Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

A lot of uncertainty still about, I dont think any major moves will happen today but I'm still long Dow. (And yes this is the s&P).
uncert.png

30 x $3.80 = $114

So you need to make 23 pts on YM just to BE for the day. Seriously, PM me if you want to get your fees down - just trying to help :censored:

Hello, may I benefit from your kind offer?

$3.80 is 0.76 of a tick so the effective spread or trading cost on the exchange (YM@CBOT) is 1.76. You're paying 1.6 at IG, yes makes a difference but I think you were hinting at something bigger?

Could it be IG will take e.g. £100pp on 1.6 whereas if you trade 25 YM you'll pay about 2.5 points in spread in these fast conditions unless you use limit order? Or is it something else?

Should add while I'm here - like the logic in your posts, makes sense and set off a few lightbulbs for me.

any buying today?
Not for me (bigger picture) as I would be short under 27030/50. Would need to clear this area, if not its just another sucker upmove (Wed and Thurs afternoon) with the intention to sell back down to 26500/600 area, to then gear up for the next bigger move upside.

Also to add - where would your stop be if you were buying? In relation to your target?

Last edited:
Hello, may I benefit from your kind offer?

$3.80 is 0.76 of a tick so the effective spread or trading cost on the exchange (YM@CBOT) is 1.76. You're paying 1.6 at IG, yes makes a difference but I think you were hinting at something bigger?

Could it be IG will take e.g. £100pp on 1.6 whereas if you trade 25 YM you'll pay about 2.5 points in spread in these fast conditions unless you use limit order? Or is it something else?

Should add while I'm here - like the logic in your posts, makes sense and set off a few lightbulbs for me.

Well you make 2 good points. But let's keep it on a level playing field and use limits as an example, so both parties get the same price.

If I do £16.50 per point (the value of 4 x YM converted to GBP), the total to enter is £26.40 (spread 1.6)

If you do 4 contracts YM the total is $35.2 ($20 for the tickets and $15.20 coms) which is converted to £28.60 So basically a spread of 1.73

So not only is it relevant to the spread which you have noted, but also relevant to the exchange rate. Ie it costs more to trade direct access on a like for like basis. So the only way to level it out is via negotiation.

But even if you can achieve this - you then have to take into account the tax implications of using say (IB, Dorman etc) vs I G .

Wont get into the argument about paying tax via S/B, as its personal.

The fact that the question regarding coms is still unanswered says it all. Ie - you can buy as many contracts as you want on demo :ROFLMAO::unsure:

And your final point - logic is a nice compliment lol!!

Follow the lightbulb, dont let it ever run out !

But weird for Dow to close so down from given the earlier movements.. Not sure what there is some buying yet to come

This thread seems to have lost a lot of posts !
I wonder if there was anything important in any of them ... no, probably not.