Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

big swing

take out longs, take out shorts

i'm up coinage, so i can push this out

your millage my vary

long pork bellies
lets roast this one out(real trade that can be backed up with statements just like yours truly)

long pork bellies
lets roast this one out(real trade that can be backed up with statements just like yours truly)

i dont care what trade you place,

i care aout how you macro-view your markets.

so far, you have a D minus

in my eyes

i just treat everything as water dude-is that an A
FLAT PORK BELLIES-HUGE PROFIT-STATEMENT TO FOLLOW WHEN PIPS DOES ..........

First, we have to realize that the western economy is one where the currency, i.e. the monetary system makes the economy, not the other way around as it should be – where the economy makes the monetary system.

We are living in an economy where money has since the banking deregulation in the 1990s absolutely no backing, not gold, not the economic output of a country – nothing but thin air, as money is made by a mouse click on a computer by a private bank. In the US 97% of all money is made by private banks as debt. In Europe it’s not much different.

This system is perfect for speculation. You invent an event – and use that event in the media to justify a fall in the stock market, or in this case a currency.

In the case of the British Pound, it was not even necessary to invent an event – there is BREXIT, and BREXIT will last for a long time, perhaps even more than the statutory limit of 2 years, as everything is negotiable, especially between the UK and the EU.

So, in the case of the drop of the Pound by 6% – of which it recovered at least 5% in less than an hour – has in my opinion nothing to do with the wild guesses of media pundits, of so-called ‘fat fingers’ (mistakes) or ‘liquidity sales’, as someone else puts it.

It is pure and simple speculation. Speculation by banks that use the pretext of BREXIT – and it’s not the last time – to make a quick profit, probably in the hundreds of millions, if not billions – in 15 minutes – why not? The system allows it, so it’s all legal.

I could even imagine – don’t really know, but could imagine – that the Bank of England is behind this massive quick-drop, to make a quick profit – or in other words to recover some of the billions the Bank of England has already and will be putting into the ‘system’ to stabilize the English Pound. – Why not, after all, in the Western monetary system, money is made of thin air, but to maintain a certain balance you recover some of what others have already taken out as speculative profit.

Check out the man! :D

Good stuff J. To be fair tho, all monetary systems can be messed with, inc a gold standard.

First, we have to realize that the western economy is one where the currency, i.e. the monetary system makes the economy, not the other way around as it should be – where the economy makes the monetary system.

...taken out as speculative profit.

It's always nice to credit the guy you copy and paste from, unless its your thesis ;), its just etiquette.

"Peter Koenig: First, we have to realize that the western economy is one where the currency, i.e. the "

http://www.globalresearch.ca/curren...the-british-pound-global-implications/5549885

From Chris Weston another pommy living down under.

US third-quarter earnings playbook: let price be the guide

US stock indices are lacking direction as we head rapidly into the third-quarter earnings season. Company reports could be the driver the market is looking for, but in the meantime here’s the traders' playbook for the coming weeks.

We go into the third-quarter US earnings season with both the US 500 and Wall Street cash about as neutral as you will find. A fresh catalyst is clearly needed and whether this comes from earnings or from some other market event is unclear, but a catalyst is missing and both indices are effectively just moving sideways.

If we focus on the US 500 cash we can see the upside is effectively capped at 2180, while good bids/support has been seen into the 2140 area (highlighted by the blue rectangle). Both the five- and twenty-day moving averages are headed perfectly sideways, while the nine-day relative strength index (RSI) is right on the 50 area. If we focus on market internals we can see 49% of companies are above their 50-day average, while 58% are above their 20-day average. Again, this is about as neutral as one will ever see.
Key trading levels on the US 500

Patience is often required in trading and that’s certainly the case now. Let the market push you into a trade. The playbook, in my opinion, is to go long US 500 on a close through 2180, and short through 2140, adding to short exposure on a close through the September lows and 38.2% retracement of the June to August of 2115.

I always like to start small and when the market proves that my analysis is correct I like to build on that.

Each US earnings season traditionally gets underway when metals company Alcoa reports its results. That may change as Alcoa is splitting itself up and recently lost its blue-chip status. However, the company reports on October 11 and that marks the unofficial start of earnings season. The focus moves immediately on to financials with Citigroup, JP Morgan and Wells Fargo reporting on Friday.

Different numbers have been banded around, but I see consensus earnings falling around 1% year-on-year. Over the next three weeks we get about two-thirds of the S&P 500 weighted by market capitalisation reporting earnings, with a sizeable 30% reporting numbers between 25-27 October alone.

It’s always important when assessing a company’s earnings to focus on the key inputs and how they compare to the prior corresponding period (ie year-on-year, or quarter-on-quarter). One input many companies will talk about is the US dollar and the US dollar basket price is about 2% higher on the year. That’s a headwind, if not a huge one this time. The brent oil global benchmark is close to 10% lower than this time last year, and one suspects we will see strong earnings declines for energy companies. That being said, chief executives in this space should provide some positive rhetoric about the improving landscape for energy production in the US.

Market participants have certainly been warming to US banks of late given the recent move higher in longer maturity US treasury yields. However, we can see that the benchmark US 10-year treasury is about 50 basis points lower than in the third quarter of 2015. One suspects this is priced into valuations, but it should restrict the earnings potential of the banks. See Chris Beauchamp's analysis.
The bar is elevated

We are used to seeing some 70-75% of companies beating consensus expectations, but the bar is now elevated given the S&P 500 trades on a lofty 17.2 times (aggregate) forward earnings. We are going to need see fairly inspiring rhetoric from group CEOs to justify the 7% sales growth the market is expecting into 2017. Capital management continues to be an issue and what will we see in the way of increasing share buybacks or dividend increases? When there is a belief that we could see bond yields rise there is a cost of capital on a relative basis if holding stocks for income.

It’s also important to remember we are in a blackout period in which companies are not allowed to buy back stock in the market. This has been a huge source of support for US indices over the years, so poor earnings numbers could resonate more.

Whether the third-quarter earnings period turns out to be the catalyst the market desperately needs is yet to be seen, but I would be looking at price as a guide and specifically use a daily close through 2180 to increase long exposure and a break through 2140 and subsequently 2116 to build short positions.