Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

I pmed Tim after his post on $tick on Friday and he was good enough to send me his setups on stockcharts and lots of links, very useful indeed. He also sent a Heiken Ashi chart which he favors and I used it today in confluence with PA to catch that move.

thats cool,

ftse futures march, 3000 lots crossed at 6700 (6754 cash)

I here there's a 'picnic' being organised, its 'down in the woods', although some people say 'todays the day' I think it later. Better wear a 'disguise' as you never know who or what will be there... :LOL:

anyone bearish FTSE100 should check out HSBA 3 month chart.

Hi SD

HSBC alone cannot guarantee anything.... there are several cycle runs simultaneously in the market, while economy may be booming, there may be short term fluctuation... or any underlying issue can put fire temporarily....

Looking into HSBC Chart, it does not look different from any other good chart or even indices... which is consolidation .....:rolleyes:

Attachments

• HSBC.jpg
    HSBC.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Hi SD

HSBC alone cannot guarantee anything.... there are several cycle runs simultaneously in the market, while economy may be booming, there may be short term fluctuation... or any underlying issue can put fire temporarily....

Looking into HSBC Chart, it does not look different from any other good chart or even indices... which is consolidation .....:rolleyes:

ok, we crossed 30day ma with very strong volume and also 8ma above 30ma, us financial etf xlf very strong also

(Reuters) - Deutsche Bank and Barclays led a rally by European bank stocks on Monday to their highest level for almost three years after regulators watered down new rules on leverage that aim to rein in risky balance sheets.

Last edited:
ok, we crossed 30day ma with very strong volume and also 8ma above 30ma, us financial etf xlf very strong also

(Reuters) - Deutsche Bank and Barclays led a rally by European bank stocks on Monday to their highest level for almost three years after regulators watered down new rules on leverage that aim to rein in risky balance sheets.

I see a bigger picture; the crisis started in 2007/2008 was financial crisis. The debt problem is still not solved. Govt. across the globe still trying to figure out the best possible regulation tips.

On top of that Governments themselves are struggling on fiscal deficit and debt issue. So game has not finished yet.

Moreover, China, UK and US still have housing market bubble.

All these setup will affect Banks the most, so Banks are more vulnerable then anyone else.

I see a bigger picture; the crisis started in 2007/2008 was financial crisis. The debt problem is still not solved. Govt. across the globe still trying to figure out the best possible regulation tips.
On top of that Governments themselves are struggling on fiscal deficit and debt issue. So game has not finished yet.
Moreover, China, UK and US still have housing market bubble.
All these setup will affect Banks the most, so Banks are more vulnerable then anyone else.

Its hard enough trying to trade these treacle like markets on a daily basis without getting my head around macro economics.
I'll stick to stealing 10 points here and there. ;)

Its hard enough trying to trade these treacle like markets on a daily basis without getting my head around macro economics.
I'll stick to stealing 10 points here and there. ;)
ok, you still need to know the bigger picture so that you can make sure that you are in right side.

When market is trending you will not have any problem, you know your side and day trade.

The problem comes at the turning point and sideway when most of the day traders fail and day trade strategy.

I used to be day trader myself, and I know how it used to be...

I still do day trading once in a while.. Depending on market..

Moreover, its hard to day trade based on MA....

ok, you still need to know the bigger picture so that you can make sure that you are in right side.

When market is trending you will not have any problem, you know your side and day trade.

The problem comes at the turning point and sideway when most of the day traders fail and day trade strategy.

I used to be day trader myself, and I know how it used to be...

I still do day trading once in a while.. Depending on market..

Moreover, its hard to day trade based on MA....

That's what moving averages are for. Take today's Dax. Up this am then fell off. The 13sma and the 89 sma are now conjoined. That can't go on it will break one way or the other or one way then the other then the other again! Then I can trade the retraces. :cool:

As for (intrday) turning points. PA under the ma then catch a retrace like this down move this am Dax

Attachments

• turning point.PNG
    turning point.PNG
    23.3 KB · Views: 110
Just to clarify that my views and comments was based on daily chart, (3 months HSBC).... it does not reflect day trading view as such !!!! :smart:

Last edited: