Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

the FTSE not quite giving the desired today tomoorrow it could print a price of 5225 to fulfill pattern and then have 2 good buy moves before monday and more down

for the DOW that needs to get a shift on preference for that is to hit 11142 later today

Come on DC how we doing so far on the cryptic?

looking to go long on DOW and FTSE late tomorrow and early friday

target for DOW 10824 as this may hit on a spike anything under low 10900s will see me exit shorts
after 10824 the target goes to 11898 with time frame of 8 days

close but no cookie yet

what about images posted last weekend?

Yes, these were Lloyd George, Douglas Bader and Liz Taylor.. so I am working on the basis the answer is a sentence made up of the letters from the words PRIME MINISTER, FIGHTER ACE AND ACTRESS............. ???????????? clues?? so far I have FTSE, CASH, PRICE, MATTERS

looking to go long on DOW and FTSE late tomorrow and early friday

target for DOW 10824 as this may hit on a spike anything under low 10900s will see me exit shorts
after 10824 the target goes to 11898 with time frame of 8 days[/Q

I agree on timing, not sure there will be much conviction until USA wake up.. in terms of direction you have made the right calls so far DC ... but I am worried that the 4 hr charts show me we have come down and tested this trend line again (5 times) but the highs are getting lower ... though it is interesting to note that every 4 hr candle that starts at 8am is a large green one.

out of FTSE shorts @135 and watching price here wouldnt want to go lower than 079 really so will short again in the 181 region or wait to go long

It's been a mincy morning just like last month. May not do much until after 9am when the last bit of PMI data is out. Last month it sold off aftert 9:05am, and it too had a big sell off the day prior.

had a few levels marked out but it's ignored them so far:)
might just sit on it for a while see if my old favourite 89 turns up again

had a few levels marked out but it's ignored them so far:)
might just sit on it for a while see if my old favourite 89 turns up again

Dick - I don't think any levels hold when you get such a strong sell off. And I'm not sure you will get many sustained rallies back up either. We've got channels forming on all the major indices at the moment. There should be a breakout to the upside at some moment, but maybe not until the afternoon.

Dick - I don't think any levels hold when you get such a strong sell off. And I'm not sure you will get many sustained rallies back up either. We've got channels forming on all the major indices at the moment. There should be a breakout to the upside at some moment, but maybe not until the afternoon.

think your right martin i just got stopped out :cry:

Not far off the end of this down move. Downward sloping wedge getting tighter. Maybe one bigger last push and then some volume coming in at the bottom. 5043 and 5031 are significant prior swing lows. Then a 38% retrace would see us to 5080, but we may just end up being a one way day, which if the case would see retracements only as high as 5061 currently.

Now "normally" that would be it for a down move. A blow off bottom with some volume. If this don't hold then me may well get some stops triggered. Dax and FTSE futures alread down 4%.

Counter Trend so so so tempting.

As Al Brooks says, don't go counter trend until a break of the trendline and a retest. Lots of people being tempted into countertrend trades this morning. I wonder how many are in profit.

As Al Brooks says, don't go counter trend until a break of the trendline and a retest. Lots of people being tempted into countertrend trades this morning. I wonder how many are in profit.

They must be many sitting on losses.

I don't go counter without a break. Just to hard to call the low.
5035 Held up well.