Cable ... set to fall?

Roberto

Experienced member
Does the attached chart (cable, daily, since February 2004) mean that there's about to be a dramatic fall?

Attachments

• cable-1day.png
    cable-1day.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 951
Interesting chart. I have been concentrating so much on the plight of the Dollar over the last few months that I had not noticed that Sterling is actually declining against all the other major currencies as well. It seems to be a case of which one will fall quicker and further.

If one were to go by the chart you attached, I would say ......The writing is on the wall.

Roberto said:
Does the attached chart (cable, daily, since February 2004) mean that there's about to be a dramatic fall?
Probably, but I am more comfortable waiting until the price starts to fall than trying to pick a top.

Cheers,

TRADERguy

Hi Roberto,

I'm no FX expert (as you know) - this is how I see it. Looking at the daily chart it looks a tad overbought MACD is beginning to show -ve divergence. We might see some shorter term retracement to the key fib levels: 1.8215; 1.8125; 1.8035.

To me the weekly chart looks bullish from one perspective, with the MA crosses we talked about earlier signalling wk beg 4th Oct and MACD confirming from the 18th Oct. However, a bearish caveat is that we've had two prolonged bounces from the 38% weekly fib (around 1.7800) with lower highs following, to form a descending triangle; fib areas south from 1.7800 are 1.7400 and 1.6950.

Fundamentally, the dollar appears to be in for a prolonged battering, so overall, I'm bullish cable longer term.

Now watch it turn on a dime and smash through 1.7000 ;)

BR

Probably, but I am more comfortable waiting until the price starts to fall than trying to pick a top.

absolutely ;) this line + upper daily Fib is sure a big headline pitch, but if it should pop thru & form a pullback opp, it could gun to next level s&r very quickly, and once (if) it gathers momentum - who knows where it could wiggle to?!......a case of climbing onboard at these wiggles on the shorter term levels & riding it..... :D

often the case when all the 'yappers' are talking an instrument to death ($ must go lower/higher etc...), the reverse occurs & smacks everyone cleanly in the mouth :LOL:

I guess as long as we're alert to the each way kicks, and position ourselves accordingly - both sides of the coin can flip positive!!....I simply prefer (as do most folks I guess) to bound along happily & tag onto it's tail.....if it roars off in one direction - run alongside it (with a couple lots trailing the initial move of the day)........if not - bail & catch it across the road at the other bus stop ;)

that way, I aint gonna get caught in the middle of the road confronting a runaway bus.

Attachments

• nov25.png
    nov25.png
    21 KB · Views: 324
  • nov26.png
    nov26.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 320
Many thanks for all the helpful comments and observations, guys.

ChowClown said:
Fundamentally, the dollar appears to be in for a prolonged battering, so overall, I'm bullish cable longer term.
That's certainly my reading of the situation, which is why the charts surprised me a little. But as LION63 says, Sterling is also a bit battered (so much more convenient than being lightly fried in extra-virgin olive-oil, you understand ...).

If the triangle (pennant on the weekly, really) does break to the upside, target is 2$ to the £ plus, at which point a cheap holiday in California would beckon :)

Looks like it's falling back down for the moment though.

Interesting that the line on Roberto's daily chart is slightly different from mine. Wonder if that's down to our individual 'taste' or is my data provider a bit inaccurate?

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    34.7 KB · Views: 310
  • untitled1.GIF
    untitled1.GIF
    62.3 KB · Views: 356
frugi said:
If the triangle (pennant on the weekly, really) does break to the upside, target is 2$ to the £ plus, at which point a cheap holiday in California would beckon
Hawaii for me, I think ...

frugi said:
Interesting that the line on Roberto's daily chart is slightly different from mine. Wonder if that's down to our individual 'taste' or is my data provider a bit inaccurate?
The explanation is more likely to be my carelessness and tiredness when I "drew" it late last night ... I think it's probably not significant, anyway ...

Monsieur Euro is also a few pips away from heavy double top resistance. One of the pairs may yield a juicy position trade.

Attachments

• untitled.GIF
    untitled.GIF
    76.4 KB · Views: 285
Cheers R. Yay, I'm a veteran! Though I suspect you will overtake me by post 739, based on a crude extrapolation of our relative posting frequencies :)

Hi Gamma,

GammaJammer said:
... the back testing and custom indicator facilities. Are you using any / all of this or just using it as a decent charting package?
Just as a charting package so far. I found eSignal very expensive! I would LOVE to be able to create an Exponential Price Oscillator using the "make your own indicator" toy, but the chances of that ever happening are less than my being the first man on Mars.

GammaJammer said:
Any tips for someone who's discovering just how rusty his programming skills are?
Only to re-assure you that the fact that you had any to go rusty makes you an expert when compared with me. Sorry!