Dom today

Headed higher

DAX 30
FTSE 100
S&P 500
BRITISH POUND/US DOLLAR
EURO/US DOLLAR
GOLD

Judging by the state of the charts, I’d say the rally in equities that began in early February was still only in its middle stages. Daily momentum readings have not yet reached stretched levels, which leaves plenty of room for the upside to continue. In an odd reversal of fortunes, the FTSE still has a better looking technical set-up for now than either the DAX or the S&P. The real star of the show, though, is gold. I fancy the yellow metal’s run upwards to keep going, despite my bigger-picture concerns surrounding the withdrawal of Quantitative Easing in the US.

The DAX is pushing up against the top of its recent range once more. My call remains that breakout is likely coming. The highs at 9794 are my target.

DAY: Stay long or buy a further bounce off the rising 55-hourly EMA.

POSITION: Stay long or buy a further bounce off the rising 55-hourly EMA.

FTSE 100

The FTSE’s latest pullback is yet another mild affair. This says to me the larger uptrend is still in force. The index has already made it to my target at 6822, and I am now eyeing up a move to 6875.

DAY: I’d buy another bounce from here.

POSITION: Stay long or buy a further bounce from here.

S&P 500

The S&P is essentially going sideways right now. This is consolidation ahead of a break to and through 1851, as I see it. That it has not pulled back harder ahead of this key level is bullish, as far as I am concerned.

DAY: I’d buy a rally from the 55-tenminute EMA

POSITION: I’d stay long or I’d buy a rally from the 55-tenminute EMA

BRITISH POUND/US DOLLAR

GBPUSD’s ongoing slide has taken it to its 55-fourhourly, the key line I use for defining the intraday trend. While the decline has been longlasting, it has been a fairly gentle affair. I therefore expect gains back to the highs at $1.6823, and then more.

DAY: I’m happy buying a rally from here.

POSITION: Nothing for now.

EURO/US DOLLAR

Friday: “That said, I still see the current period of sideways action giving way to a burst up towards $1.3751 and beyond.” The move I forecast is coming to pass, and there is plenty of room for further upside here, going by the unstretched state of the fourhourly chart.

DAY: Stay long or buy bounces off the rising 21-hourly EMA.

POSITION: Nothing for now.

GOLD

Friday: “I am looking for $1329.22.” The yellow metal has surged to and through my target in some style. With the fourhourly RSI not even in overbought territory, there is scope for this upside to continue.

DAY: Stay long or buy another rally off the 21-hourly EMA.

POSITION: None.

Last edited:
Having big problems posting - no gap trade today Dog goes hungry.
I say markets on hold for a few days then up.

Having big problems posting - no gap trade today Dog goes hungry.
I say markets on hold for a few days then up.