Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Why markets are partying while the world burns.

"It's not that investors aren't worried about the global and American implications of Britain unfriending the EU; the initial stock plunge, plus the continued weakness of the pound on global currency exchanges, show they're quite worried indeed.

Instead, that worry has been slowly counterbalanced by optimism for how policymakers will respond to the vote."

"Other government bodies are also raising hopes of new stimulus on the way. Japan's prime minister has ordered a new round of fiscal stimulus in his country, whose currency is also tumbling in exchanges. There's talk that the Bank of Canada may put monetary easing on the table at its next meetings."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...y-markets-are-partying-while-the-world-burns/

Basically this story says people keep buying stocks because they know the Governments will always step in to prop up the markets!

Our policies haven't worked for 7 years (for Japan read 17 years) so were going to carry on doing the same thing!
That is the very definition of madness.

As long as my forecast for S&P 2150 close on Friday night comes off then it hasnt been a completely wasted week.

Short DOW @ 18515 (speculative not system trade) small stakes, if right will add full stakes later

Why markets are partying while the world burns.

"It's not that investors aren't worried about the global and American implications of Britain unfriending the EU; the initial stock plunge, plus the continued weakness of the pound on global currency exchanges, show they're quite worried indeed.

Instead, that worry has been slowly counterbalanced by optimism for how policymakers will respond to the vote."

"Other government bodies are also raising hopes of new stimulus on the way. Japan's prime minister has ordered a new round of fiscal stimulus in his country, whose currency is also tumbling in exchanges. There's talk that the Bank of Canada may put monetary easing on the table at its next meetings."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...y-markets-are-partying-while-the-world-burns/

Basically this story says people keep buying stocks because they know the Governments will always step in to prop up the markets!

Our policies haven't worked for 7 years (for Japan read 17 years) so were going to carry on doing the same thing!
That is the very definition of madness.

There is not a currency in the whole world where bond investors can get a decent interest, so a falling currency, Brexit or whatever, makes them go into stocks. When a few big companies give dividend shocks, or even fail, then that will start a flight from stocks, too.

Until then it's, as someone said, grab the tiger by the tail. I've had six trades on FT today, 5 winners and 1 loser, making 38 points. Holding anything long term worries me too much.

I'm slightly less than 90% confident now.
If s&p breaks 2169 cash I'm quitting for the week.

Dow broke the uptrend!

Attachments

• yb.jpg
    yb.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 52