Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

Attachments

• Jucy_Steak_Ftse.jpg
    Jucy_Steak_Ftse.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 102
Well, I showed my juicy green steak to everyone yesterday....my secrete

I like the look of your big juicy green steak :clap:

There has been a healthy consolidation and a lot of commentators saying the FTSE has lagged in comparison to other indices.

I think I may have a slice of your steak if you don't mind sharing? :p

What's your reasoning for placing so many longs on the FTSE JT?

I'm not the one who you are questioning but, from ny viewpoint, there is a good reason to short. I follow breakouts on small timeframes and get out at the slightest indication that I am wrong. There is, also, the idea that there could be a Christmas rally, that is biasing me to the long side.

Last edited:
I like the look of your big juicy green steak :clap:

There has been a healthy consolidation and a lot of commentators saying the FTSE has lagged in comparison to other indices.

I think I may have a slice of your steak if you don't mind sharing? :p

Go ahead mate, (y)

Remember, this can be a long play. I started buying on last thursday and still holding it. This is a swing play not day trading.

What I can see, market is waiting for some news to break that triangle. price will move around upper and lower boundry. If it can't break this week due to low volume then after holiday, santa period will start and that where the focus will be.

JT

I'm not the one who you are questioning but, from ny viewpoint, there is a good reason to short. I follow breakouts on small timeframes and get out at the slightest indication that I am wrong. There is, also, the idea that there could be a Christmas rally, that is biasing me to long the long side.

thats true, people plays different timeframe, I avoid playing lower timeframe due to the fact that it has too many noise, too many failures, too many stop hitting etc.

lower timeframe can have short signal at the same time higher timeframe can give long signal.

JT

Last edited:
thats true, people pays different timeframe, I avoid playing lower timeframe due to the fact that it has too many noise, too many failures, too many stop hitting etc.

lower timeframe can have short signal at the same time higher timeframe can give long signal.

JT

What tfs do you use JT?

thats true, people plays different timeframe, I avoid playing lower timeframe due to the fact that it has too many noise, too many failures, too many stop hitting etc.

JT

I'm sure that you are right. I'm on my 2nd trde this morning (Footsie) having lost on the 1st (forex).

30 minutes is my standard timeframe. 2hrs chart for direction.
5 minutes chart for entry.

10 minutes chart for monitoring intraday situations.

in last one week, I have not lost any money, have not got any stop hitting...:)

You are pretty well the same as me, on TF use. I'm just beginning to slip negative , this morning. I only use orders when I go away, my policy being to complete the bar and, this morning, I had to,. So I put one on at 6670 and look what happened- I've been stuck in the bloody thing for ninety minutes, already.

You are pretty well the same as me, on TF use. I'm just beginning to slip negative , this morning. I only use orders when I go away, my policy being to complete the bar and, this morning, I had to,. So I put one on at 6670 and look what happened- I've been stuck in the bloody thing for ninety minutes, already.

my 2 cents, you will never lose money, when you put stop loss, always see bigger timeframe chart not the smaller one.

my 2 cents, you will never lose money, when you put stop loss, always see bigger timeframe chart not the smaller one.

My SL is below the day's low. Whether it holds remains to be seen, but that loss would not rock my boat. What is annoying is the wait.

Last edited:
My SL is below the day's low. Whether it holds remains to be seen, but that loss would not rock my boat. What is annoying is the wait.

You will get your juicy steak.... only when your turn will arrive :clap:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 93