Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

they may try another of postman's bear traps again today?

make it look weak, (or allow it to look weak)then run it up again?

Last edited:
For any faster term traders, or any interested, here is the entry and volume signal. Context always in charge though!

In these conditions IMHO you need 5 or 10 sec charts - with a 50 pt range minimum - then get cracking.

Rather than having to sit on pozzies that go 100+ underwater. Get in and get out, rinse and repeat.

These conditions wont be around for ever. Not everyone's cup of tea, granted, but for any traders interested, there are many ways to skin a cat!

For any faster term traders, or any interested, here is the entry and volume signal. Context always in charge though!

In these conditions IMHO you need 5 or 10 sec charts - with a 50 pt range minimum - then get cracking.

Rather than having to sit on pozzies that go 100+ underwater. Get in and get out, rinse and repeat.

These conditions wont be around for ever. Not everyone's cup of tea, granted, but for any traders interested, there are many ways to skin a cat!
Which provider for the faster charts?

Which provider for the faster charts?

Pro realtime via I G - have used then for a while now, very happy with them. Used to use Esignal, but then realised that I got what I (needed) for a fraction of the price (as you don't need to pay anything if you take enough trades per month).

IMHO too many get obsessed with charting packages, rather than learning how to "anticipate" price change (which is what shorter term trading is all about).

No point in getting kitted out in a new Ferrari, if you don't know how to drive ;)

Pro realtime via I G - have used then for a while now, very happy with them. Used to use Esignal, but then realised that I got what I (needed) for a fraction of the price (as you don't need to pay anything if you take enough trades per month).

IMHO too many get obsessed with charting packages, rather than learning how to "anticipate" price change (which is what shorter term trading is all about).

No point in getting kitted out in a new Ferrari, if you don't know how to drive ;)
Do you then use higher leverage...how do you place stops?

7 Hrs straight of unwinding long positions....got a funny feeling this could turn into another Friday rout if the sellers get positioned.

Yes the end of month is known as a 'walk away day' especially before a bank holiday. Traders settle their positions for the end of the month then do nothing. That usually means no more buying and the price drifts lower all day, but this is the dow and Trump could tweet anything at any time, its just too risky.
Postman is right, we're in the lion's den right here and looking at a 3 day with the holiday. Anyone trade today, don't get eaten by the lion

on other hand, 3 more hrs to make $$$$ before they shut us off; do you feel lucky :)

Are these all entry signals? What is the exit signal