Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Dick
Are you with IG
May have worked it out.
Back after dinner.

hi bus, i'm with finspreads..capital spreads also showing inside day but with different prices to finspreads ...all a bit strange

capital spreads 24/7 h 5557 l 5443 25/7 h 5523 l 5450

hi bus, i'm with finspreads..capital spreads also showing inside day but with different prices to finspreads ...all a bit strange

I use IG Aus

And they roll all there daily charts midnight in Aus, which is 3pm UK

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    223.4 KB · Views: 120
looks like it's just the spread bettors that have the inside day then?

what this means is that the spread beters did not move the market to the correct lows, meaning buyers were denied to chance to go long. this is thievery

the 5478 was exactly 50% fib many would have had buy orders around that level

what this means is that the spread beters did not move the market to the correct lows, meaning buyers were denied to chance to go long. this is thievery

SD/Dick

I first come accross this with the currency pivot levels being incorrect to the ones I was checking on FXCM.
So they roll the currency at midight in Aus, instead of 5pm New York(7am Sydney)
So it means the all pivot levels are wrong on daily charts and I guess the moving averages are wrong.

US data at 1.30 and 3pm

durable goods, should be bad, and unemployment should be flat to slightly down, do friday lows provide a good long entry recently?

SD/Dick

I first come accross this with the currency pivot levels being incorrect to the ones I was checking on FXCM.
So they roll the currency at midight in Aus, instead of 5pm New York(7am Sydney)
So it means the all pivot levels are wrong on daily charts and I guess the moving averages are wrong.

I am glad to say i am "self directed" pivot creator.

sp levels
Buy 1347.8 = FTSE level = 5545
Sell 1345.4 = FTSE level = 5435

Sorry to have been ignoring you guys lately - needs must v. busy.

On this one, different providers have different ways of arriving at their prices and you can go mad trying to match them up. The worst is the opening. The "official" line on FTSE is that yesterdays close=todays open so there is never an opening gap. Some providers follow that official line whilst others try to bring more reality to the table by using 8:00am first trade as the open, others by 8:00am quote.

Most SBs just open at the level their algos have got them to at the time, then do immediate catch up to actuality (untradeable usually).

All a minefield really.

Sorry to have been ignoring you guys lately - needs must v. busy.

On this one, different providers have different ways of arriving at their prices and you can go mad trying to match them up. The worst is the opening. The "official" line on FTSE is that yesterdays close=todays open so there is never an opening gap. Some providers follow that official line whilst others try to bring more reality to the table by using 8:00am first trade as the open, others by 8:00am quote.

Most SBs just open at the level their algos have got them to at the time, then do immediate catch up to actuality (untradeable usually).

All a minefield really.

morning Barjon, there is a etf with ticker ISF.L ishares ftse100. u can get a sort of open from this. its value is 1/10th of the ftse

ECB President Draghi says the European Central Bank will do WHATEVER NEEDED to preserve the Euro.

either that or you guys were all stopped out with a lower low :LOL:

according to my charts 50% fib was at 5449 the exact bottom yesterday (y)

a great interview with Victor Niederhoffer

Victor: I wrote about this extensively in my first book, �Education of a Speculator�. The dead weight costs of the market are tremendous. In terms of ecology, there�s a huge loss of energy in the market. This loss of energy, in market terms, is commissions, communication costs, salaries, fancy offices, etc.. These things need to be paid for the market to continue. The public pays these costs, the same way the sun provides the energy for the earth .

goodboy_interview