Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

From the FT

Older readers may remember the property boom which engulfed Tokyo from about 1986 to 1991. The apocryphal statistic was that land under the Imperial Palace was worth about as much as the state of California.

The bursting of that bubble — as well as one in the stock market fuelled by loose monetary policy, financial speculation, corporate cross-holding and dodgy accounting — was followed by the Japanese economic stagnation that persists to this day.

What many readers may not realise, however, is that housing in parts of London is now more expensive than for Tokyo at the peak of that boom.

Nothing to worry about...

That apple on the head must have hurt

From the Beano.

Why did the Banana go to the doctor.

Because he wasnt peeling very good.

From the FT

Older readers may remember the property boom which engulfed Tokyo from about 1986 to 1991. The apocryphal statistic was that land under the Imperial Palace was worth about as much as the state of California.

The bursting of that bubble — as well as one in the stock market fuelled by loose monetary policy, financial speculation, corporate cross-holding and dodgy accounting — was followed by the Japanese economic stagnation that persists to this day.

What many readers may not realise, however, is that housing in parts of London is now more expensive than for Tokyo at the peak of that boom.

Nothing to worry about...

keep the bubble inflating,

:)

My wife maxed out her credit cards and asked me for some more money. Cheeky me asked her what she wanted it for? (Not something I would recommend).
"I'm going to spend my way out of debt like Janet Yellen" she said! :eek:

I'm not sure who has the lesson to be learnt here :whistling

from the fine website/paper WSJ

LONDON—The U.K. unemployment rate fell more than expected to the lowest level for almost six years in the three months to July, but wage growth remained at record low levels in a sign that many Britons' continue suffer from falling pay in real terms.

The jobless rate for the May to July period was 6.2%, down from 6.4% in the three months to June and the lowest rate since August 2008, the Office for National Statistics said Wednesday. There were 146,000 fewer unemployed people than in the February-to-April period and 468,000 fewer than in the three months to July last year, marking the largest annual drop since 1988, it said.

The narrower but more up-to-date measure of the number of people receiving the main state jobless support payment—called Jobseeker's Allowance—fell 37,200 in August, following a revised 37,400 drop in July, the ONS said.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/u-k-jobless-rate-falls-to-six-year-low-1410945032

may have to hit bottom line from yesterday first

Attachments

• daxy.PNG
    daxy.PNG
    86.7 KB · Views: 82
I dont know when the Dow going to stop going up, but I know where it will be at 6.59pm.