Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

excellent stuff

@postman - do you look for similar signs in your trading? TF relevant of course
No, you are on a much shorter timeframe to me, I'm here for 8 hours so I wouldnt look for that quick in and out. I get in when I see the move and wait, sometimes overnight for my exit point.
You probably sleep better than me though! ;)

Do you always trade just after Dow open? Nothing in the morning with Dax or FTSE?
When I did this full time , yes the Dax in the morning and also the EURO as it moved like a B**CH back then lol. Basically anything with a decent spread vs potential movement. I like to join in and have a go at having a little swing now and then, but never with the same leverage as I would with short term trading. To me its all about leveraging your time in the market. Yes its intense, but you dont have to do it forever, then you can move back into part time, if you have other interests in life. Each to their own of course.

I love to short and I get in too early but hey I'm shorting the dow in the next 10 minutes for a good 100+ move!

No, you are on a much shorter timeframe to me, I'm here for 8 hours so I wouldnt look for that quick in and out. I get in when I see the move and wait, sometimes overnight for my exit point.
You probably sleep better than me though! ;)
Ha ha ha ha - Im going to show this to my wife - basically 4 or 5 hours broken every night. Could be insomnia, but I have never been to the docs. Kids have never slept well, and I jump at every sound. (mmmm - maybe I know know why I do short term:rolleyes:). 5 years later still no better. So there is no way I could focus like you guys for that long - I guess you have a routine during the trading day though??

I dont know why but this pattern annoys the sh1t out of me - every day the same thing. It used to be a pennant but now its this overnight price hike, drop on the open and grind higher during the day.ATSOOM.png

Short dow 252 going out now to get some sunshine, willing to take heat on the position.

My strategy is this but because the opportunities come so infrequently I end up deviating. This had an 80% sucess rate a few years ago when i stuck with it. This is despite this trading against the overall all trend

At identified level of rez/ support if price action is such that I get a engulfing candle on the 5min followed by a break of it's high or low, I will take the trade, and as long as that candle is less than 15 pips (which will be my stop).

MACD is to be crossing over and RSI will by 50 or below for a sell signal

This worked well just now on the Dax, engulfing bearish candle closing at 12483. I shorted and just got out

My strategy is this but because the opportunities come so infrequently I end up deviating. This had an 80% sucess rate a few years ago when i stuck with it. This is despite this trading against the overall all trend

At identified level of rez/ support if price action is such that I get a engulfing candle on the 5min followed by a break of it's high or low, I will take the trade, and as long as that candle is less than 15 pips (which will be my stop).

MACD is to be crossing over and RSI will by 50 or below for a sell signal

This worked well just now on the Dax, engulfing bearish candle closing at 12483. I shorted and just got out
Do you think it maybe better to trade into spt/res zones rather than away from them? So what happens is there will be a mini range, and you can get in to your position relevant to your risk, knowing where you are aiming for. Remember if you trade into resistance, there will be plenty of traders waiting there to take a trade - so this is guaranteed liquidity, and ultimately this is what makes the market. Nothing works all the time remember.

But Im not one for indicators - as these are the result of price movement, as a day trader you want to be in before any indicator triggers, and ultimately closing out the the guys/gals using them to enter their position.

All IMHO always.

Do you think it maybe better to trade into spt/res zones rather than away from them? So what happens is there will be a mini range, and you can get in to your position relevant to your risk, knowing where you are aiming for. Remember if you trade into resistance, there will be plenty of traders waiting there to take a trade - so this is guaranteed liquidity, and ultimately this is what makes the market. Nothing works all the time remember.

But Im not one for indicators - as these are the result of price movement, as a day trader you want to be in before any indicator triggers, and ultimately closing out the the guys/gals using them to enter their position.

All IMHO always.

You're absolutely right. The price movement, engulfing candle I guess showing the culmination of move up, exhaustion and then losing the battle is the main signal. The indicators just support the timing for me, I know they're lagging.

Trading into the support and res I guess is for my exit/ target.

I do agree on your point about indicators and that's why over the last couple of years i moved away from the above strategy in the most part but I've had mixed results.

I've had great runs for weeks and then one bad call or because I'm trading while at work and stupidly wide my stops. I give a lot back