Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Screenshot_13.png

The upmoves seem to happen on low volume quiet periods..??
Am i right about that.?
The upmoves start when the East coast yanks wake up - like now.
Then some idiots sell during when the markets are officially open and the institutions buy everything into the close.

I been reading Money and Power. Basically anything the banks say you want to be doing the opposite of bit like the old adage do the opposite of retail. But in this market has not worked -its a melt up caused by the FED and is the last innings before taper and rate rise in 22/23. Don't fight the FED

I been reading Money and Power. Basically anything the banks say you want to be doing the opposite of bit like the old adage do the opposite of retail. But in this market has not worked -its a melt up caused by the FED and is the last innings before taper and rate rise in 22/23. Don't fight the FED
Absolutely.
I was saying this to someone a while ago now (we were at about 3k on teh ES and everyone was screaming '4k next!!' and as a result someone was saying to me 'the crowd are always wrong! Everyone thinks up which means we're going down now')

That used to work. The 'crowd' were a great contrarian indicator. But more often than not, it seems the opposite is true nowadays. Everyone on twitter has been right for a long time now! They expect higher, and it goes higher

And as you say, it's likely to do with the Fed. This is a managed market nowadays. I think I read that they've injected more money in the last 5 months than the decade prior!

edit chart:
1618228519180.png

Very glad I gave up on shorts a number of years ago now! Buy dips. Buy breakouts. Expect 50k dow next, then 100k lol (with possible dips along the way)

Last edited:
The upmoves start when the East coast yanks wake up - like now.
Then some idiots sell during when the markets are officially open and the institutions buy everything into the close.
Ok
Upmoves at the open...Then a rethink
Low volume upmoves.Dont think its institutions.....More like "long only" funds like Archegos ramping it up.....Could be wrong

Thinkin there are more like Archegos/Long only,playing the HIGH GROWTH stocks.Low volume...bigger price moves

Last edited: