Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Everyone is quite today ... I took a short this morning off my 5362 level, which I took down to 5331.. Market has dropped further of course.. But I think the key question for me now is where to buy it back.. 5289/ 95 possibly

Breakout zone 5200 and 50 retrace zone 5100.

Attachments

• SP32-20111011-100133.jpg
    SP32-20111011-100133.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 95
I almost missed that one, was focusing on the dbl top on the 5min charts. Then realisd there was a gap to fill and got back in at around the 5363 level

a drop below 5341 would open 263 for the long hold

I expect a late afternoon fall a price below 5323 before US open would negate this

if you haven't heard all of Eurex is down , so that seems to be slowing everything else down

Martin, if I see this , then I look for the candle shape and the preceeding price action, as it can confirm that players are turning around their positions for the anticpated change in direction... you see this in forex a lot!! where they like to give the impression of further upside (for example) to come, when in fact they intend to sell it down from there on.. it also takes out the stops , which is perhaps some of the volume you are seeing.

Just going back over the topping volume discussion from yesterday. Here's a screenshot of what I was saying yesterday. The volume came in at a strong resistance level (5384.5 daily high from 16 Sept). Now some of that volume could have been from a small push higher, but the top was confirmed by the second spike in volume at 15:46. And if it is a genuine double top, the price tends to drop away quicker the second time around.

Attachments

• 10 Oct 2011 topping volume on 1mc.jpg
    10 Oct 2011 topping volume on 1mc.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 130
Just going back over the topping volume discussion from yesterday. Here's a screenshot of what I was saying yesterday. The volume came in at a strong resistance level (5384.5 daily high from 16 Sept). Now some of that volume could have been from a small push higher, but the top was confirmed by the second spike in volume at 15:46. And if it is a genuine double top, the price tends to drop away quicker the second time around.

More like a volume divergence then?
You can use a similar trick on the longer TF charts - look for a hammer candle or equivalent with big volume showing a volume "blow off" to end the current move.

well I was hoping to catch the wee green bus up north today I think it's the number 59 but i don't know if it's running and i don't even have a time table :(

ah the joys

This T2W thread keeps causing problems with my computer. I think it is all the ads on the screen. They keep freezing my computer. Sometimes it locks up completely. It must have something to do with cache or Flash Player or something. Any suggestions anyone?

This T2W thread keeps causing problems with my computer. I think it is all the ads on the screen. They keep freezing my computer. Sometimes it locks up completely. It must have something to do with cache or Flash Player or something. Any suggestions anyone?

Use Firefox and install the add on Flashblock, then you can choose whether to play an advert or not, otherwise it will block it.
What computer fo you have? How much RAM? etc

Price action seems to offer no clues at the moment for me at the moment.. A great deal of algo spoofing.

What make / OS are you using. Are you using Mozilla Firefox. If not try that out as your browser.

Which browser do you use?
If you have an alternate browser try that and see if the problem changes.
Try disabling any add on"s or plugins within the browser.

Disable java script within the browser (should stop the adverts)

I had the same problem (IE8 with ads blocked), CPU continuously running at max, making it unusable. On Google Chrome it's fine.

price action pointing south looks like 381 then down

exited long 5361 no position on FTSE now

I recommend trying Google Chrome as your browser - it's really quick.

We need a place to buy
may I recommend the 089 sir its a superb vintage

now where did I put that flash crash algo thinggy