Anyone scalping the FTSE Futures??

UK retail sales a disaster -0.9 vs +0.4 expected. Not a flicker on the ftse.
We truly have lost all touch with reality.

@stacyherbert

So many in financial media were either willing or unwilling dupes in Ben Bernanke's 'taper' hoax

When they pass the debt ceiling more upside.

And don't forget the Santa rally is not far away.

Add

Just done a short on the DAX for a 1.5 point profit, are happy day's.:D

Last edited:
When they pass the debt ceiling more upside.

And don't forget the Santa rally is not far away.

Add

Just done a short on the DAX for a 1.5 point profit, are happy day's.:D

I know how you feel - I had a roller coaster ride just to get 4 points shorting the Dax. :rolleyes:

Thats where I got my information from. The site flags it as having a High Impact - its in red. It had no impact at all.

might be better using a notebook/diary and record how much volatility the number actually causes,but on day like today hard to break the bid

the retail sector strength is confirming strong sales, the data is just lumpy might be do do with back to school stuff,

There's lots of gaps below on all the charts at the moment.... maybe gap closing is consigned to the past, like other superstitions. ;)

might be better using a notebook/diary and record how much volatility the number actually causes,but on day like today hard to break the bid

the retail sector strength is confirming strong sales, the data is just lumpy might be do do with back to school stuff,

Think note's are great idea, you look back on reason's for break out's.

And look for reason's to go back into the break out, if that makes sense.

Might work more on FX trading.

It looks like the Dax has finally disconnected from the Dow. They have been twinned for so long.

By the way - nice legs Bustech.

Remember what happened in May when the Fed hinted at Tapering, the markets dropped quick. Then the next day they collapsed. Hopefully, we should see the complete opposite when the DOW opens today.
I'm sitting on my SP500 longs from yesterday evening, hoping for more of the same today.

yes once US opens it is likely to go vertically go up....will kill all the fresh shorts which are trying to take an easy trade before a good pull back

SPY implying dow +84

SP500sept implying dow +92

wonder how the hedge funds have done during september?