to CMC from Capital spreads because of the spreads BUT

Im worried about
Margin holding me back (e.g. £1pp = £160 margin on GBP/USD, which is way too high compared to Capital spreads, who I think is around £60)
Plus if CMC honour stop losses (I used 25pip SL entries, would I suffer from slipage? or execute right on my SL price, of course there is exceptions on data releases time etc)

Thanks
10pips.

Status
Not open for further replies.