Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Dax is playing this game now.
Close 12,052, high just now 12,102 :whistling

Didnt get anywhere near that number after the open, maybe it was just a made up number. Although I guess anyone who was short had their stop taken out just before the open and their position would now be in profit. :eek:

I wonder who made money from that? ;)

my sb company dropped the daily monday future ftse 100 price by 75 points last night when on friday night it was the same price as the year end price the june price and the normal rolling daily price, i couldnt figure out why that had dropped so dramatically but all the others were only showing an 8 point drop, so went long at 3 quid a point , woke up about 3am this morning to find the all the ftse100 prices had re adjusted to b the same and only 5 points down an i was 200 quid in profit, so v nice but not sure why the daily monday price went hey wire last night ?! will b keeping a close eye on this every sunday night from now on lol

Guess we have another kink, or unknown variable, to factor into barjon's seemingly elegant equation on risk. Spreadgambling is what this should be called, with all variables favoring the house over the gambler.

I'm wondering if we'll see a similar play out to the US after those strong CPI and RPI numbers here in the UK???

If Carney starts talking interest rates cable will probably test 1.25s and FTSE may well go up too on hype.

This could be the week of bear blowouts... Just musing with the possibility at the mo., then of course, we have the new moon 28th and vertical descent soon after.

There is some rumour around Brexit too but that'll never happen so scratch that off list of concerns. ;)

If Carney starts talking interest rates cable will probably test 1.25s and FTSE may well go up too on hype. ...

What! The currency will rise AND the FTSE will rise as well, how could that happen? Oh yeah, quite easily. :)

What! The currency will rise AND the FTSE will rise as well, how could that happen? Oh yeah, quite easily. :)

I hear you but anomalies do happen but they'll iron them selves out.

Volumes are falling and during low volumes it's easier to move markets.

We certainly need a pull back but only when bears have been kicked over the White Cliffs of Dover first. :)

I'm wondering if we'll see a similar play out to the US after those strong CPI and RPI numbers here in the UK???

If Carney starts talking interest rates cable will probably test 1.25s and FTSE may well go up too on hype.

This could be the week of bear blowouts... Just musing with the possibility at the mo., then of course, we have the new moon 28th and vertical descent soon after.

There is some rumour around Brexit too but that'll never happen so scratch that off list of concerns. ;)

Your reading too much into the tea leaves.play the charts.

Not just about the charts.

1. Fundamental Analysis FA
2. Technical Analysis TA
3. News

Use all three. (y)

For me it's mainly just 2.
I can't know every fundamental and wouldn't know where to start with it.i take it as 'baked in' (hate those cliches)
And I try to be out around news.

For me it's mainly just 2.
I can't know every fundamental and wouldn't know where to start with it.i take it as 'baked in' (hate those cliches)
And I try to be out around news.

All three have valuable information subject to interpretation, evaluation and use.

Brexit has been a big earner. Buying global companies that generate earnings abroad. That was 1 & 3 'only' - post news and FA. FTSE100 stocks clear winners.

Each to their own. (y)

Dax had a 40 point range yesterday, its 50 today but its still slim pickings for trades.
FTSE 30 point range, pah!

Have the dowboys started a death spiral downwad? lots big red ugly long 15 min bars on my chart ..kickin az takin names:eek:

redistribution?

look @ fri 3/10
look @ mon 3/13
look @ tu 3/14
look @ th 3/16
look @ fri 3/17
look @ today

what do YOU see? i know what i think i see, but what do you see?

all selloffs from open. :|

Last edited:
Theres still money in the up side, its just the big boys unloading size before it gets there.

my mind sees patterns, an innate ability. it's been a curse, and a blessing :innocent: