Beat The Broker Compo!

Joey, I think that is an excellent achievment considering you only placed 3 trades and only traded £100 at a time.

As for me, I faded away right at the end. After my system frustrations, I went short £600 Dow and went in the shower. If I walked away at 8.15 I would have had about £225,000 which I see would have won by a country mile.

There's a lesson in there!

Dilesh, do you know what you won yet?

I doubt they would have allowed me to take a prize as I work for another SB.

I'm going to tell my mummy you said that.

P.S. I haven't used the loophole yet, you can only use it around nine o clock. There is your hint ;)

i was tempted to take your advice max out the account at 8:50 and if i wasent in profit to not take the trade of at 9 , but then i didnt :rolleyes: il neva know could have been 1st :eek:

Joey, I think that is an excellent achievment considering you only placed 3 trades and only traded £100 at a time.

As for me, I faded away right at the end. After my system frustrations, I went short £600 Dow and went in the shower. If I walked away at 8.15 I would have had about £225,000 which I see would have won by a country mile.

There's a lesson in there!

Well done Goose on a fantastic performance,

I've had some trouble with the system aswell. My DMA system converts a limit order that's in the money to a market order instantly - not this one. I think the spreads are getting pretty tight though, maybe because of CGT cut to 18%?

Good fun though, and that broker seems very good (I thought they were supposed to be useless!)

Reactions: BSD
i was tempted to take your advice max out the account at 8:50 and if i wasent in profit to not take the trade of at 9 , but then i didnt :rolleyes: il neva know could have been 1st :eek:

shhh I was planning on making a million tomorrow :LOL:

i hope the alcohols not fake :s any more moonshine and i wont be able to make out these gann fans :eek::confused::LOL::p

As from 19 November, competitors will be eligible for a maximum of one 'daily' prize for the remainder of the competition (exclusive of the £20,000 main prize), with the exception being that winning a prize does not preclude winning a superior prize on a subsequent day e.g. if a person wins the 5th place prize on 19 November they would still be eligible to improve this to the 4th, 3rd, 2nd or 1st place prize on a subsequent day but would only receive one prize in total. A competitor could therefore win the 5th place prize on 19 November and the 1st place prize on day 4 but would ultimately only receive the 1st place prize not both the 1st and 5th place prizes. A league table of the prize winners' final totals will be published on the working day following the close of the competition on the ETX Capital website.

HUMBUGS- what about little timmy thats what i say, he was looking forward to two bottles of something from santa !!

As from 19 November, competitors will be eligible for a maximum of one 'daily' prize for the remainder of the competition (exclusive of the £20,000 main prize), with the exception being that winning a prize does not preclude winning a superior prize on a subsequent day e.g. if a person wins the 5th place prize on 19 November they would still be eligible to improve this to the 4th, 3rd, 2nd or 1st place prize on a subsequent day but would only receive one prize in total. A competitor could therefore win the 5th place prize on 19 November and the 1st place prize on day 4 but would ultimately only receive the 1st place prize not both the 1st and 5th place prizes. A league table of the prize winners' final totals will be published on the working day following the close of the competition on the ETX Capital website.

HUMBUGS- what about little timmy thats what i say, he was looking forward to two bottles of something from santa !!

Your just too good son, you'll have to make do with the glory!

dilesh I'm going to kick your **** tomorrow.

Hi Goose,
Well done - fantastic result.
Just had a gander at your goosefile - sorry, I mean profile - and I see you're a systems vendor. Question: did you use your system to trade the comp' today and, if so, can I trial it over the next few days please?
:cheesy:
Tim.

Sorry Tim,
Only just seen this. I'm an indices trader at Spreadex, i don't sell 'systems'

I just used S/R yesterday and the volatility in the afternoon helped. The low on the Dow fut was set around 10 am and I thought it would hold, you often see a turn at midday and then it rallied after PPI figures so that gave me a nice chunk to play with, from there on it was mainly instinct with the odd look at the graph.

Anyway, all pretty meaningless as I was short £600 Dow that i just couldn't close and ultimately that cost me the competition, there's always today though!

Dilesh,

Hi there, I was reading your comments on T2W with regard the prizes, the rule change comes into force today so anyone, which is only you who has already won 2 prizes gets to keep them, so currently you have won champagne and a very decent bottle of cru! If you come first or second in the next 3 days you will forfeit the cru and receive the first or second place prize instead. So in brief the champers is yours and a bottle of wine is the minimum you will also win. So I hope this allays little Timmy’s fears.
Kind regards
Mic

Mic uve made it straight back to 1st place - on my christmas card list anyway, and u should see the smile on little timmys face :D

dilesh I don't think that loophole works unless its specific to the futures as the cash gets rolled and added to your net P&L at the close.

dilesh I don't think that loophole works unless its specific to the futures as the cash gets rolled and added to your net P&L at the close.

yeah i think you have to keep it to a market that closes at 9, i havent had to try it yet but i might need to today :p who am i looking out for TDtommy ?