Best Thread Capital Spreads

I reckon they must use a piece of software that f**ks with your cache. :LOL:(y)
:cheesy:

It's actually a software 'patch'. They apply it manually when anybody is making too much cache, too consistently. It's called 'delayed dealer referral' and it works a treat in cutting down a punter's chance of winning to around zero.

The code is very simple: #Market moves against the trader - accept. #Market moves against the dealer - refuse.

I love it when failed traders eventually work out that the only way they can make any real money from a market is to create their own, start or go work for a Spreadbetting company... and cheat.

Long live the 'match your initial deposit' and the 'free money when you open your account' offers. Because, if used correctly, they give us all a chance to find out exactly how long it takes to be put to 'delayed dealer referral' without risking any of our own money.

Gotta say, in 3 years of trading with Capital, I have never had any of the above problems. Maybe thats because I'm not a cheap scalper trying to spreadbet..

This thread seems to have tured into a party for the cry babies. I for one applaud Simon. This is the only place I know where you can put a question to a director/ceo of such a firm and get an honest, human answer. Try talking to the head of CMC, IG or CIty Index about your issues and see if you get a response.!

you make some good points there

ffsear i said pretty much what you said earlier in the thread - credit to Simon to have the balls to come on here and answer questions - like you say (and I did) where are ig etc

ffsear i said pretty much what you said earlier in the thread - credit to Simon to have the balls to come on here and answer questions - like you say (and I did) where are ig etc[/Q

There's a reason IG aren't on here. The same reason i'm not on first name terms with IG's customer services department :rolleyes:

:cheesy:

It's actually a software 'patch'. They apply it manually when anybody is making too much cache, too consistently. It's called 'delayed dealer referral' and it works a treat in cutting down a punter's chance of winning to around zero.

The code is very simple: #Market moves against the trader - accept. #Market moves against the dealer - refuse.

Is this true - any proof?

:eek:

For those of you who have used ( or are using ) both Capital Spreads and IG Index and who think that Capital Spreads are a better SB company, could you please tell me why you think Capital Spreads are better.

For those of you who have used ( or are using ) both Capital Spreads and IG Index and who think that Capital Spreads are a better SB company, could you please tell me why you think Capital Spreads are better.

They all as bad as each other imo - i use cmc mainly and they ok as long as you dont bet too high. CS are ok at least the ceo (Simon) has the time to come here and answer complaints and stuff.

How high can you bet with CMC before you encounter problems Claudia ?

i mainly trade eur/usd, usd/chf, gbp/usd with them at up to £20 a pip no problems. i have read on here that any more they will refer to dealer. Never happened to me so i dont know.

i mainly trade eur/usd, usd/chf, gbp/usd with them at up to £20 a pip no problems. i have read on here that any more they will refer to dealer. Never happened to me so i dont know.

Claudia,
I think you are one of the few people who are lucky with CMC.I trade indices and shares with them and i get referred to dealer all the time even for £1 a point.I donot even call them now as it is of no use.
I do trade more than £20 a point at times and do a lot of trades a day.But these days i am using IG

yacarob1

eerrrr apart from tighter prices and far lower margins you mean? a minority (and i mean tiny minority) get put on dealer acceptance but the vast majority take advantage of the aforementioned

i have stated that in the last couple of weeks we have had platform problems but these are being dealt with.

at which point you will remain with the tight spread and margins (which our clients have benefited from for the last six years!).

how long do you need to pay more for the same product? And, yes, i do realise that some scalpers get put on dealer acceptance. But this is only for people who trade ten/twenty times a day in fast moving markets. Consistently winning 'position takers' are not disadvantaged they just get their positions added to the 'A' book for hedging.

Simon

Claudia,
I think you are one of the few people who are lucky with CMC.I trade indices and shares with them and i get referred to dealer all the time even for £1 a point.I donot even call them now as it is of no use.
I do trade more than £20 a point at times and do a lot of trades a day.But these days i am using IG

have a look at FuturesBetting - Financial Spread Betting Homepage - part of cs group but give direct market access. I got the demo

yacarob1

eerrrr apart from tighter prices and far lower margins you mean? a minority (and i mean tiny minority) get put on dealer acceptance but the vast majority take advantage of the aforementioned

i have stated that in the last couple of weeks we have had platform problems but these are being dealt with.

at which point you will remain with the tight spread and margins (which our clients have benefited from for the last six years!).

how long do you need to pay more for the same product? And, yes, i do realise that some scalpers get put on dealer acceptance. But this is only for people who trade ten/twenty times a day in fast moving markets. Consistently winning 'position takers' are not disadvantaged they just get their positions added to the 'A' book for hedging.

Simon
Simon, there are people out there who trade more than 200x a day! How do you call them?
Obviously they are too smart to spreadbet, as they are their own "dealers".
Some of them are even market makers (the real thing, I mean).
Were it not for them, you probably wouldn't have a business at all.
Why, oh why, don't you put a limit on the times a trader can trade your products a day? It seems to me that "referring to a dealer" is as dirty an act as it can get without actually getting illegal, ie., daylight robbery!
You wouldn't wear a pinstriped suit, hat and shiny black and white shoes, would you? Don't forget the machine gun, Aldo...

Eduardo. (n)

Simon.

What are your dealers actual instructions when they target a trader for 'dealer acceptance'?
Like, say I was a new guy in your firm and during my induction training what would I be instructed to do when a overtrading trader shows up on my screen?

Oh, and can I get a job?:innocent:

Simon.

What are your dealers actual instructions when they target a trader for 'dealer acceptance'?
Like, say I was a new guy in your firm and during my induction training what would I be instructed to do when a overtrading trader shows up on my screen?

Oh, and can I get a job?:innocent:

Yes, it would help prospective customers to know in advance what sort of restrictions are applied and for what reasons, or isn't it as simple as that? No doubt punters who consistently prove to be losers can make as many trades as they want and get instant fills on any size of bet!