Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Updated

With regards to your Q - I simply prefer to have a bigger size for shorter moves as it suits the way I cope emotionally. Longer time frames mean less size and more possibilities of self doubt (for me, not everybody). Each to their own of course. Hope this helps?

I relate, but it makes me question why we trade. For me its a vehicle to get to the starting point to fulfill another mission. In which case I need to know whether I can (safely) drive fast enough to arrive at the race in time, or whether I'm better off taking the train! It seems you do very well despite the self doubt - kudos for deploying a method (short term) where this becomes less of a handicap. I suppose it varies by person (personality, genetics/predisposition, dedication/effort, other factors) whether we can influence the emotional factors that go into trading, even with the correct reading a given (which is a hard enough point to reach). Your comment does help, I'm just wary of dedicating too much to building the old Reliant Robin if it means I miss my train. (if I can't scale it, aside from some satisfaction in meeting part of the personal challenge, the trading project is a failure mostly due opportunity cost)

Cheap calls is the order of the day/week ;)

Going for 26400 close tomorrow - with a little help from the non farms which "might" contradict the production/consumer data!

Very nice! And generous of you to share here ahead of time :)

Happy trading.

Last edited by a moderator:
2949 to 2956 has a pivot on Spx cash
Yu need to see if that becomes support. Currently its rez. A tad overbought from NFP.

the pre-open in few hrs will be very telling...look for clues!

Will the players you're viewing be active in the pre-open/weekend futures market? Need to get clues from the right trader group. My call would be that they would only participate overnight on a rise...not gonna say any more here :)

Cheers