hehe

DAX (^GDAXI)-XETRA
Prev Close: 8,664.10
Open: 8,672.82
Day's Range: 8,641.39 - 8,691.48
52wk Range: 6,950.53 - 8,770.10

8,691.48 minus 8,641.39 = 50.09
Its childs play.
Dax dealers are NOT smarter than a ten year old because they cant count past 50.

2 longs 2 losses ...not looking good for the bulls at the mo :(

have we seen todays low?

The Dow bothers me - there is very little stopping it going back down to 15272 and lower, except a 1 minute trend line which is almost exactly on 15300 at the moment.

I'm happy on the sidelines.

I would try and get long Dow if it goes above +22 during cash session. 15.349

some big ftse100 stocks are down heavy, think the long side is toast unless US can help out

ftse cash is fut+28.

so will cash 6528 provide point for short term bounce?

Last edited:
FTSE Dax and Dow balancing on a knife edge.
10 points lower on each of them on an hourly chart - Goodnight Vienna in my opinion.
I'm still neutral.

i agree but i think we may have seen the low ...it's worse than reading poetry :(

Ah - but Reading poetry is still better than taking a losing trade through boredom.
I'm off out for a couple of hours to catch the last of the summer sun. Should be a different picture when I return. :)

OOh - just caught that movement. FTSE - the canary in the coalmine. Then the Dow.

Last one short please turn out the lights.

nice move.
i was to slow and missed the high
can anyone see this testing yesterdays low 8609 then bouncing?

Just wait a while. If it does go down that far you've made an extra 40 points on current levels.
If it doesn't - there's always another setup around the corner.

ashg85,
I hope you waited for your entry setup of 8609 and then went long. There was a 30 point up move.

The Dow bothers me - there is very little stopping it going back down to 15272 and lower, except a 1 minute trend line which is almost exactly on 15300 at the moment.

I'm happy on the sidelines.

Dow down to 15274.
Dax is amazingly resilient 'for the moment'.

ashg85,
I hope you waited for your entry setup of 8609 and then went long. There was a 30 point up move.

hi
i put an order on yesterday for 8610 and still holding at the mo but not sure for how much longer. everything seems weak

hi
i put an order on yesterday for 8610 and still holding at the mo but not sure for how much longer. everything seems weak

DAX
Prev Close: 8,664.10
Open: 8,672.82
Day's Range: 8,611.45 - 8,691.48

Hmmm - just missed it. :(

U.S. Income UP - inflation UP - thats not great news...
Still when did 'news' move the markets. :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:
So - Dow is down 100 points from overnight highs, and is sitting down 45 points from close.
Dax is away with the fairies doing its own thing.
FTSE has been for its early bath, got out, gone to bed, and is having its goodnight story read to it.

I'm long dow and wondering have I done the right thing? :-0 :( :confused: