Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

that last trump tweet, that was it. it's over. i'm a trader, i know the markey isn't a ponzi, but all my friends do..

this huge drop from here will convince them its all a scheeme ...sad because it's not.

How can you tell there is a bear trap? I mean I do want to learn it. I am watching this thread because it is very active and I want to learn something
On Tuesday the market was showing weakness it opened up 250 points and sold off 300 points. Then on Wednesday it dropped 150 points on the open (at this point some people would have known about the Chinese plan to halt the trade war which is what started this whole thing in the first place).
So people who were long have now had their stops triggered and are flat, and people who were thinking of going short jumped in on the way down. Then the market went up 750 points without a meaningful retrace, so your piphoe, your short and your looking for a pullback to get out of the market with a smaller loss, but the market doesnt give you the chance to exit with a smaller loss, your a bear who's trapped in a market that just keeps going up.
Its the initial 150 point drop on the open then the relentless rise (on no news) that marks it out as a bear trap.

On Tuesday the market was showing weakness it opened up 250 points and sold off 300 points. Then on Wednesday it dropped 150 points on the open (at this point some people would have known about the Chinese plan to halt the trade war which is what started this whole thing in the first place).
So people who were long have now had their stops triggered and are flat, and people who were thinking of going short jumped in on the way down. Then the market went up 750 points without a meaningful retrace, so your piphoe, your short and your looking for a pullback to get out of the market with a smaller loss, but the market doesnt give you the chance to exit with a smaller loss, your a bear who's trapped in a market that just keeps going up.
Its the initial 150 point drop on the open then the relentless rise (on no news) that marks it out as a bear trap.

Thanks for this detailed explanation, I always want to learn more about market maker trick.

Can it be identify earlier?

what will likely happen next? Or what to look for?

Last edited: