Best Thread Capital Spreads

a client who buys/sell 20 times a day on a tiny price delay making a pip every single time cannot be 'hedged' and so is a straight loss to a spread betting company. no tears from clients of course but not something that is reasonable in any shape or form for the market maker.

A person that trades 20 times a day is great for your company as they've got to cover spread 20 times in a day. The fact your company's too incompetent to have correct prices is something you should resolve & not something you should punish your clients for.

Reactions: tar
I really don't understand the acceptable level one can trade before they are flagged up.

I understand your point on the latecny and thats fair to a point!

But what else is going to be unacceptable to you SB firm ?

Like I said on my last post is placing 10-15-20 trades per day at £20-£50 per point on each trade and trades lasting 10 minutes to 60 minutes or so going to cause the trader to be flagged and placed on manual even when they might only be trading simple support and resistance bounces on higher time frames, fair game play but punished by the SB firm for a honest strategy ?

Please explain to me like Iam 4 years old. Iam thick!

xeno

you are misunderstanding (willfully i do not know) the point.

your example of the dealer looking at the card first is actually what we are talking about. SB companies have a tiny latency on price (even the biggest) as we must take prices from somewhere put them into our price engines and then bung them out on the web.... ok its getting less and less but it is still there..

the point about latency scalpers is that they ONLY ever trade when they know that the price has already moved in their favor .. ie. they are the ones looking at the cards first !!

a client who places a £50 bet and sits on it for a week making 15k is fine... becus CS can hedge the position or we will have other positions the other way round etc.

a client who buys/sell 20 times a day on a tiny price delay making a pip every single time cannot be 'hedged' and so is a straight loss to a spread betting company. no tears from clients of course but not something that is reasonable in any shape or form for the market maker.

everyone mentions tiny amounts but these numbers can add up to huge totals if we allowed every 'latency' trader free access. I make no apologies for this policy and these types of clients are free to take their business method to a competitor or to a real FX/Futures platform to see how good they really are when they are up against exchange DMA prices (pretty useless is my experience of these people in the main)

Simon
If you deliberate trade on a latency you are in fact too late getting into the trade. High frequency traders in a volatile market might be your headache, not latency traders. I have a very hard time believe such a trader exist.

A person that trades 20 times a day is great for your company as they've got to cover spread 20 times in a day. The fact your company's too incompetent to have correct prices is something you should resolve & not something you should punish your clients for.
To accuse CS for being incompetent is beyond my understanding. In fact they have done very well over the years and also improved their platform and service. Still there are areas to improve and one is getting rid of permanent referral the a dealer.

ross spur

sorry you are quite correct .... total non-auto accounts 'ever' is 0.776pc

simon
So why don't you close these accounts Simon? Would be a much more fair practice as I see it. Or do like this figure to be mobile within your client base?:)

To accuse CS for being incompetent is beyond my understanding. In fact they have done very well over the years and also improved their platform and service. Still there are areas to improve and one is getting rid of permanent referral the a dealer.

:LOL: 776 pages would disagree with you.

:LOL: 776 pages would disagree with you.
Not at all, have a look at the company progress over the years. Also, many of the points on my platform wishing list have been fulfilled. They have lots of options for white label outfits and they have a narrow spread on most instruments. Recently they listen and corrected the spread on the Dow to be in line of their competitors.

But they started up as highly incompetent and were operating under that guise for a long time. People were complaining here on a daily basis and having huge issues with that. A spread betting company should not be so incompetent to set up and take people's money when they're not offering a proper service. It doesn't matter if they're the best now. The fact is: Capital spreads operated for a significant duration of time with major flaws on their platform and screwed over their clients in what is already a tough enough prospect.

But they started up as highly incompetent and were operating under that guise for a long time. People were complaining here on a daily basis and having huge issues with that. A spread betting company should not be so incompetent to set up and take people's money when they're not offering a proper service. It doesn't matter if they're the best now. The fact is: Capital spreads operated for a significant duration of time with major flaws on their platform and screwed over their clients in what is already a tough enough prospect.

Simon from capitalspreads is really going to take a tantrum when he read this :p:p:p:p:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::clap::clap::clap::p:p:p

Having said that I actually like capital spreads/dealingdesk and use them most of the time as well as IG.

You have to expect that a lot of viewpoints if filtering through this thread. They have a lot of clients and Simon is the only one of the more established SB company representatives being present at this board. One have to look at the whole picture, and give them credit when things are really good.

So why don't you close these accounts Simon? Would be a much more fair practice as I see it. Or do like this figure to be mobile within your client base?:)

OHHHOOOO am I going to be arrested by the scalping police ? I took both these trades on Capital Spreads. :p

Mind you it was only £10 a point on both.

35 pips & 48 pips.

Attachments

• ftse100.jpg
    ftse100.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 149
  • ftse2.jpg
    ftse2.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 131
xeno/masq/gle

in the great scheme of things CS has delivered a very good product to a vast number of people. We have never had any "major flaws" as the commentator is well aware. If we had then there would be rather more legacy issues involved. And any failings on our platform has never 'cost our clients money', in general we just sit here and let our clients get on with it.

CS's competancy can be assessed through the requirements at the time and now. Five years ago price visability was nowhere near the level available today so it did not matter that prices might be half a second under the radar (and not only this but spreads defended the providers as well) but now this is not acceptable. In reality over 99pc of our clients can place a bet in over £500k of risk with just a click of the button and no input from CS that is a remarkable offering in anyone's language

Now the market is coalescing towards five or six providers with very tight prices, high liquidity and with fast prices.

simon

ps xeno the nice thing for CS is that there was probably somebody on the other side who lost 36 and 49 pips. remember the 80/20 split

xeno/masq/gle

in the great scheme of things CS has delivered a very good product to a vast number of people. We have never had any "major flaws" as the commentator is well aware. If we had then there would be rather more legacy issues involved. And any failings on our platform has never 'cost our clients money', in general we just sit here and let our clients get on with it.

CS's competancy can be assessed through the requirements at the time and now. Five years ago price visability was nowhere near the level available today so it did not matter that prices might be half a second under the radar (and not only this but spreads defended the providers as well) but now this is not acceptable. In reality over 99pc of our clients can place a bet in over £500k of risk with just a click of the button and no input from CS that is a remarkable offering in anyone's language

Now the market is coalescing towards five or six providers with very tight prices, high liquidity and with fast prices.

simon

ps xeno the nice thing for CS is that there was probably somebody on the other side who lost 36 and 49 pips. remember the 80/20 split

Ah, so you do make your money from losing traders then, and I, innocent dupe, thought it all came from the spread :)

Slightly more seriously, thanks for looking in again Simon, and I hope you have time some time to reply to my points made further up this thread.

ross spur

sorry you are quite correct .... total non-auto accounts 'ever' is 0.776pc

simon

If so, then I find it hard to believe you really need to identify such a tiny proportion and treat them so unfairly. Presumably 80% of this 0.776% is made up of losers, leaving only a handful of clients who may have made a few quid out of CS before they were exposed as cheats and then come on here to moan.:)
Consistently losing scalpers must surely be your favourite type of punter, so I can't see them being put on dealer referral.

ross

maybe i have not explained it correctly.. scalping clients just sit at the screen for hours on end and only ever trade when the price has moved on a live plaform by 2 pips or more in a clip and then they immediately push the trade button. The 0.25/0.5 sec delay on the price is enuf to get a trade on. When the price is just 1 pip wide this means that they are always on a profit before the trade as even been accepted. If a client only did this a couple of times a day we would never see it but... human nature being what it is these 'scalpers' sit there all day and do it 20 or 30 times in a session day after day making them easy to spot. We do not take their winnings away, they can remove these and boast about how they beat the Spread betting company, but from the moment we indentify them we put them to dealer acceptance so that they are having to trade in the same fashion as everyone else (i.e trying to beat the market... not just taking advantage of a platform).

Simon