Charts Only

Yes, i am short on three positions. I took the last position at 20:04. Of course the normal disclaimers apply here, I am not responsible if you suffer a loss. Be sure to take a position according to your trade criteria. But if you do, then I do. LOL

forexkunta,
are you short yet or still waiting ???

I am not responsible if you suffer a loss. Be sure to take a position according to your trade criteria.
:D The only person responsible for any loss or gain is the :whistling joker at this end.
Goodmorning everyone ------hope you all have a ++++ day

Kent,

can you upload the indicator you use for divergence.

Thanks

Standard MACD indicator set to 5,13,1
Nothing special. This one just has the ability to set different colors. Not really needed.
Kent
Kent,

can you upload the indicator you use for divergence.

Thanks

I'm into pretty colours, thats why i bought sniper, just get it from your indicators folder and upload as you would a chart.

thanks

thanks...ohhhh shiny

would take a bit of practice to see it in real time on the shorter tfs but have a look at this example and tell me what you think.

Attachments

• divergence example.gif
    divergence example.gif
    27.9 KB · Views: 178
Very nice example. As you can see, the new high didnt have anywhere near the strength of the previous high. That is a sure sign of a reversal. Just to let you know, the lower low that was stronger was wave 3 and the higher high was wave 5. That is textbook examples of the characteristics of EW waves 3 and 5.

thanks...ohhhh shiny

would take a bit of practice to see it in real time on the shorter tfs but have a look at this example and tell me what you think.

Check this one out in real time. I would say that the correction on E/J is now complete, as it finally came almost to the 61.8% retrace of wave 1. That is very normal, and the divergence is apparent.

Sorry, wrong chart

Attachments

• e_j divergence1.gif
    e_j divergence1.gif
    22.1 KB · Views: 172
Vaco,
I have been looking at EuroYen pretty hard today, as I am up a total of 875 pips across all 4 positions. After careful analysis, it looks like this is a very sizable move, in the fact that it is still early in the 3rd wave with somewhere in the neighborhood of another 1300-1500 pips to go before the total wave 3 is complete. I had to go up to the daily chart to see it. Wave 1 was a total of about 1350 pips down with wave 2 retracing just shy of the 38.2% fib, with at total pip move of 460 pips, that took around 8 days to play out. Following the divergence on the 1H chart should be pretty easy on the exit before wave 4. If I am wrong on the overall wave count, then it will still be a good move with many pips to be had. What is not to like about EUR/JPY?

Kent

Attachments

• e_j daily.gif
    e_j daily.gif
    23.8 KB · Views: 171
it seems i'm easily distracted and have fallen into old habits today, it may just be that i am too tired on mon/tues to make rational decisions as it does seem to be a bit of a pattern that i lose mon/tues then make it back throught the rest of the week.

I may decide the way forward is to only trade on days when i have not worked the night before, less is more and all that.

So no more distractions going forward must get back to doing what works for me.

it seems i'm easily distracted and have fallen into old habits today, it may just be that i am too tired on mon/tues to make rational decisions as it does seem to be a bit of a pattern that i lose mon/tues then make it back throught the rest of the week.

I may decide the way forward is to only trade on days when i have not worked the night before, less is more and all that.

So no more distractions going forward must get back to doing what works for me.

Make sure this journal is not a distraction, and/or the suggestions/alternative methods don't knock you off what was becoming a good course you were steering...

I started this journal in order to stop me taking trades that were not part of the plan, sadly it has not had the desired effect as i'm simply not bothering to post trades that i take that are not part of the plan:rolleyes:

I have therefore decided to keep a trading diary, unlike a log i'm not interested in putting trade details in it. it will be more of a thoughts and feelings + tick off trade entry checklist.

Hopefully this will prevent me from taking any trades that deviate from the plan.

I will therefore no longer be updating this journal trade by trade as it would be to time consuming to try and do both especially when i am half asleep most mornings.:sleep:

Without the live calls the journal will most likely die although if anyone wants to know how i'm getting on with this stratagy just give me a nudge and i'll post a chart.

The damage for feb was not too bad managed to finnish +11% but this is a fall from +30% at its peak which was achieved twice, (a double top if you like:cheesy:)

A big thank you to those that have contributed especially with support on days when i was falling off the discipline wagon, you all know who you are.(y)

Reactions: BSD
entirely understandable, Vince.
you at least had the courage to post real-time trades.
hopefully, a whole lot of pressure will be removed from your shoulders, and you can trade for yourself, rather than for an audience.

perhaps a weekly update, when the pressure is off, might help you review the weeks trades, and your thoughts, without the hassle of explaining your trades while they're live.

(y)(y)

Hi Vaco oh that's really too bad, just found your journal now and then you're ending it, hope you give us some updates from time to time anyway.

Browsed back a bit and saw your equity curve, and hey, what can one say, you've done really really well !!!

76532d1266607608-charts-only-image_xy_pips_equity.php.png

Those results clearly show that your targeted 20% per month is absolutely feasible and you will make that !!!

:)

thanks for the support guys,

BSD,

U should see the equity curve now that i have a few lapses under my belt(n)

As the setups are the same day in and day out no ones really missing anything by me not posting trades and the important thing is that i do what is right for me and my p&l

As Trendie suggested I may still pop in and say 'hay its still working, i'm still at it.'

Anyway what do you think about this chart, looks range bound to me but i'm hoping for a break out:cheesy:

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Vaco/sniper-stops/17445

Hi Vaco, glad to see you back, IMHO you've made the right decision. Fwiw I have kept my own journal of sorts for a while now, I often go over my trades early evening and pick the best, worst or most interesting. I put notes on the chart and send it to my e-mail address. I have in the region of 600+ trades that I've captured/analyzed, fascinating watching development over this period of time.

Many folk start of with v. good intentions with the journals, it's arguably the biggest graveyard of optimism on T2W, I'd never do it, not even in the 'Dante' method. There's enough performance anxiety you can self impose without the distraction.

thanks for the support guys,

As the setups are the same day in and day out no ones really missing anything by me not posting trades and the important thing is that i do what is right for me and my p&l

Anyway what do you think about this chart, looks range bound to me but i'm hoping for a break out:cheesy:

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Vaco/sniper-stops/17445

Hi mate,

yup that's true of course, that's always priority number one, doing what's right for you and your p&l, nothing else comes even close.

And yup, indeed thats a big BREAAKKOUTTTT there on that chart, good stuff !!!!!!!!!!

GOOOOD trading !

:clap::clap::clap: