CMC Markets - Next Generation Platform

If only they could quicken up the execution, at the moment there are other SB that gives you a better execution service and that is important for the instruments that I am trading.

Being slightly cynical, I tend to think that the slowness is deliberately included to protect CMC from clients who try to take advantage of narrow spreads.
It's a pity a representative of the company can't come on this thread to give another reason.

Glad to see you're enjoying CMC, I did tell you to look forward to the pretty spinning circle, but I seem to remember you had a go at me for ranting. Will be interesting to see if your 'ranting' gets worse when you go live - good luck.
Well I did accuse you for ranting and so you did for a while. I mean, are we traders or just children playing games? Reporting is a different thing and that is exactly what I am doing. I have a few standpoints but ranting I have never done.

Today the CMC demo account is a lot faster, maybe they have had some technical problems lately that has now been solved. The execution speed is now acceptable, I would say in average within a second and at times immediately. If anybody who is trading live can confirm the same would be great.

Today the CMC demo account is a lot faster, maybe they have had some technical problems lately that has now been solved. The execution speed is now acceptable, I would say in average within a second and at times immediately. If anybody who is trading live can confirm the same would be great.

Bit worrying if they can't even get a demo platform working at a reasonable speed.

Bit worrying if they can't even get a demo platform working at a reasonable speed.
Really I can wait Ross. I remember how it was for Capitalspreads, and they had problems for years. I think we are asking for much too quick. We'll see, I at least will be ready anytime to start trading live with them, as long as they can deliver a quick and dependable execution. I notice that one can now export trades in a CSV file, you remember, I specifically asked for this feature and Peter promised to look into it, and now he have it delivered, quite impressive I must say, at least in my book.

....... I would say in average within a second and at times immediately. If anybody who is trading live can confirm the same would be great.
Can be a bit nerve racking slow at times. I always try to wait for a pause or back tick before clicking. I always seem to get a fair fill.
I never bother to check the fill against the actual price I was seeking, I just trade the arrow on the chart or .........use to.
These days I don't even put up their crap charts, I just put up their deal tickets
and totally trade off another set of charts.
Their price on the EUR/USD rattles around more than the charts I use, but not nearly as bad it does on the Ftse100.

Can be a bit nerve racking slow at times. I always try to wait for a pause or back tick before clicking. I always seem to get a fair fill.
I never bother to check the fill against the actual price I was seeking, I just trade the arrow on the chart or .........use to.
These days I don't even put up their crap charts, I just put up their deal tickets
Their price on the EUR/USD rattles around more than the charts I use, but not nearly as bad it does on the Ftse100.

If you can't use their crap charts, is there any point in trading with them? Surely short-term trading won't work, and if you're trading longer term CMC's (theoreticallly) narrow spreads will hardly make any difference.

Yes the speed of the execution seems to be slower at times. Same here, never use the charts with any SB, no need to, I am more interested in the dealer ticket and the execution. I am quite convinced they will fasten the execution, they have to, because there are quite a few competitors that is narrowing in on the spread, competitors that have got platforms that is much faster. I like the Boundary feature and together with a fast execution could amount to something really good.

I noticed after testing several browsers that Internet Explorer 9 and Opera 11.60 have a much faster execution on CMC next-gen platform compared to using Google Chrome 16.0 and Firefox 9.01 on the same platform.

I noticed after testing several browsers that Internet Explorer 9 and Opera 11.60 have a much faster execution on CMC next-gen platform compared to using Google Chrome 16.0 and Firefox 9.01 on the same platform.

Chrome originally worked reasonably well with Next Gen, but then less well when CMC 'improved' it. Last time I tried it logged out every few minutes. Still, I have every confidence that Next Gen will be completely stable and finished in a year or two.

Chrome originally worked reasonably well with Next Gen, but then less well when CMC 'improved' it. Last time I tried it logged out every few minutes. Still, I have every confidence that Next Gen will be completely stable and finished in a year or two.
I was kind of surprised over the difference between browsers. Very important that one is using the right browser trading with CMC next-gen. Yes it will take time to get the CMC next-gen as functional as traders would like to have it. I agree, gradual improvements will result in a much better platform a year from now.

I was kind of surprised over the difference between browsers. Very important that one is using the right browser trading with CMC next-gen. Yes it will take time to get the CMC next-gen as functional as traders would like to have it. I agree, gradual improvements will result in a much better platform a year from now.

I was sort of joking, gle. How long has Next Gen been around now, and why was it released with so many basic faults? Possibly because CMC had lost a large chunk of business to all the new SBs, had a bad reputation and needed to do something to stop the rot?

I was sort of joking, gle. How long has Next Gen been around now, and why was it released with so many basic faults? Possibly because CMC had lost a large chunk of business to all the new SBs, had a bad reputation and needed to do something to stop the rot?
Well I kind of thought you were. :)
It takes time though to build a platform from scratch and to get everything to work flawlessly. I will look into CMC next-gen from time to time and will probably try them trading with live account in the near future.

Thanks for that I'll give it ago. Haven't used Explorer since...................can't remember.
I have noticed Chrome of late is having trouble with some programs and web sites.

Right I have been away and been concentrating on my trading and no posting on forums and i will say that CMC who used to have the one of the best charting platforms a few years agao (pro real time with custom indicator building function) now have the worse, cheapest looking, unreliable pile of dog crap trading platform I have ever had the experience of trading.

Right I have been away and been concentrating on my trading and no posting on forums and i will say that CMC who used to have the one of the best charting platforms a few years agao (pro real time with custom indicator building function) now have the worse, cheapest looking, unreliable pile of dog crap trading platform I have ever had the experience of trading.

If only that nice Mr Cruddas would come on here again to tell us why Next Gen is actually completely wonderful.

Well that is an important question Ross. Where were those millions spent designing it? I would say it was just a tax write off. In over 6 months trading this platform, the amount of times I got filled at the quoted price I can count on one hand. You get filled at THEIR best price that is working in their favour. At least with requotes you had the chance to refuse the slippage quote, now you're being filled at on average (in my live account experience) 2-7 pips slippage per trade. Around volatile times (which are not always news driven so you can stand aside) prepare to pay CMC up to 40 pips slippage. How do you think old Crudpants is a multimillionaire, doing the lottery?