Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

They're still finger pointing in the US. I dont see this getting resolved today. But then I'm not close to the people involved or even an American (thank goodness), I'm just dumb money. But I'm still short Dax.

Seriously - A0 size posters of Pinocchio to try and make a point in a Senate Finance Committee meeting ! :rolleyes:

They're still finger pointing in the US. I dont see this getting resolved today. But then I'm not close to the people involved or even an American (thank goodness), I'm just dumb money. But I'm still short Dax.

Thats all Americans ever do...finger point, big talk, big bully's, need to get their own poop hole in order before poking their nose into others affairs..

Also it doesn't need to be resolved today, but American traders know something and thats seen on yesterdays price action....so soon, real soon.

how do they get us jobless claims when the gov is shutdown?

we got to within 27 of dax30's dow target

374,000 new unemployed in the US this week. :eek: :eek:
Plus an impotent Government.
Its all good. :LOL:

As long as the DJIA holds 14845 today, then it has every chance of meeting the full 14957 upside target.

If you bought the DJIA at my suggested level yesterday 14726, then your stop should be at 14826 today.

As long as the DJIA holds 14845 today, then it has every chance of meeting the full 14957 upside target.

If you bought the DJIA at my suggested level yesterday 14726, then your stop should be at 14826 today.

I'm not doubting your numbers, I'm just incredulous at the Americans.
And the Germans obviously all have good Hausfraus who buy German shares and dont ever sell them again.

DJIA view from yesterday and this morning still valid - DJIA still in dip buy mode for 14957 target.

Today the line in the sand comes in at 14845....so any large dips needs to hold that level for the pattern to remain in place. When I say hold.... don't pee your pants on dips below it, its the closing prices on the hourly you need to take notice of, not quick blips to run stops.

If 14957 is seen, or indeed even if price makes it to the 14950's, you should cover longs and await signals for a sell around or just above this level.

A solid close below 14845 today on the hourly would likely indicate a return to 14775/800.

Just my view of the market...take it anyway you want :p

well if it opens up100+ from last night's close that'd be a good start - they don't fade it above 60

was that a limit order?

in your diary of daxtrader thread I do not think u have had a single losing trade, that is truly amazing

It was a buy stop to go long at 8650, they filled me at 8658.5, I cut the trade straightaway at 8660 becasue of the slippage.

was that a limit order?

in your diary of daxtrader thread I do not think u have had a single losing trade, that is truly amazing

No losing trade this week that is correct. But they will come, thats for sure.:(

Though its very hard for me to take a losing trade on my full risk as I have a feel of when to cut my DAX trades and get out with either a small loss or small profit. I monitor the trades every heart beat.

Very rare will I ever let the DAX move say 7-10pts or more in my direction and then drop below +3pts without me doing something. Would rather cut it and move on.

My loses tend to occur only when price moves against me right from the get go at entry and stays below /above my entry, but still, I cut early when my view changes.

Last edited:
No losing trade this week that is correct. But they will come, thats for sure.:(

Though its very hard for me to take a losing trade on my full risk as I have a feel of when to cut my DAX trades and get out with either a small loss or small profit. I monitor the trades every heart beat.

Very rare will I ever let the DAX move say 7-10pts or more in my direction and then drop below +3pts without me doing something. Would rather cut it and move on.

My loses tend to occur only when price moves against me right from the get go at entry and stays below /above my entry, but still, I cut early when my view changes.

thats the good thing with a buy stop, to get triggered there maybe some good momentum in your favour when u are put long, may run a few points further gives u options.

DJIA view from yesterday and this morning still valid - DJIA still in dip buy mode for 14957 target.

Today the line in the sand comes in at 14845....so any large dips needs to hold that level for the pattern to remain in place. When I say hold.... don't pee your pants on dips below it, its the closing prices on the hourly you need to take notice of, not quick blips to run stops.

If 14957 is seen, or indeed even if price makes it to the 14950's, you should cover longs and await signals for a sell around or just above this level.

A solid close below 14845 today on the hourly would likely indicate a return to 14775/800.

Just my view of the market...take it anyway you want :p

DJIA 14957 hit.

Is this the point the dumb money buys?

Attachments

• delme.jpg
    delme.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 87
i got upside target 15,032 current high 14,964

Possibly - there are extension targets to the upside with the pattern using fib extension. But the 14957 was the profit take level.

Following the pattern by the text book, you would be on the side now awaiting a sell signal.