Beginners question on Dow Jones Rolling Daily

trad3x

Hi, Just wanting to clear up something that seems a bit too good to be true..

As the name would imply and based on some play with a demo account, The Dow Jones Rolling Daily doesn't seem to have an expiry date, which means that even if i'm down based on a bet that i've made on the dow going up, i can basically wait it out a few days/weeks until it gets back above base level, correct?

Thanks

Hi, Just wanting to clear up something that seems a bit too good to be true..

As the name would imply and based on some play with a demo account, The Dow Jones Rolling Daily doesn't seem to have an expiry date, which means that even if i'm down based on a bet that i've made on the dow going up, i can basically wait it out a few days/weeks until it gets back above base level, correct?

Thanks

Correct but......... You might want to cut your losses.

Correct but......... You might want to cut your losses.

What with the current volatility of the dow, i've racked up a few grand on the demo with the strategy of waiting for a triple digit crash and getting in before the seemingly inevitable rebound, taking away profits for the next time.

Surely it can't be this easy irl?

Last edited:
If u have to wait weeks like u say in ur first post u r eventually going to take a massive loss. Me thinks

Actually i dont know if I understand, whats the exact ins and outs of ur method do have any stop loss and r u willing to wait for the dow to move so far agianst u hoping for it to move u back into profit?

What with the current volatility of the dow, i've racked up a few grand on the demo with the strategy of waiting for a triple digit crash and getting in before the seemingly inevitable rebound, taking away profits for the next time.

That's not really a strategy.

Surely it can't be this easy irl?

No.