Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Nice entry, Postie. If this was a market in which I traded both long and short, i'd join you

Yes well done, thanks for not rubbing it in too much. :)

Sorry, mate.

If it's any consolation, your short was technically good in my mind, and in a non-rigged market, i'd have given it good odds on paying you. On these markets?....not so much!!

So after closing that Dow, i'm just holding that Dax long from around here.
I think seasonally/statistically, a good trade is to short at the close tomorrow and cover it on Monday!
If it gives me a good exit tomorrow i'll take it and then see how that theory plays out, not that i'd put too much faith in a bearish scenario!

Nikkei closes down 78 at 19,905 then the spread bettors move the price 50 points higher within 10 minutes of the close.
Move along nothing to see here. :whistling

In the pre-opening, the European markets negotiated with contained gains. For political and economic reasons, today was the most awaited by investors because of the elections in the UK and the ECB meet, as well as the testimony of the former FBI director fired by President Trump. With regard to the legislative elections in England, it should be remembered that although the legislature should only end in 2020, Prime Minister Theresa May called early elections in order to reinforce her majority in Parliament and, consequently, her internal position in the conduct of the Brexit process. The polls open at 7:00 a.m. and close at 10:00 p.m. Regarding the possible reactions of the market to the outcome of the elections, opinions are divided. A minority victory of Congressmen or an indefinite result would, according to some investors, increase political uncertainty but on the other hand would increase the likelihood of a more conciliatory stance of the UK in the process of leaving the EU, called Soft Brexit. A victory for Theresa May would make the future English politician more crystalline but would reinforce the likelihood of a more intransigent UK position, dubbed Hard Brexit. Concerning the ECB meeting in Tallinn (Estonia), no changes are expected in the current monetary conditions, but there is an expectation of the statements made by Mario Draghi in order to try to gauge the future performance of the ECB. Markets are therefore awaiting news on macroeconomic forecasts. The big question is what will be the rhythm of monetary policy normalization, which will first happen by reducing the asset purchase program and later by the increase of the leading rates.

Never stops!

Attachments

• NeverStops.png
    NeverStops.png
    74.8 KB · Views: 48