Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I see people are losing money going both short AND long on Dax this morning. :eek:
The market makers are really doing their job well today. :(
Who'd do this for a living. :rolleyes:

I see people are losing money going both short AND long on DOW this AFTERNOON :eek:
The market makers are really doing their job well today. :(
Who'd do this for a living. :rolleyes:

Reactions: tar
Just read a thread in trading strategy section, writer was saying that consistency is a way to lose money and in fact you should be following trend every time!

Doesn't that mean be consistent in your trading and only trade with the trend, or is it late in the day and I'm tired and don't see the point :)

Last edited:
I paid some Northern numpty who was short a few bob (aren't they all) to sit and watch the screen all day until the dax fell by more than 2 points and call me immediately.
I just got the call so I'm long Dax at 690 for £500 pp, if it drops another 2 points I'll put some serious money on it.

I paid some Northern numpty who was short a few bob (aren't they all) to sit and watch the screen all day until the dax fell by more than 2 points and call me immediately.
I just got the call so I'm long Dax at 690 for £500 pp, if it drops another 2 points I'll put some serious money on it.

I'm up £3,000 in the time it took to write that last post. The poor Northern lad has passed out, its more money than he's seen in his lifetime. :innocent:

Although Yellen has emphasized the economy isn’t meeting the Fed’s goals, the markets recovered from yesterday's decline.

It's always the same thing, on Fed's days, buy buy buy....

http://silvatradingen.wordpress.com/
"It is not enough to have a good mind. The main thing is to use it well." (Rene Descartes)

Just read a thread in trading strategy section, writer was saying that consistency is a way to lose money and in fact you should be following trend every time!

Doesn't that mean be consistent in your trading and only trade with the trend, or is it late in the day and I'm tired and don't see the point :)

No -you are right. Your view is different from his because you are not a Vendor with something to sell.

think i look at too many markets ...the s&p has support for now just below current levels ..

todays low is now the critical area for the dow 16337 and the nas100 needs to hold 3595 imo ..ftse needs a quick reversal and the dax will probably move up just to be nice on turnaround wednesday :LOL:

i'm still in slight bear mode and a bounce tomor is probable but could be short lived imo

when is a bounce not a bounce ....lost the plot now ha :LOL:

to cut a long story short the s&p should go into serious mega bull mode now if it holds 1883 ...in my opinion this is the MOTHER of all bar none! i know other people on here have it in their analysis but not for the same reason as far as i can see ...all the other indices have also held their equivalent levels and all bounced today....so s&p is the one to watch :)

some cycle people have it turning tomorrow but they have had a bit of a flat tyre lately :)

cash charts

Last edited:
when is a bounce not a bounce ....lost the plot now ha :LOL:

to cut a long story short the s&p should go into serious mega bull mode now if it holds 1883 ...in my opinion this is the MOTHER of all bar none! i know other people on here have it in their analysis but not for the same reason as far as i can see ...all the other indices have also held their equivalent levels and all bounced today....so s&p is the one to watch :)

some cycle people have it turning tomorrow but they have had a bit of a flat tyre lately :)

cash charts

oops i missed the dow it needs to hit 16580

should have gone to spec savers :rolleyes:

Attachments

• fish4.jpeg
    fish4.jpeg
    26.2 KB · Views: 94