Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I'm short dow from 18,364 so I'm biased but I cant ignore the continuous higher lows since 6.30 this morning.
Moved my stop down to 356.

I'm short dow from 18,364 so I'm biased but I cant ignore the continuous higher lows since 6.30 this morning.
Moved my stop down to 356.

Thats gone for +8 less overnights.

Might as well just buy the Sep futures and go on holiday. :rolleyes:

See you in October.

US markets extended the recent rise, with the S & P and Dow Jones reaching a new record high during the session. For the rise contributed some positive signs from Europe (including the end of the political stalemate in the English Conservative party) and the electoral victory of Shinzo Abe in Japan, whose promised measures of stimulus have indirect consequences on Wall Street. In addition also had influence the strong recovery of oil and the need for many fund managers follow the rise of the benchmark indices. Against this uncertain scenario, the fund managers had adopted a defensive posture, which will now have to leave if the S & P continue to appreciate in value.

US markets just about to slice through yesterdays All time highs like a knife through butter and they're not even open for business yet. :whistling

FTSE bouncing in wave like motion 6690 - 6700 for past hour and half in holding pattern. TBH anything can happen.... it struggled yesterday to get above 6700 when US markets was going gangbusters. Suspect traders positioning for Thu BOE MPC. I have a feeling a big dump is in order but I could be wrong..... lets see and be ready.

FTSE bouncing in wave like motion 6690 - 6700 for past hour and half in holding pattern. TBH anything can happen.... it struggled yesterday to get above 6700 when US markets was going gangbusters. Suspect traders positioning for Thu BOE MPC. I have a feeling a big dump is in order but I could be wrong..... lets see and be ready.

Agree, my guess is we are heading for a big fall but best guess is we will see 6750 before that ..

US markets just about to slice through yesterdays All time highs like a knife through butter and they're not even open for business yet. :whistling

In a strong market, gapping down then carrying on up shows strong signs of sustainability, but gapping up and carrying on shows signs of topping, due to evidence of what the gap offers in terms of opportunity (in terms of selling/buying).

My post last week was looking for ATH US highs and we got here, but that was not the main point. The key being that traders need to become believers first, before a fall, so the gap up and go gives the market a structure to ultimately achieve a fall. Basically what is happening now needed to happen before a correction can happen.

It wont happen fast now, as believers are a stubborn bunch, it has been hard to change their minds to get to this point, so it will take time for them to give up the ghost.

Rather like the dude who is late to the dance floor - everyone else leaves lol

In general it is easier to time ecstasy (late chasing) and harder to time agony (early dumping)

FTSE broke my "target area" of 6702 and heading off northwards, lets see where there want to take it, chart shows HA/HMA entry point.

Attachments

• FTSE 100 Cash (-).png Wed.png
    FTSE 100 Cash (-).png Wed.png
    21.1 KB · Views: 66
FTSE broke my "target area" of 6702 and heading off northwards, lets see where there want to take it, chart shows HA/HMA entry point.

Nice clean chart - thanks for posting.

Lots of messing in that 6700 area atm - still waiting for a clear run north or south.