Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

:LOL: add to loser you mean? Yes, I give it one more chance if it goes to another extreme.

Jon, I've got lots and lots of faults but adding to losing trades is not one of them.

Like Rothschild, I get out too soon but, unlike him, it does not seem to make me rich. :)

Last night, after a day in which I only made 16 points I put a short on the Dow at 1844, walked home, turned on the computer to find that I was 6 points up, took my shoes off and found that the profit had slipped and I said "To hell, with it, I'm tired and don't want to lose today's profit", closed at b/e, went for supper, returned for a last look and found that it had dropped at least 35 points.

My wife said, "You've gone quiet, what's wrong!"

Lots of 'emotional' traders on this forum like myself. Closing early seems to be a trend and closing for a loss before stop loss to protect profits is also troubling.

This is all shows poor money management. I'm guilty of it too.

My strategy seems to be working well, but I'm starting to think my money management is more akin to a swing trader applied to a day trading strategy is a disaster waiting to happen.

Cheers... today has been difficult (to my mind at least). Nearly half of my profit today has come from just 2 trades... not nice PA, the order-flow just doesn't feel right, but then what do I know? lol

good effort for a tough morning so far. I am yet to place a trade. :D

To put things in perspective, yesterday I was £89 up, then after 3 botched trades placed on my mobile (DOH!) I was £250 down. Then back at the computer, using strategy to enter and fibs for targets I ended the day £133 up. Very poor trading. Today, I'm 17 points up after one trade just following the strategy, max downside was 15 pips.

less is more!

Ah there goes Daxy.
Just some central 'bankers' propping up the market this morning so it didnt fall too much this afternoon. :rolleyes:

Its just turned 6am in New York. They probably woke up logged in and thought WTF is going on and sold it down to realistic levels. :p

mornin' all

after a weak day vs dow yesterday ftse opened with further weakness and traded even weaker in the first hour. Seems to have recovered its poise now so I'm long/short now 6761 - 16823

off to the dentist soon :cry: so closing this one off early

6761 = 0
16803 = + 20

Last edited:
Daxy up 99 then down 90 in the morning session.
Just another boring day at the office dear. :whistling