Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

sp500a.gif

MC - nice gap close. Also if you are using market profile for the ES, the VAH was 1231.25 and the POC was 1230.25. It bounced off 1230.50 at 16:05.

ps The ESH2 contract is trading at about 7 pts below the S&P cash.

got any stats?
Seems a bit like the FTSE 10am reversal thing but it doesn't always happen.

I'll try and look some up, but it was mostly an observation from me. The 3 pm reversal happens mostly on days when there is data at 3pm, but it doesn't seem to matter what the data was about or how important it was.

Hi fletchie
DJ is correct the FTSE is on a three day so tomorrow we will get sell day

this will most probably come in the form of gap high then pullback to gap fill although partial fill is fine this should take a couple of hours then rally towards end of day with SS then on thursday two targets in play 5585 and 5642

the DOW is on a five day with targets 12280 and 12305 so it is reasonable to expect the dow to bring the ftse back up afterhours on thrsday for a second go friday

and whilst the DOW can produce a new weekly high friday the FTSE should not

a little caveat on the targets with the DOW on a five it is likely that the FTSE may produce a new high target after the DOW hits 12280

Hi fletchie

this will most probably come in the form of gap high then pullback to gap fill although partial fill is fine this should take a couple of hours then rally towards end of day with SS then on thursday two targets in play 5585 and 5642

the DOW is on a five day with targets 12280 and 12305 so it is reasonable to expect the dow to bring the ftse back up afterhours on thrsday for a second go friday

a little caveat on the targets with the DOW on a five it is likely that the FTSE may produce a new high target after the DOW hits 12280

DC.. many thanks..

have started to look at the use of the weekly and monthly's on the Taylor cycle and I am starting to come up with some startling stats that have blown my little mind..

I have started from the low in 2009 and denoted that the first Buy Low Week.. I have then assumed we have std three day cycles i.e Buy Week , Sell Week and SS Week.. however.. you mentioned applying 20 day cycles to denote a month.. so should I be assuming a std 4 day cycle of Buy , Sell, Sell, SS weeks? or is it not really as simple as that?:LOL:

Hi fletchie

DJ and DC

Many thanks for your help.

It is a fantastic help to do the work and then have others to relate it to so I can only state how appreciative I am of your time ( and no doubt many others on here would echo that)

I get confused on the cycles and where we are - as you both state we go from 3 to 4 to 5 day and I reckon it takes a bank of experience to recognise certain things - that can only come with time.

cheers

fletchie

so, we have the doji in place that I referred to earlier
and positioned at the bottom of yesterdays solid body

that is now four days with each showing a lower high
and lower lows from the start

hope you have had some very profitable trading from it

if not already then tomorrow we should see the rollover action
when the mathematicians come out to play
:)

DC.. many thanks..

have started to look at the use of the weekly and monthly's on the Taylor cycle and I am starting to come up with some startling stats that have blown my little mind..

I have started from the low in 2009 and denoted that the first Buy Low Week.. I have then assumed we have std three day cycles i.e Buy Week , Sell Week and SS Week.. however.. you mentioned applying 20 day cycles to denote a month.. so should I be assuming a std 4 day cycle of Buy , Sell, Sell, SS weeks? or is it not really as simple as that?:LOL:

I use standard buy sell SS weeks and look for buy sell sell SS in strong directional trends 2004 5 and 6

DJ and DC

Many thanks for your help.

It is a fantastic help to do the work and then have others to relate it to so I can only state how appreciative I am of your time ( and no doubt many others on here would echo that)

I get confused on the cycles and where we are - as you both state we go from 3 to 4 to 5 day and I reckon it takes a bank of experience to recognise certain things - that can only come with time.

cheers

fletchie

it does take a while when looking for what pattern we are in and what comes next pay particular attention to double hits similar price then trade away these days tend to be start and end of pattern Z days should have one hit in either direction

todays dow prime example of two one hits( 16:09 19:07) and a double at end of day

DJ and DC

fletchie

Certainly would echo that.
A BIG thank you to DC2000, DJ and Martin for all the gems of free information they so willing gave over the past months, I have certainly benefited from it and feel guilty that there is not much I can offer in return. Yes it is highly appreciated.

I try to understand the Taylor Technique but maybe I am too old plus have a serious shortage of brain cells to fully comprehend.

As the school report said many many years ago " must try harder to reach the required standard".

Certainly would echo that.
A BIG thank you to DC2000, DJ and Martin for all the gems of free information they so willing gave over the past months, I have certainly benefited from it and feel guilty that there is not much I can offer in return. Yes it is highly appreciated.

I try to understand the Taylor Technique but maybe I am too old plus have a serious shortage of brain cells to fully comprehend.

As the school report said many many years ago " must try harder to reach the required standard".

You are very welcome... And I am no spring chicken either, but if you persevere with this it is certainly worth the effort.... Even if you only focus on finding the buy day lows... Or highs ... Then you can make money from this. At the very least what it does it gets you in the mindset of how your market really works.

Hi fletchie

well we got a gap.. but a gap low !!

You are very welcome... And I am no spring chicken either, but if you persevere with this it is certainly worth the effort.... Even if you only focus on finding the buy day lows... Or highs ... Then you can make money from this. At the very least what it does it gets you in the mindset of how your market really works.

You, poor, decrepit, old gents!:clap: Wait til you get to 80 which, for me is 4 months away!

You, poor, decrepit, old gents!:clap: Wait til you get to 80 which, for me is 4 months away!

Advanced birthday greetings Spitlink,

I am a decade away, but at the rate I am aging I can only dream of making 80.
( I also think scalping accelerates the aging process).

I dont know where you guys get your data feed from but no gap here

I wonder if many of the gaps you see are functions of your data feed rather than functions
of the market

It might explain why quite so many of them do not appear to fill

anyway, its all very odd

I have been scouring the LIFFE website to try and find the option tables that tell you where the put and call contracts are by volume and open interest.. I was able to find it last futures rollover and it was very useful in identifying where the market makers would want to see the ftse to maximise their take.. I can't find it this month .. has anyone else being able to find this? if so, could you send the link.:sneaky:

I wonder if many of the gaps you see are functions of your data feed rather than functions
of the market

anyway, its all very odd

Morning MC, are you saying there was no gap on the cash or futures?

of the market

anyway, its all very odd

Hi MC.. it is odd and something I get confused about.. for instance cash and futures are very much price for price at the moment i.e no real difference between them.. cash yesterday closed at 5490 and opened today at 5490 (using my e-signal daily charts.. however ftse futures at 8am was at an open of 5451.5 the cash quickly dropped to this number... in my view, isnt that a gap?