Best Thread Capital Spreads

Price war? Spreads may have come down, but at least some SB firms have put overnight rolling charges up.

For a quick comparison, what are the charges at Capital Spreads for overnight short GBP/USD, EUR/USD and EUR/CHF, for example, e.g. for £1/pip staked?

Rolling positions over with SB is usually a bad idea, anyway, because strange spikes have a habit of materialising in the long dark night.

Rolling positions over with SB is usually a bad idea, anyway, because strange spikes have a habit of materialising in the long dark night.

Is this a generally held opinion here?

So there are no swing or position traders here who use spread-betting?
I'd find this hard to believe.

Either way, some actual current numbers would be good, if anyone has any.

In my recent (months) experience, the worst spikes have actually been in the daytime.

"For a quick comparison, what are the charges at Capital Spreads for overnight short GBP/USD, EUR/USD and EUR/CHF, for example, e.g. for £1/pip staked? "

Roughly :

GBP/USD - 77p long, 99p short
EUR/USD - 48p long, £1.05 short
EUR/CHF - 55p long, £1.21 short

"For a quick comparison, what are the charges at Capital Spreads for overnight short GBP/USD, EUR/USD and EUR/CHF, for example, e.g. for £1/pip staked? "

Roughly :

GBP/USD - 77p long, 99p short
EUR/USD - 48p long, £1.05 short
EUR/CHF - 55p long, £1.21 short

Thanks Vorbis.

No complains on CS these days (apart from spreads). With the new excellent platform is CS finally getting its act together?

People know this is a BULL S*** thread. They dont want to promote this bucket shop by replying.

Best one so far, I rekon :)
Well, a lot of traders post very good valuable input on this forum. They are a few around that just do not appreciate the fact, that some traders do offer their insight and time by posting on this forum.

No complains on CS these days (apart from spreads). With the new excellent platform is CS finally getting its act together?

New platform but they still keep some traders on manual execution. Look at your statement and if the execution is done by someone other than John (automatic) you are being referred to dealer.

New platform but they still keep some traders on manual execution. Look at your statement and if the execution is done by someone other than John (automatic) you are being referred to dealer.
So, do you get to meet somebody else besides "John"?:)

Last edited:

Interesting. I wonder if it's the same at Tradefair? There, I usually get boring old John, but occasionally I get, ahem, handled, by the much more interesting-sounding "Emanuelle".

Interesting. I wonder if it's the same at Tradefair? There, I usually get boring old John, but occasionally I get, ahem, handled, by the much more interesting-sounding "Emanuelle".
Yes the later sound a lot more pleasant. No really, I haven't had any problem with CS lately. The new platform is great, I only hope they follow it up with a good client policy.